Mayberry On Acid: First Ever Fairfax, CA Meet February 2, 2008!
Dec 21, 2007 at 7:47 PM Post #91 of 433
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I remember you, big, tall, had lions for your hands and feet (kinda weird by the way) and you just kept walking around saying things like, "ROAR!"

It must be the shoes!

voltron.jpg

Quote:

Yup, Stephen is really real too!

PenguinBeerglass.gif

That's him! That's exactly how he looked most of the time in SoFla in October!
biggrin.gif

Dec 21, 2007 at 7:48 PM Post #92 of 433
Hey, I just realized that there's an untapped market for you DIY guys there! Audio gear/spy cams. Since the general consensus seems to be around here that your wives/girlfriends won't touch the audio gear, they won't get close enough to notice the camera. You can market a hi-fi audio-spycam combo to the paranoid or perv guys who want to catch things on tape without sacrificing sound quality.

okay, maybe I better leave that one alone.
eek.gif

Dec 21, 2007 at 7:56 PM Post #94 of 433
Quote:

Originally Posted by Voltron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's him! That's exactly how he looked most of the time in SoFla in October!
biggrin.gif

Careful there, or we'll demote you to vehicle voltron instead of lion voltron.

Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey, I just realized that there's an untapped market for you DIY guys there! Audio gear/spy cams. Since the general consensus seems to be around here that your wives/girlfriends won't touch the audio gear, they won't get close enough to notice the camera. You can market a hi-fi audio-spycam combo to the paranoid or perv guys who want to catch things on tape without sacrificing sound quality.

okay, maybe I better leave that one alone.
eek.gif

I don't think I want to see what tyrion and numbers do in the privacy of their own home in front of their gear.

Dec 21, 2007 at 8:02 PM Post #95 of 433
Quote:

Originally Posted by thrice /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't think I want to see what tyrion and numbers do in the privacy of their own home in front of their gear.

You don't have to watch, only build and sell the gear.

Dec 21, 2007 at 8:49 PM Post #97 of 433
I hate to even ask this, Nate, did I meet you at the National in NYC? If I did, I'm old and forgetful so I have an excuse. If I didn't, that sucks because you should have joined us for our Friday corruption of Wayne and Saturday night Villiage Vanguard trip to see Bill Frisell (and watch Gene and Al, sleep while sitting upright -- sorry guys, it was funny).

Quote:

Originally Posted by thrice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Careful there, or we'll demote you to vehicle voltron instead of lion voltron.

I would be way more concerned about numbers than me. Although, I have been known to listen to music wearing.......... I think I hear my wife calling, I'l finish this later.

Dec 21, 2007 at 9:01 PM Post #98 of 433
Quote:

There's a market for DIY gear?
eek.gif

Granted, the spycam/quality dac combo market would be niche at best, but you could corner it, and given the known proclivities of our species, if marketed correctly, I think you'd have a winner!

Dec 21, 2007 at 9:41 PM Post #99 of 433
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hate to even ask this, Nate, did I meet you at the National in NYC? If I did, I'm old and forgetful so I have an excuse. If I didn't, that sucks because you should have joined us for our Friday corruption of Wayne and Saturday night Villiage Vanguard trip to see Bill Frisell (and watch Gene and Al, sleep while sitting upright -- sorry guys, it was funny).

I don't think so Mike. I was much less known then (the good old days) but I met Gene and a few others. And I was only their Saturday and Sunday, I drove down that morning and drove home Sunday night. Won't be doing that this year!

Dec 22, 2007 at 10:07 AM Post #100 of 433
Wow you Floridians really like to chat it up.. page 5... I was going to quote that Chris Farley Pick.. aww Farley... I miss that guy ('s Comedy), but it's already a page away, so nope, too far off.

Speaking of all this DIY, I believe the NWO fits right in. Total DIY project done by a guy I know out of his garage who lives a few cities over. We'll compare for sure.

Neil

Dec 22, 2007 at 2:40 PM Post #101 of 433
Quote:

Originally Posted by neilvg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow you Floridians really like to chat it up.. page 5... I was going to quote that Chris Farley Pick.. aww Farley... I miss that guy ('s Comedy), but it's already a page away, so nope, too far off.

Speaking of all this DIY, I believe the NWO fits right in. Total DIY project done by a guy I know out of his garage who lives a few cities over. We'll compare for sure.

Neil

If you ignore most of what we say you will have missed nothing.
biggrin.gif

Does this meant the NWO is traveling? Either way, I hope to hear that beast.

Dec 22, 2007 at 3:10 PM Post #102 of 433
Quote:

Originally Posted by neilvg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Neil

Good point, Neil ...

But, fear the non-comericial Alien + Rockhopper Mini^3 ... As Ivan Drago says, "I must break you."
biggrin.gif
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

rocky-4.jpg

Dec 23, 2007 at 9:15 AM Post #104 of 433
NEWS FLASHES!!!

NightWoundsTime to make Mayberry! Rounds out Team Florida presence (and "rounding out" is just a figure of speech, Matt, not a knock on your figure)!

Immtbiker boldly jumps into the Mayberry Madness! Said Kovics, "If those guys think they can move the SoFla Meet MoJo out west without me, they've got another thing coming!"

Pico progenitor rumored to consider taking up the MOT sales-free challenge. Although never without at least 200 pounds of gear at meets, justin w overheard to say "Who needs marketing when they have those drinks that taste like pine trees?"

Further news from the Mayberry front no doubt forthcoming!

Dec 23, 2007 at 2:17 PM Post #105 of 433
Quote:

Originally Posted by Voltron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
NEWS FLASHES!!!

NightWoundsTime to make Mayberry! Rounds out Team Florida presence (and "rounding out" is just a figure of speech, Matt, not a knock on your figure)!

Immtbiker boldly jumps into the Mayberry Madness! Said Kovics, "If those guys think they can move the SoFla Meet MoJo out west without me, they've got another thing coming!"

Pico progenitor rumored to consider taking up the MOT sales-free challenge. Although never without at least 200 pounds of gear at meets, justin w overheard to say "Who needs marketing when they have those drinks that taste like pine trees?"

Further news from the Mayberry front no doubt forthcoming!

Yum, pine trees. I hope our young friend was warned of the dire consequences for violation of our MOT sales free zone.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back