MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd Post*
Feb 13, 2016 at 2:39 AM Post #212 of 3,265

Have you had any issues with them? I've owned a fair number of IEMs that cost considerably more, and the Pinnacle are rock solid and built better than just about anything I've encountered.

Westone is probably the only IEM I've had that is equal in construction.

Some sort of rubbery glue was coming out of the seam of one on the first pair that I received, though I do think they were an open box/refurb sold as new by a secondary retailer on Amazon.  On the second set, ordered directly from Amazon, one of the IEMs would quit working entirely if the chord moved at all.  I've also gotten a PM from another member asking about Amazon's return policy, as his are imbalanced.  I'm anticipating a wait for the third pair, due to the CNY, but only time will tell.

Feb 13, 2016 at 2:42 AM Post #213 of 3,265

Some sort of rubbery glue was coming out of the seam of one on the first pair that I received, though I do think they were an open box/refurb sold as new by a secondary retailer on Amazon.  On the second set, ordered directly from Amazon, one of the IEMs would quit working entirely if the chord moved at all.  I've also gotten a PM from another member asking about Amazon's return policy, as his are imbalanced.  I'm anticipating a wait for the third pair, due to the CNY, but only time will tell.

Man that sucks. My pair is really well-built.

Feb 13, 2016 at 5:22 AM Post #214 of 3,265

Sold by Amazon still has the issue?

Feb 13, 2016 at 10:46 AM Post #216 of 3,265
Had mine since wednsday still a few more hours burn in ( work has limited time together) although run in through the night, and have to say once again these are an absolute steal!
Comfort, fit, build, unbelievable detail and to my ears nicely balanced and pretty neutral, thought the comply tips muffled the mids slightly, lost a bit of spark, double flanged gave me the best sound through fiio x7 + e12a. Also I can suffer if frequencys to high and bright, had these in my ears for 3 to 4 hour slots and comfort and frequencys never fatiguing... Messaged twister after his initial review to see if these would suit me more than Dunu dnk2j as was worried a bit bright for me and have to say there better than I hoped... Keep up the good work twister and all the others with the good reviews and advice and thanks to all

Feb 14, 2016 at 9:06 PM Post #220 of 3,265
Very dissimilar. The Kicker is darker with much more bass. The Pinnacle has a more refined sound and is close to neutral. I find the Pinnacle to be the most comfortable IEM I've owned. The Kicker isolates well, but the Pinnacle isolates more.
. Would you say the Pinnacle still has a fun sound to it? I like bass but too much of it I don't like, but I also love my details and a nice soundstage, as long that the pinnacle still have a nice kick and punch and can rumble when it needs to i'm happy :)

Feb 15, 2016 at 1:31 AM Post #223 of 3,265
  Has anyone had a chance to try Spinfit tips or other non-included tips?

Spinfits have never fit me, but I have tried a bunch of random tips with the Pinnacle. I mostly use the Monster SuperTips (foam) because they isolate well and are a lot easier to take in and out repeatedly while I'm at work than Comply.

Feb 15, 2016 at 8:59 AM Post #224 of 3,265
And final comparison, how do the Pinnacle P1 compare with the RHA T10 & T20? I listen to EDM and Rap, but I am in the darker heavier side of electronic music like hardstyle, hardcore, qult & drum and bass so its faster pace and has heavy bass haha. My current iems are the T10i so do you think the Pinnacle P1 will impress me as for an upgrade to the t10 I am looking for better clarity basically batter over all performance but will it disapoint me in the bass side I am a basshead but I also do have a soft spot for clarity. I am up for shifting from the dark into the light and the Pinnacle P1 are calling my name. I am seriously tempted to buy them but I need the FACTs, I need that power I need the TRUTH!!!!!!!!!!! Shall I stick in the dark realm of the basslords or shall I give into the light and let the sweet details of music bring me back to life :smiling_imp: :innocent:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back