Maverick Audio TubeMagic D1 (DAC/Amp) - Condensed FAQ and Info Thread
Sep 6, 2011 at 9:29 AM Post #451 of 783
Yes thank you, I've considered that but I'd rather avoid having to buy another thing.

Sep 12, 2011 at 2:05 AM Post #453 of 783

Quote:
Jeffrey from TamAudio sells them for cheap
http://tamaudio.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&path=39_46&product_id=80

The different opamp versions should sound the same. They're just different packages for different applications

I've had my D1 for about 4 months now and I have a opa627 from Tam's, a LM4652, a opa209, the LME4972 and a opa1611.  I've replaced the tube with a cheap Raytheon 5670 and have it paired with the opa1611.  I think the 1611 blows the 627 out of the water, at least with this tube in this dac for me.  The 1611 has better extension in both directions, has better details.  The 627 may have a bit more punch, but I may just be trying to find some redeeming factor in the 627 cause I'm even liking the LM4652 better and I find it muddled compaired to the prestine sound of the 1611.  I had a opa827 but it failed with my old Forte, but I liked it the best in the sound card.  Need to get another.  The 1611 and the 827 are cheaper than the 627 also.

Sep 14, 2011 at 3:58 PM Post #454 of 783
got my OPA627s from Tam Audio... going to replace the DAC opamp for sure, but just out of curiosity (and seeing as how I had to buy 2 dual-channel OPA627s to get free shipping) is it possible / wise to try out the OPA627 in the headphone opamp section?  Currently have an LM4562 in that opamp slot, which I love, but hey-- its fun to swap these things and play around with it a bit.

So basically, I know that the OPA627 is highly thought of as one of the best opamps for the DAC portion, but has anyone tried (or know if it is safe) using it in the headphone opamp section?

Sep 27, 2011 at 6:01 AM Post #457 of 783

Quote:
Guys, can you install a subwoofer directly through RCA cables to the Maverick D1? I didn't see any SUB out on the device.

Not sure if this will answer your question but I think I understand it, I have the tube out going to 5.1 front inputs on my receiver so I bypass the receiver's dacs and since my receiver only has a low freq output to the sub (one rca cable to the sub) I have spliced the left and right output of the SS together to input to the receiver's LFE input.  I'm sure you could use just the left or right and be fine though.  Or if your sub has left and right inputs your in like flinn. One of the benifits of having two outputs, a mini pre-amp.

Hope this helps.

Sep 27, 2011 at 10:40 AM Post #458 of 783

Quote:
Not sure if this will answer your question but I think I understand it, I have the tube out going to 5.1 front inputs on my receiver so I bypass the receiver's dacs and since my receiver only has a low freq output to the sub (one rca cable to the sub) I have spliced the left and right output of the SS together to input to the receiver's LFE input.  I'm sure you could use just the left or right and be fine though.  Or if your sub has left and right inputs your in like flinn. One of the benifits of having two outputs, a mini pre-amp.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the help!
Though since i´m pretty nooby i don´t understand everything about it:S
My problem is that i want to connect my record player (which has 2 rca cables hanging out so i have to connect those to the analog inputs) and i want to connect my laptop which i'll have to connect through the USB. 
So i got 2 receivers, my record player and my Laptop (if those are actually receivers, wasn't to sure about what a receiver was :S) and i wanted this Maverick D1 just to connect my speakers and my subwoofer to the D1 and be able to use both my laptop and record player on it. 
So would you have any idea on  how to do that?

Some information:
I got a canton passive subwoofer with a left and right low level input.
and no speakers so far.

Sep 27, 2011 at 10:55 AM Post #459 of 783

Quote:
So i got 2 receivers, my record player and my Laptop (if those are actually receivers, wasn't to sure about what a receiver was :S) and i wanted this Maverick D1 just to connect my speakers and my subwoofer to the D1 and be able to use both my laptop and record player on it. 
So would you have any idea on  how to do that?

Some information:
I got a canton passive subwoofer with a left and right low level input.
and no speakers so far.

Record player and laptop are not receivers. They are simply equipments that plays your recordings, aka audio player.

Maverick D1 is designed to be hooked up to an amplifier (be it speaker or headphone)

If you are running on passive speakers and subwoofer, you will need an amplifier to power them. There is no way you can hook an RCA cable to a passive speaker/subwoofer.

Sep 27, 2011 at 11:50 AM Post #460 of 783

Quote:

Record player and laptop are not receivers. They are simply equipments that plays your recordings, aka audio player.

Maverick D1 is designed to be hooked up to an amplifier (be it speaker or headphone)

If you are running on passive speakers and subwoofer, you will need an amplifier to power them. There is no way you can hook an RCA cable to a passive speaker/subwoofer.

Owh wait i messed active and passive up, sorry :S.. I've actually got an active subwoofer.. I know this since it says powered subwoofer on the back.. Bleh

Sep 27, 2011 at 12:05 PM Post #462 of 783

Quote:
Owh wait i messed active and passive up, sorry :S.. I've actually got an active subwoofer.. I know this since it says powered subwoofer on the back.. Bleh

Active subs are hooked to either your Amplifier/Receivers or your Active Speakers via an RCA cable.

You don't hook them to a DAC.

Sep 27, 2011 at 4:14 PM Post #464 of 783

Quote:
Active subs are hooked to either your Amplifier/Receivers or your Active Speakers via an RCA cable.

You don't hook them to a DAC.

Btw, you said you only connect active subs to amplifiers instead of DAC's but isnt this both a DAC and a AMP?  (sorry for my ignorance, really trying to learn).
I get how i connect the subwoofer to my set, by connecting it to my active speakers now!

Sep 27, 2011 at 7:29 PM Post #465 of 783

Quote:
Btw, you said you only connect active subs to amplifiers instead of DAC's but isnt this both a DAC and a AMP?  (sorry for my ignorance, really trying to learn).
I get how i connect the subwoofer to my set, by connecting it to my active speakers now!

Haha did you even read what the product is all about before buying it? This is not an amplifier and nowhere is that word ever being mentioned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back