Matching low frequency response on both channels
Sep 13, 2020 at 11:39 AM Post #46 of 50
I'd suggest buying somewhere with a two week no questions asked return policy then.
I notice that the Sennheiser IE 80 S have been discounted , at least on Sennheiser's official website... they have bass adjustment knobs on each side
is there a reason why nobody has brought them up?

Sep 28, 2020 at 8:14 AM Post #47 of 50
I notice that the Sennheiser IE 80 S have been discounted , at least on Sennheiser's official website... they have bass adjustment knobs on each side
is there a reason why nobody has brought them up?

Because they're not very good, especially considering the price. And worse, the bass knobs weren't matched: you had to vary it between L and R accordingly.

Oct 1, 2020 at 9:56 AM Post #48 of 50
Because they're not very good, especially considering the price. And worse, the bass knobs weren't matched: you had to vary it between L and R accordingly.
But that is exactly I want to do, I would like to be able to shift the bass balance to the left or right in order to center it

Oct 1, 2020 at 11:01 AM Post #49 of 50
But that is exactly I want to do, I would like to be able to shift the bass balance to the left or right in order to center it
The bass tuning on my IE80 has small but real impact at some higher frequencies too. Also the bass tuning isn't like a clean EQ. It goes from stupid amount of bass to weird bump centered around 250Hz. you'd still need most likely need some EQ to get a sound you'd enjoy for more than half an hour on occasion when your body calls for a good low freq rumble.
This or a passive circuit are the last solutions I would pick. IMO looking for solutions that give you a nice left/right EQ would be the more precise and convenient. On a computer that shouldn't be too hard. On portable gears that might be more complicated but probably still doable with some android cellphone and the right apps. I'm not up to date on this as I'm still carrying around an old dumb phone I charge once a week. But it could be done like 5 years ago with Viper4android, so I hope we can at least do as much nowadays with newer apps.

Or if like me you want to stick to your DAP for reasons, but that DAP has debilitating EQ options, you could consider finding the right EQ on your PC(magnitude, type of filter in case you somehow also care about phase because you're a space lizard, or other reasons). Then you could have the EQ applied on all the files on your µSD card by converting them. I did something like that for years to get proper EQ and some crossfeed on my DAPs. At the time I used Foobar to convert everything with the DSPs I wanted applied to the tracks. Obviously that meant having one such SD card for each IEM, so it's not the best solution(+it excludes streaming music), but it's A solution where you can fine tune the sound you want.

Oct 4, 2020 at 8:22 AM Post #50 of 50
so can any of you go to a radio station like www.sub.fm , www.bassport.fm or www.bassdrive.com , and give the music there a quick listen
if they happen to be playing something bass heavy, can you hear if your own headphones, earphones or IEM's have perfectly centered bass?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back