Maverick Audio TubeMagic D1 (DAC/Amp) - Condensed FAQ and Info Thread
Apr 25, 2011 at 1:47 PM Post #319 of 783
You only need to swap the Amp opamp for the headphone out

The DAC opamp is for the Analog out

really? why wouldnt it be effected despite me using it via usb?

Apr 25, 2011 at 1:52 PM Post #320 of 783

(image from startpost, from lameduck)

Okay so when I pick the LM4562 and LT1364 then the LM4562NA/NOPB goes in the socket right/above of the tube (the DAC I presume?) and the LT1364CN8#PBF goes right of that white cable (headphone amp I presume?)?

Apr 25, 2011 at 4:24 PM Post #321 of 783

Quote:

(image from startpost, from lameduck)

Okay so when I pick the LM4562 and LT1364 then the LM4562NA/NOPB goes in the socket right/above of the tube (the DAC I presume?) and the LT1364CN8#PBF goes right of that white cable (headphone amp I presume?)?

They're labeled U5 and U6 on the PCB. U5 is the DAC opamp socket (located closest to the tube). U6 is the amp opamp socket located to the far right on the PCB.

Apr 25, 2011 at 8:22 PM Post #322 of 783
Based on the descriptions I've read here, I think I've come to the conclusion that I wanna buy these two
http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?vendor=0&keywords=LM4562NA%2FNOPB
http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?WT.z_header=search_go〈=en&site=us&keywords=LT1364CN8%23PBF&x=16&y=16

They are the right form factor and everything correct? I'm just not sure about all the sizes and stuff of the Opamps. Also, what is this DC offset thing? Is it an issue with these two specifically or will I just be able to plop em in and forget about them when I'm ready to switch up?

Apr 25, 2011 at 10:48 PM Post #323 of 783

Quote:
Based on the descriptions I've read here, I think I've come to the conclusion that I wanna buy these two
http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?vendor=0&keywords=LM4562NA%2FNOPB
http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?WT.z_header=search_go〈=en&site=us&keywords=LT1364CN8%23PBF&x=16&y=16

They are the right form factor and everything correct? I'm just not sure about all the sizes and stuff of the Opamps. Also, what is this DC offset thing? Is it an issue with these two specifically or will I just be able to plop em in and forget about them when I'm ready to switch up?

Yes, they're the correct form factor.

Not sure about the DC offset you speak of, but I have those 2 as well. Just plop them in and forget.

Apr 25, 2011 at 11:58 PM Post #324 of 783
Are most buying the Mav D1 directly from Maverick's site? Anyone using the D1 with Denon AH-D2000s? I was set to order a PS Audio GCHA but the D1 looks to be a great option at a much lower price.

Bill

Apr 26, 2011 at 1:28 AM Post #325 of 783

Quote:
Yes, they're the correct form factor.

Not sure about the DC offset you speak of, but I have those 2 as well. Just plop them in and forget.

Oh ok, cool. Which one do you like to use with the amp part?

Apr 26, 2011 at 1:43 AM Post #326 of 783
I waited for a deal on eBay. Happened to get it for about $150 shipped and it ended up being a version 3 so I'm pretty happy about that.

I'm very impressed with the audio quality, granted, I didn't experience the stock sound, but with opamps and tubes being as cheap as they are and easy to install I don't think it's really necessary to judge it based on it's stock sound.

I've only tried it with Sennheiser HD555s, AKG K240s, and a random pair of iMetal IEMs, but it sounds great with all of them.

Apr 26, 2011 at 1:47 AM Post #327 of 783

Quote:

Oh ok, cool. Which one do you like to use with the amp part?

LM4562 in the amp section and LT1364 in the DAC section.

I basically copied what Spanky socketed into his so I could skip the stock sound with recommended sound on day one of having the D1, but now I feel like ordering a few opamps and experimenting with the sound. 

Apr 26, 2011 at 2:58 AM Post #328 of 783

Quote:
LM4562 in the amp section and LT1364 in the DAC section.

I basically copied what Spanky socketed into his so I could skip the stock sound with recommended sound on day one of having the D1, but now I feel like ordering a few opamps and experimenting with the sound. 

Ah ok, I think I'll try that out then. I wanted to get another amp before I got another pair of headphones and I'm just glad this one was given to me so I can just spend some money on a few new cans to hook up with it. I'm just glad this thing punches a lot of power so that specifically never ends up being the issue with coupling between it and other cans. Since it was tested with the HD650's apparently so I might get those bad boys.

Apr 26, 2011 at 3:42 AM Post #329 of 783
If you read the first page, the audio routing goes [Out of the DAC > Volume Pot -> Headphone Amp (opamp on the right)] for the Headphone out.

The DAC opamp only gets used as gain stage for the Tube out and the Analog out with or without the Direct Button Enabled.

Quote:
Quote:
You only need to swap the Amp opamp for the headphone out

The DAC opamp is for the Analog out

really? why wouldnt it be effected despite me using it via usb?

Apr 26, 2011 at 3:48 AM Post #330 of 783

Quote:
If you read the first page, the audio routing goes [Out of the DAC > Volume Pot -> Headphone Amp (opamp on the right)] for the Headphone out.

The DAC opamp only gets used as gain stage for the Tube out and the Analog out with or without the Direct Button Enabled.

Yeah, I tried to read that and got confused so I waited for you to post and tell me
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back