MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd Post*
Mar 13, 2016 at 3:09 PM Post #556 of 3,265
Wow that matches my impressions almost exactly. I'm curious whether most people hear them this way, especially concerning the 5k peak. As a mids-head, that peak is my biggest issue with the P1.
I don't see the elevated upper midrange as spiked, but more that it's is slightly elevated. There's a dip right at sibilant sounds, then it raises back up around 10k, which will give some people a sense of things being a little bright. My ears hear it as very extended.

I personally think the Pinnacle has such high resolution, the upper midrange lift and slight bass/mid bass emphasis gives them a neutral-ish sound with added dynamics and a welcomed energy to the midrange that I find rather enjoyable. YMMV

Mar 13, 2016 at 3:44 PM Post #557 of 3,265
Wow that matches my impressions almost exactly. I'm curious whether most people hear them this way, especially concerning the 5k peak. As a mids-head, that peak is my biggest issue with the P1.

I hear them that way, but I think the whole peak thing is an exaggeration. It actually is quite smooth. I don't get all the bright or peak talk at all. They definitely don't sound bright or piercing to me at all.

I can relate to that graph too, although I hear the 5k emphasis as rather mild and not annoying. I'm not all that fond of the low end though, but will refrain from final judgement until they pass the 50hrs mark.
wink.gif

Mar 13, 2016 at 3:50 PM Post #558 of 3,265
I hear them that way, but I think the whole peak thing is an exaggeration. It actually is quite smooth. I don't get all the bright or peak talk at all. They definitely don't sound bright or piercing to me at all.

I would agree. It could very well be your source just not jiving? I will say personally speaking as well, the first week with the P1 was awesome. However I wasn't impressed with the lack of bass foundation (sub bass quality/quantity). It just didn't seem to reach to me. Additionally the mids actually felt a tad recessed (read nothing special). I realized that even though I had the p1 in comfortably I did not make sure to push the housing to make it flush with the conch of my ear, (I guess somehow I managed to not get a proper seal, however nothing in that time frame felt like it wasn't secure or worn right.) 

To my surprise that lacking bass foundation (quality/quantity) came through and the mids became more intimate. Changing the tips to the large single flange help reduce that heat I was getting from the highs, and I've been a happy camper ever since. Actually happier since I took MEE up on a replacement. 

Things I noticed about the newer batches which if I may ask others for confirmation. I feel that the included upgrade cable is lighter as well as easier to manipulate. The MMCX connectors feel like they were made to be used together, where as the first one I received, it felt required more push to make it snap in.

Mar 13, 2016 at 3:56 PM Post #559 of 3,265
thanks...very helpful

Mar 13, 2016 at 4:03 PM Post #560 of 3,265
I can relate to that graph too, although I hear the 5k emphasis as rather mild and not annoying. I'm not all that fond of the low end though, but will refrain from final judgement until they pass the 50hrs mark. :wink:

To be clear, I also hear the 5k peak as relatively mild, but I just hate 5k peaks lol. Anything that affects my mids in a non-linear way sticks out strongly to my ears, even if it's relatively innocuous looking. This is one of the main reasons why I hold the Rockets in such high esteem.

Mar 13, 2016 at 5:42 PM Post #563 of 3,265
how much...?

Mar 13, 2016 at 10:32 PM Post #565 of 3,265
so many iems out there nowadays offering good to great value and more coming out soon:
flc, trinity, dunu etc...and mee, among others.

how to the pnnacles compare to the sony 7550?
i love the sound of the sony but that loop
prevents them from sitting as well in my ears
as more free standing styles.

seeking a balanced sound with good punchy low end,
good mids and treble....for rock and blues.

also considering the flc or trinity delta hybrid ii  (when the latter comes out)
...but have heard good things on the campfire jupiter but $$$$

Mar 13, 2016 at 10:38 PM Post #566 of 3,265
so many iems out there nowadays offering good to great value:
flc, trinity etc...and mee.

how to these compare to the sony 7550?
i love the sound of the sony but that loop
prevents them from sitting as well in my ears
as more free standing styles.

seeking a balanced sound with good punchy low end,
good mids and treble....for rock and blues.

also considering the flc or trinity delta hybrid ii  (when the latter comes out)
...but have heard good things on the campfire jupiter but $$$$
i just bought pair above, had considered flc8 or sony xba a3 but these are $100 to $150 less. Can compare with trinity atlas soon (very nice iem for price)

Mar 13, 2016 at 10:43 PM Post #567 of 3,265
i just bought pair above, had considered flc8 or sony xba a3 but these are $100 to $150 less. Can compare with trinity atlas soon (very nice iem for price)

drats!.you beat me to the seller :wink:

excuse my naivete but i've only now heard of this brand.

great time for iems with dunu and trinity coming out with higher end ($300ish) models too.

i've only thus far had the vsonics gr07 (loved the detail and well balanced signature)
sony xb90ex...fun iem but the bass pushes back the mids and treble and details a bit
though i guess you could alway eq things.
....sony 7550...enjoying them but dont' sit well in my ears wth the loop.

Mar 13, 2016 at 11:30 PM Post #569 of 3,265
Mar 14, 2016 at 12:04 AM Post #570 of 3,265
drats!.you beat me to the seller :wink:

excuse my naivete but i've only now heard of this brand.

great time for iems with dunu and trinity coming out with higher end ($300ish) models too.

i've only thus far had the vsonics gr07 (loved the detail and well balanced signature)
sony xb90ex...fun iem but the bass pushes back the mids and treble and details a bit
though i guess you could alway eq things.
....sony 7550...enjoying them but dont' sit well in my ears wth the loop.
the design/fit of the sony is what stopped me from ordering Sony a3. May order from amazon due to easyvreturn policy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back