MDRXD300?
Mar 5, 2011 at 4:11 PM Post #2 of 7
They are my second set of ear covering cans that I've had for about five years and I'm now looking to upgrade to something else. I can't really compare them to anything else since I haven't tried anything else other than these so far. 

They are quite comfortable on the ears and hold in place, but they look silly since the arch sticks up really high on your head. Not good for a bus or airplane since you will hit your head on everything and everyone stares at you like you are an air traffic control officer. Also, there is a rubber band that clamps to the top of your head to keep them in place which is fatiguing after a while and messes your hair up and looks funny. The cable is a single stereo cable that is fixed in to one side of the set, so it is not detachable and is a 3.5mm end on it.

The sound quality is good for working on multimedia at home or listening, but I would be skeptical of how it compares to other "studio monitors" out there since the price point on these babies are fairly low, and are sold in every home electronics store in the country. Also, it has a switch that says music and movie mode so obviously that is a bit gimmicky to consider these as serious cans.

They don't take batteries, and don't fold up for storage, and don't come with a bag. I thought they would be a step up from inner earphones to keep noise out, but they really don't block outside noise very well.

I like the cloth wrapped cable on them it is kind of a nice feel. I don't own anything else that has ever been cloth wrapped so that is a bit special. It came with a cloth extension cable with a 3.5mm male to female extension and a gold 3.5mm female to 1/4 male adapter.

Mar 5, 2011 at 8:06 PM Post #3 of 7
Not trying to be rude here and it's good you gave your impressions here, but this is a FIVE year old thread you are bumping.

Mar 6, 2011 at 8:19 PM Post #6 of 7
Sorry for bumping. I don't see why a new thread should be started when there is a perfectly good thread to use with no replies. The mods can lock it if that's the policy around here.

I currently use this model, and it would be helpful for me to learn what the difference is between this discontinued model compared against other models that are on the market right now. The XD100 came out about the same time as the XD300, but the XD100 is still being manufactured. So I'm just wondering if the 300 is some kind of major flaw in the design or not. Maybe someone has some thoughts on why it has been discontinued.

Mar 6, 2011 at 9:19 PM Post #7 of 7
Good question, it could be a design flaw or likely the XD300 was a slow seller.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back