Maverick Audio TubeMagic D1 (DAC/Amp) - Condensed FAQ and Info Thread
May 22, 2010 at 7:35 AM Post #121 of 783
I have read this very long thread. Very happy it gives so much information. Here is something I find when checking chinese information site about Xiang Sheng DAC01 and Tube Magic D1.

Here is a person who is selling modified Xiang Sheng (old Maverick Tube Magic D1) with NE5532 OP-AMP, and 6H3n/5670 tube (you can select which tube when you roder your modification).

FInally, he also offers to make interesting modification changes to the earphone output by wiring it through the tube as a buffer. (at bottom of  page  - option 3A/B)

He has also said via email, he can also remove original earphone protection circuit which makes sound even better in his opinion.

When I ask why he makes these modifications, and how sound quality changes - he says original Xiang Sheng design was too bright and forward on earphone output and his modifications make the earphone sounds more mellow, but not lose base or midrange definition. The DAC part he says has better solid bass after tube change and some component change.

Here is site in chinese:

http://goods.ruten.com.tw/item/show?21003156905473#auc

Jun 19, 2010 at 9:18 AM Post #124 of 783
My Maverick D1 was featured in the Polk Audio Room at the Capital Audio Fest.  It was hooked up on Friday evening and not disconnected until the end of the show. It replace an Ayre integrated amplifier and was connected to a CTC BBQ amplifier.  The Pictures on the Capital Audio Fest do not show it but there are pictures on the Polk Audio Forum.

I would link it but I am not computer literate enough to pull it off. 

Scott

Jun 30, 2010 at 4:10 AM Post #129 of 783
I recently got my D1 and it is pretty nice.  I do have one question though. I have the Denon 2000 and the impedance is 25 ohm.  The unit got little warm, not hot.  Im wondering if these were made to drive these Denons, or will it fry the amp?

Jun 30, 2010 at 4:33 AM Post #130 of 783
Its most likely the tube that gets hot, it's normal and non headphone related. Driving 25ohms shouldn't be a problem, it's pretty low so probably you can't turn the volume up much, but I wouldn't worry. Enjoy the DAC, I really like it :wink:

Jun 30, 2010 at 8:10 AM Post #132 of 783
Sorry boss, I'll never do it again :)

Concerning the D1s succeeder, the tube amp: I read on Ryans blog he was going to start taking preorders at the end of this month but I haven't seen anything happening yet. Who's thinking of ordering the tube amp? (hmm, maybe this should go in the normal D1 thread)

Jun 30, 2010 at 4:45 PM Post #133 of 783
I don't think the tube amp is a succeeder, more of a friend :) Anyway, I think the only issue with Ryan and his company is he gets too excited to release a new product and estimates that he'll have it out much sooner than expected :) Not a bad thing though, but we have been waiting patiently for many weeks. I do know that R&D is completely done and that the first production batch is on it's way. Ryan seems really busy lately which I think is a good thing, that means things are happening. I can't imagine it will be much longer. I would be really surprised if pre-orders don't happen in the next 2 weeks.

Jun 30, 2010 at 6:21 PM Post #134 of 783

Quote:
Sorry boss, I'll never do it again :)

Concerning the D1s succeeder, the tube amp: I read on Ryans blog he was going to start taking preorders at the end of this month but I haven't seen anything happening yet. Who's thinking of ordering the tube amp? (hmm, maybe this should go in the normal D1 thread)

I'll probably order one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back