Maverick Audio TubeMagic D1 (DAC/Amp) - Condensed FAQ and Info Thread
Jan 26, 2016 at 9:51 AM Post #751 of 783
I have not had the problem return since, but in case it does, I was thinking about what you just said. By fixing the contacts, do you mean opening up the unit and tightening the inputs?

I just Jean opening up and moving the pins a little with pliers. I know it sounds very generic, but that's what I did. Mostra of mine looked bent.

Feb 5, 2016 at 9:13 PM Post #753 of 783
I am wondering what benefit upgraded op amps provide for this unit. My understanding is that there are two, one for the DAC and one for the headphone out. My question is does the op amp for the DAC provide any benefit when using the tube pre out. Apologies for the specificity of the question. As a new member, this is the only place I can post.

Mar 7, 2016 at 10:14 PM Post #754 of 783
I just Jean opening up and moving the pins a little with pliers. I know it sounds very generic, but that's what I did. Mostra of mine looked bent.

The right-side-sounding-weak problem returned today, but I remembered your post, and I opened up the unit. I didn't notice anything out of place or loose, but I just pushed in every connection that I saw and it worked. :)

Mar 14, 2016 at 7:15 AM Post #755 of 783

The right-side-sounding-weak problem returned today, but I remembered your post, and I opened up the unit. I didn't notice anything out of place or loose, but I just pushed in every connection that I saw and it worked. :)

Hello pwoznic, I am really glad this helped you! I am not, in any way, capable of understanding how a circuit works or the likes, but I have a colleague that worked in the electronics department many years ago. He explained to me that if you have very small solderings, like those white sockets (and there are many of them on the board), you are using a double connection where instead you should have all directly soldered on the board. If there is a really capable solderer that you know and you're not afraid of losing your equipment your should have all those sockets removed and all connections directly soldered. Bye pwoznic

May 14, 2016 at 2:45 AM Post #756 of 783
I bought a used D1+ with upgrades (made in 2015) and connected to the TV. however, it genrates noise whenever I change channels. My new D2 just arrived and it works just fine. Is the D1+ faulty?

Jun 29, 2016 at 5:26 PM Post #759 of 783
  anyone can tell me what tube it is? pic attached.

i purchased the upgrade, but i don't see any GE print on the tube. 

Can you take better picture from the sides? Removing it from the socket would help to get better pics :wink:

Jul 9, 2016 at 9:33 PM Post #760 of 783
Hey guys,

I just got the D1 plus, I connected the unit to my powered desktop speakers via the 'tube out' rca's. However, when I plug my headphones in, the preouts do not mute. Is there a way to get the preouts to mute when headphones are plugged in?

Jul 9, 2016 at 9:47 PM Post #761 of 783
Hey guys,

I just got the D1 plus, I connected the unit to my powered desktop speakers via the 'tube out' rca's. However, when I plug my headphones in, the preouts do not mute. Is there a way to get the preouts to mute when headphones are plugged in?

The best way to have control over your speakers and headphones separately, is something the Schiit SYS. Send the Tube Preamp signal into that, and use that to control your powered speakers.

When I upgraded to the NFB-28, I was very happy to find it had a button on the front to control which output would be playing, and I never had to buy a Schiit SYS. I had to reach around each speaker and power them On and Off by hand, before. Very annoying.

Jul 9, 2016 at 11:04 PM Post #762 of 783
i hear popping sound from d1 plus all the time whenever i change tv channels or chanege sources very annoying. now i bought a emotiva xda-2 to replace it and put it in my 2nd system that i rarely use.

Jan 14, 2017 at 1:16 AM Post #763 of 783
Hi i am planning to buy this dac but i have a few questions. would be happy if someone could help me. I will be using this dac like that

Computer ---------> Maverick Audio tube Magic ------> Luxman Solid State Amplifier ---------> Speakers

My question is about the output of the dac. As the dac uses opamp, will the output stage from the dac,  too powerful enough to damage the input of my amplifier.

Will i be able to use the tube pre amp of the dac with my Amplifier ?

Jan 14, 2017 at 1:50 AM Post #764 of 783
As the dac uses opamp, will the output stage from the dac,  too powerful enough to damage the input of my amplifier.

No. That is the whole point of pre-amp outputs. To go into another amp. The pre-amp outs can go to powered speakers, or an amplifier to drive passive speakers. You are good.

Jan 14, 2017 at 1:56 AM Post #765 of 783
I just got a  look at the back of amp. There is aux 1 and 2, tuner, phono 1 and 2, Rec out deck 1 and rec out deck 2. No pre out available. will not be able to connect a preamp to my amp then. My amplifier is a luxman l85V

Users who are viewing this thread

Back