Maverick Audio TubeMagic D1 (DAC/Amp) - Condensed FAQ and Info Thread
Apr 7, 2010 at 9:46 PM Post #91 of 783
Quote:

Originally Posted by _Spanky_ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Assuming you're talking about the amp I mentioned, it's only an amp. I don't want to share too many specs but it's meant to be used with the D1's preamp output. It's not meant to compete with the D1, but rather complement it.

Oh really? that would great, he's practically building a power amplifier that would be perfectly matchable with the the D1. Do you know if it will be released anytime soon?

Apr 7, 2010 at 9:52 PM Post #93 of 783
Quote:

Originally Posted by acvtre /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh really? that would great, he's practically building a power amplifier that would be perfectly matchable with the the D1. Do you know if it will be released anytime soon?

It's a tube amp for headphones and a tube/SS mix power amp that produces 30x2 watts for speakers. He's told me that the pre-production unit is almost done. I asked him about synergy and he said it's a good match. Even has the same case as the D1.

Apr 7, 2010 at 10:03 PM Post #94 of 783
Quote:

It's a tube amp for headphones and a tube/SS mix power amp that produces 30x2 watts for speakers. He's told me that the pre-production unit is almost done. I asked him about synergy and he said it's a good match. Even has the same case as the D1.

Wait, help me understand, maybe I'm too excited...he's going to produce a stuff with the same case as the D1, that has a tube/SS amp (means hybrid?) and a tube headphone amp, in the same case?
How many bucks will it cost?

Apr 7, 2010 at 10:30 PM Post #95 of 783
Yea, hybrid power amp and full tube headphone amp in the same black case (same size and dimensions) as the D1. I'm told that it will cost less than the D1 but don't quote me on that. The beta version needs to be built and ready, then tested, then if any issues are present they will be fixed and then if everything is ok, I think he will start getting a batch produced. I don't know how long that takes though.

Apr 8, 2010 at 11:07 PM Post #97 of 783
Quote:

Assuming you're talking about the amp I mentioned, it's only an amp. I don't want to share too many specs but it's meant to be used with the D1's preamp output. It's not meant to compete with the D1, but rather complement it.

I want more juicy info
wink.gif

Apr 10, 2010 at 3:24 PM Post #99 of 783
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crookshank /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When using he analog input both outputs will work?

yes, both outputs on the back will work at the same time including the front headphone out

Apr 11, 2010 at 6:11 AM Post #100 of 783
I return and I'm in need of anyone's help:

I wish to use my D1's tube pre-out and add a speaker amp into there to power my paradigm atoms (and add a 8'' sub in the future). Any suggestions under $400 (used is perfectly acceptable)?

Apr 11, 2010 at 8:12 PM Post #101 of 783
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mysteek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I return and I'm in need of anyone's help:

I wish to use my D1's tube pre-out and add a speaker amp into there to power my paradigm atoms (and add a 8'' sub in the future). Any suggestions under $400 (used is perfectly acceptable)?

NAD C326BEE, Marantz PM6003, Cambridge Audio 640A, or any good vintages. Don't fall into the dark side (e.g. Sony. Sorry, no offense)!

Apr 11, 2010 at 10:45 PM Post #103 of 783
Quote:

Originally Posted by millerlitescott /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mysteek

Ryan is releasing an amp in the same case as the D1 meant to compliment the D1. It should be available the middle of the month.

Keep an eye out for it.

Scott

news to me, where did u hear about this?

Apr 12, 2010 at 1:00 AM Post #104 of 783
An email from Ryan

Hi Scott,

Your old unit has a "loose" soldering joint. After we fix the
soldering joint, everything is fine with your unit.

The new mini amplifier will come out middle of April.

I am glad that you enjoy using our D1, please do let me know if you
have any further question.

Regards and have a nice day!

Ryan

Apr 13, 2010 at 4:00 AM Post #105 of 783
Sure there's difference, but I change quite a lot of caps, I not sure if you just change certain area (like coupling caps only) how would it sound. Also that depends on how you wish it sound, what area you wish to improve.

Check my mod
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f5/mav...ml#post6550033

Mav

Quote:

Originally Posted by acvtre /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has anyone replaced the caps and noticed any SQ difference?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back