MDR-SA5000 in US for $380
Mar 25, 2005 at 7:46 PM Post #166 of 203
edit

Mar 25, 2005 at 8:38 PM Post #167 of 203
Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveM324
I don't think so. I bought my CD3K's over a year ago for $394 shipped from Audiocubes. The CD3K's were in production for many years before I purchased them. The SA5000's MSRP is priced nearly the same as the CD3K's MSRP. Therefore, I doubt that the price will drop much lower than the $380 that we've already seen.

Yes. I am not talking exactly about these headphones. I am talking about how relative price is for our impression of headphones. Let us say that they had priced HD595 to $800 when they were new and the price now had decreased to $500. I promise that many of us including me should have the apprehension that $500 would be a good price. I am rather sure of that.
biggrin.gif

Georg

Mar 25, 2005 at 9:09 PM Post #168 of 203
Quote:

Originally Posted by Langrath
Yes. I am not talking exactly about these headphones. I am talking about how relative price is for our impression of headphones. Let us say that they had priced HD595 to $800 when they were new and the price now had decreased to $500. I promise that many of us including me should have the apprehension that $500 would be a good price. I am rather sure of that.
biggrin.gif

Georg

I obviously think that $397 delivered to my house is a good price for the SA5000's. IMO, they are priced competitively with other high end phones. My 650's with the 10' Zu cable cost me $579. The RS1's that I purchased new cost $575 and the CD3000's cost me $394. I like the CD3000's better than the more expensive RS-1's. GS has stated that he likes the SA5000's much more than the CD3K's. If the SA5000's turn out to be better than the CD3K's, it will be worth it for me. So yes, I think it is a good price relative to its competition.

Mar 25, 2005 at 11:00 PM Post #170 of 203
Quote:

Originally Posted by trivik12
Thanks GSFerrari for the reply.Another question any difference between echo indigo IO and echo indigo DJ. Both of them seem to be priced around the same.

I dont have sufficient experience with the units to comment. You can post a question in the "Computer's As Source" section or do a search for the "echo indigo"

cheers!

gs

Mar 26, 2005 at 1:07 AM Post #171 of 203
backdrifter, I'm following your thoughts in this thread (along with NeilPeart's well thought out commentary as well) with a great deal of interest. I haven't fully developed my thoughts on the topic, but I will say the SA5k certainly do not give me the impression of being in the audience of a concert hall or club listening to real music. They give me the impression that my ear is literally where the microphone is - one inch away from the instrument. I think I mentioned this in my other thread, sometimes it seems like I'm hearing the direct feeds from the microphones that the recording engineer might be getting.

Now I like this, and I like it a lot. I think right now, through my headphones, I'm not looking for an authentic performance experience. Right now I'm exploring/enjoying all the musical information and fascinating presentation that the Qualia are giving me. I don't think I would use the word amusical, because this is the music to me, but I will again agree, this is certainly not like attending a real musical performance.

Best regards,

-Jason

Oh the usual caveat - I listen to really really crappy Jpop music. The live performances I attend are always very amplified, loud pop/rock concerts.

Mar 26, 2005 at 1:53 AM Post #172 of 203
edit

Mar 26, 2005 at 4:07 AM Post #174 of 203
My SA5000 will arrive this weekend. I still can't figure out how come the price in the States in cheaper than Japan. I asked a friend of mine who work at Toyota Japan to check the price of the SA5000 and the best price he found was 480 dollars. Maybe there is more demand of headphone in the States than in Japan.

Purk

Mar 26, 2005 at 4:17 AM Post #175 of 203
It's not uncommon for goods in the States to be cheaper than in Japan. If you hunt around, $480 is the street price for the SA5k here in Japan, though it costs a lot more at the big name retailers. I believe what we're seeing is similar to the pricing of the CD3k and many other consumer electronics.

backdrifter - I did see your thread and will try the nude HD650 tonight. I really want to get a good tube amp for my Senns too.

Best,

-Jason

Mar 26, 2005 at 4:20 AM Post #176 of 203
Quote:

Originally Posted by trivik12
Thanks GSF. I did search for echo indigo and I am happy with the reviews.Also Stereophile and Toms Hardware gave good reviews.So I bought Echo Indigo IO.Wallet is lighter. sigh

I was looking at the Echo soundcards today too. What made you decide on IO instead of the DJ or the standard Indigo. Just curious because I wasn't sure which one to get but I'm leaning towards the DJ because it has one headphone output and one line output.

Mar 26, 2005 at 4:40 AM Post #177 of 203
SteveM324,
Just the research on this site.. I just wanted a good card for SA1000 which is reaching me on monday.

Please dont go by my purchase. Maybe post a question in the forum as GS had suggested. I would be interested in seeing the response. I had bought through ebay through musicgear4less and I believe he is selling both the cards at the same price $159 which is $20 less than the lowest price through froogle.

Mar 26, 2005 at 9:38 PM Post #178 of 203
Just ordered some from etronics for 429.99 + shipping...

For fellow CA residents note that BeachAudio charges tax but etronics does not so it works out to be the same, especially when you can get 1% back on etronis purchases through fatwallet.com ...
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 28, 2005 at 6:54 PM Post #180 of 203
Hi,
Has anyone who ordered from BeachAudio receive their headphones? I was going to order from digitalfotoclub, but if BeachAudio is reputable seller then I place my order with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back