Maverick Audio TubeMagic D1 (DAC/Amp) - Condensed FAQ and Info Thread
Jan 14, 2017 at 2:24 AM Post #766 of 783
Why can't you plug it into your Aux In?

An amp is meant to take a pre-amp signal. Why do you think they call it pre-amp?

Jan 14, 2017 at 2:44 AM Post #767 of 783
i always thought that pre amps should be connected to pre amp of an amplifier so as to by pass the pre amp built in in the integrated amplifier as aux in accepts a certain level of input. i wanted to know if the output level of the dac will not be too high to be plugged in the aux in of my amp

Jan 14, 2017 at 2:55 AM Post #768 of 783
Preamp is simply un-amped signal. It's Line-Out. Your Luxman can absolutely accept that. It wouldn't be an amp if it couldn't.

Jan 18, 2017 at 12:54 PM Post #770 of 783

Mine just started doing the same thing yesterday (D1 Plus with all upgrades) with my active monitors (headphones are fine).. I tried both the regular outputs and tube outputs. The left channel sounds fine, but the right channel is very quiet all of a sudden (on both regular R and tube R). I just got this thing like 2 weeks ago.

Edit 10/30/15: The problem just went away after a few days of my initial post... not sure why but I hope it doesn't return.

My D1 is louder on the left channel. Anything I can do?

For the problem above, please see fix below.
Open the amp w/ Hex screws and screws at the bottom.
Plug in the amp, turn it on.
Plug in source, any cellphone w/ music
Plug in your headphones
Play the music.

Now, behind the volume knob, there is a hole where you can put a hex screw in it.
While holding the hex in place, adjust the volume knob, you'll find that you can adjust the balance L/R of the sound.
Find the right volume balance. :)

When fix, good luck putting the cover back, its a pain. :frowning2:
Let me know if there is an easier way of putting it back. (Front panel, there is a piece of metal jutting that prevents the cover from sitting flush. Ugh!

Feb 3, 2017 at 10:44 AM Post #772 of 783
probably a dumb question, but can i use both outputs simultaneously--i.e. one for the amp and one for a powered sub?

Why don't you run the sub off the amp?

Feb 24, 2017 at 2:21 AM Post #776 of 783
Hey everyone,

I've googled around quite a bit and taken a quick look through this thread, what is the actual rating of the fuse in this thing? Support isn't exactly swift to respond.

btw love this DAC

Apr 3, 2017 at 11:25 AM Post #777 of 783
friends:
my d1, which i'm using as a dac and preamp through the tube preout, has developed a nasty hum. swapping power amps hasn't helped. my guess is there's a problem with the tube preout. so, a simple question (apologies if it's already been answered in this forum): can i use the solid state (normal preout) as a preamp, such that the volume control on the d1 will work?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back