May 5th - Vancouver, BC Meet 2013
Jan 20, 2013 at 11:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 461

TwinQY

Something about the rear end of a cat

Brought up in the Sept Vancouver meet thread, but though it warranted a new thread. Anyone interested? There was a good turnout last meet, but I know there are tons of others who missed it.

I think there was some interest for a Van Island meet. Even a thread for it somewhere (couldn't find it after, deleted?). Usually I visit near Duncan during March/April. A seaside meet in the spring, woot!

Not very familiar with the location though, places to set up, etc. So wouldn't be able to organize if it was on the island. Maybe could do one in Van, but as mentioned, more people would be available in September (though March/April would be better for me). See how it goes when I get back. Definitely up to help organize. Great weather last meet.

As mentioned, March/April for Van Isalnd would be fine with me. I just know there's got to be some Van Island head-fiers somewhere! Setting up a place to meet/organizing would be the problem. PM me if anyone has any leads/interests in doing so. 

Otherwise, a normal Vancouver meet would be fine as well. March, or during/after the summer (time is obviously not set, just throwing some suggestions out). Maybe a bit too early to talk about another one? Want to make this as accessible as possible.

Basically, things needed ATM to make this a reality (really have nothing planned out currently):
Organizers - 
Set-up location - 

Will update the OP accordingly if things come to fruition/any interest at all/someone decides to take over....

Vancouver meet is confirmed.  (Will not make it to the Van Island meet in time but the thread is open for anyone else who might want to take charge on that front)

Date : May 5th (unless improptu meteor shower or otherwise) 

Gear list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjF76L3kVGUKdF9feDJxZ05qUGQ2WDRMV0JWVEJjdlE&usp=sharing

Attendance: HEAD-FIERS ONLY. You can bring guests though. Preferably PM your attendance so I can add you to the list/gear list.

Time: 11:00AM - 6:00PM unless change in plans.

Volunteers to help organize or set up on the day of the meet will be much appreciated!

Actually restating this to make it as clear as I can:
PM OR POST GEAR LIST/WHAT YOU'RE BRINGING PLEASE SO I CAN ADD IT ONTO THE LIST.

Jan 24, 2013 at 4:54 AM Post #3 of 461
I don't know much about the island, I can do Vancouver/Bby in the summer, march and April is exam period for me, would love to go though

Jan 28, 2013 at 2:34 PM Post #5 of 461
I think smaller "restaurant"-level "portable" meets every couple of months is cool and easy to organize, saving our efforts for one massive, really well-put together, annual meet each September.

Feb 6, 2013 at 12:31 AM Post #8 of 461
I just got back in town a few days ago, so I can probably start organizing now. If the Van Island people are reading the thread, and if there's any interest at all, I'd like to start planning around next week or so.

Quote:
I think smaller "restaurant"-level "portable" meets every couple of months is cool and easy to organize, saving our efforts for one massive, really well-put together, annual meet each September.

True, but less accessible to the start-up head-fiers not in the circle though. It's also a cool tradition.

Quote:
i probably won't be coming out for this one.

frown.gif

Feb 8, 2013 at 7:42 PM Post #9 of 461
Depending where and when, I may be game. I have some Schiit too (Lyr and Bifrost), and an LCD2r2 on order. But my free time is also a little bit sad right now.

Feb 9, 2013 at 3:51 AM Post #10 of 461
I'd be interested, just got into headphones and bought the Magni and DT770 32 OHM Anniversary Edition which I can bring
Nothing too expensive like you guys, but it what I have for now
Off topic, but anyone here willing to sell a pair of HE-400s? 
L3000.gif

Feb 9, 2013 at 11:05 PM Post #11 of 461
Message planx?
Quote:
I'd be interested, just got into headphones and bought the Magni and DT770 32 OHM Anniversary Edition which I can bring
L3000.gif

Feb 9, 2013 at 11:40 PM Post #12 of 461
Quote:
L3000.gif

Quote:
Message planx?

How about no. Hahaha naw I need my HE-400 to trade in for the HE-500.

Feb 9, 2013 at 11:42 PM Post #13 of 461
Uhh, when will this take place? Within a month I should have the HE-500 and maybe another goodie. If it's not a huge meet, I'm not bringing my Marantz again... 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back