MDR SA-5000 is this site legit?
Nov 16, 2010 at 10:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Stockbox

New Head-Fier
First time poster. But been watching the forum for a good while now.

I came across this site http://www.ambientweather.com/ptymdrsa5000.html that sells the MDR SA-5000 for $201.45 and I was wondering if this is legit. Hopefully it is because at this price it's too good to pass up. I know that these we're on sale on Amazon not to long ago for about the same price and I don't want to miss out on this opportunity again. Who knows? These could go on sale again for even less one Black Friday rolls around.

Just giving yall a heads up on this potential deal... I'll be posting more on here if I order them. 
beyersmile.png

Nov 16, 2010 at 11:40 AM Post #4 of 9
Just ordered a pair from them, gonna redirect them to the UK.

Nov 16, 2010 at 1:17 PM Post #5 of 9
Well, I've had my first 2 orders on SA-5000's at the 200 dollar price point cancelled, maybe third times the charm.  I didn't see any real negative reviews on that 3rd party site.  Most of it is "omg they cancelled my order, waaah", or something about not actually getting an absurd deal that was a mistake.  I work for a software company that sells E-commerce products.  This is just how this kind of thing goes, they're not looking to screw anyone.

For black Friday, I'd expect to maybe see these at 200 wide spread, but I wouldn't expect cheaper.  There are new models coming out, but this is still like half price.  Also, I've almost never seen a black Friday deal that was better than Amazon normal prices, in several years of waking up at 3am to wait in lines.

Nov 16, 2010 at 2:18 PM Post #7 of 9

Quote:
FYI:  I just gave them a call.  There are 7 of these in stock still.

I got this through my email, 20 mins after you called them.

Quote:
[size=12pt]Greetings,

Our apologies, but the item you ordered contained a listing error and the model ordered is not available. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Your account has been credited in full and your order has been voided.

Again, my sincere apologies for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Ambient Weather Support

[/size]

Nov 16, 2010 at 2:28 PM Post #8 of 9
me too, received a mail just mins ago from them same as Ra97oR's.

I ordered another one for backup reason two days ago and got a tracking number yesterday. However, they asked UPS to return the phones back to them. Following is what I saw on UPS website.

UPS:  THE SHIPPER HAS REQUESTED A DELIVERY INTERCEPT FOR THIS PACKAGE / RETURN TO SENDER PENDING

Nov 16, 2010 at 3:43 PM Post #9 of 9

Quote:
Well, I've had my first 2 orders on SA-5000's at the 200 dollar price point cancelled, maybe third times the charm.  I didn't see any real negative reviews on that 3rd party site.  Most of it is "omg they cancelled my order, waaah", or something about not actually getting an absurd deal that was a mistake.  I work for a software company that sells E-commerce products.  This is just how this kind of thing goes, they're not looking to screw anyone.

For black Friday, I'd expect to maybe see these at 200 wide spread, but I wouldn't expect cheaper.  There are new models coming out, but this is still like half price.  Also, I've almost never seen a black Friday deal that was better than Amazon normal prices, in several years of waking up at 3am to wait in lines.

Guess I'm not going to trust that site or Google's lowest price that is from a questionable site... Hope there amazon or any other reliable site that has a sale on these phones soon. Sorry for those who listened to me...
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back