Master & Dynamic MW60 Impressions Thread
Mar 25, 2020 at 10:26 AM Post #61 of 82
I just bough the MW60 for the stunning 150 euro price. They sound a bit bass heavy compared to my B&W PX but nothing annoying, so so far i truly like them.

One question, anyone here has these headphones and a android phone? When i use the volume buttons on the headphonse it lowers or raises the volume but not on my phone. I looks like it has a internal volume or something. With my PX i adjusted the bluetooth volume on my phone.

So can someone test if they can change the phone's volume with their MW60.

What color you get? I wanted the black and gunmetal was sold out so got black on black. Scheduled to arrive Friday .

How is overall sound and comfort as well as isolation

Mar 25, 2020 at 10:34 AM Post #62 of 82
What color you get? I wanted the black and gunmetal was sold out so got black on black. Scheduled to arrive Friday .

How is overall sound and comfort as well as isolation
I had the same thing with the color, wanted gun metal and ended with black. And i am really happy with the black one it look stunning. Even compared to the great looking B&W PX.

Soundwise i have to get used to the bass(there is more then on the PX) Comfort is really great for me and isolation is great aswell. I think they are a bargain for the 150 euro, now just fix this annoying volume thing. Let me know if u will enojoy them like i do.

I tested them on my daughters Xiaomi pocophone and there they work as it should volume and aptx. So it must be my LG G8s. Fixed it with renaming the bluetooth name to ABS-DO-ENABLE _NOAAC. So now it uses aptx and my volume media control sync is working.

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2020 at 7:18 PM Post #63 of 82
Oh well these are going back. Love the look but they are way too loose on me. I ordered the mw50 at same time. The mw50 by comparison have a tight clamp and fit. Something in between would be better. Sound wise I prefer the mw60. More like my p7 wireless but with better kids and less harsh highs.

Mw50 are much louder with louder lower midrange at expense of the treble. Wonder if I can buy the mw50+ ear cups for over ear to use on the mw50.

Apr 1, 2020 at 12:36 AM Post #65 of 82
Oh well these are going back. Love the look but they are way too loose on me. I ordered the mw50 at same time. The mw50 by comparison have a tight clamp and fit. Something in between would be better. Sound wise I prefer the mw60. More like my p7 wireless but with better kids and less harsh highs.

Mw50 are much louder with louder lower midrange at expense of the treble. Wonder if I can buy the mw50+ ear cups for over ear to use on the mw50.

yes, you can use the MW50+ over-ear pads, which M&D indeed does sell for about $49 a pair on their web site directly, with the MW50, at least according to that very questioned answered by M&D directly to this question on Amaon.

Apr 7, 2020 at 8:06 PM Post #67 of 82
I made a full in-depth review about the new Master & Dynamic MW65 Headphones. I am going to also make a separate reviews page on Head-Fi and post my review there in the following couple hours! :)

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2020/04/master-dynamic-mw07-tws-and-mw65-anc-headphones.html

Master-Dynamic-MW-65-Bluetooth-APT-X-Headphones-Portable-Google-Assistant-Audiophile-Heaven-Review-14.jpg

Apr 8, 2020 at 12:33 PM Post #68 of 82
I made a full in-depth review about the new Master & Dynamic MW65 Headphones. I am going to also make a separate reviews page on Head-Fi and post my review there in the following couple hours! :)

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2020/04/master-dynamic-mw07-tws-and-mw65-anc-headphones.html
Wow, what an extensive review via your link! I particularly liked your comparisons of the MW65 to other headphones. Any chance you can compare these with the B&W P7’s?

Apr 8, 2020 at 12:49 PM Post #69 of 82
I actually have found one kind of major problem with the mw65s and I wonder if anyone else is experiencing it. When I walk with them on I experience a very low pitch thud sound inside the cups. This happens with ANC on and off. It's like every step is reverberating in my ears. I didn't experience this with my Panasonic over ear headphones and used to walk long distances with them.

Apr 9, 2020 at 9:09 PM Post #70 of 82
I actually have found one kind of major problem with the mw65s and I wonder if anyone else is experiencing it. When I walk with them on I experience a very low pitch thud sound inside the cups. This happens with ANC on and off. It's like every step is reverberating in my ears. I didn't experience this with my Panasonic over ear headphones and used to walk long distances with them.

I haven't noticed this. Maybe you should ask for warranty?

Does it happen in both cups?

Wow, what an extensive review via your link! I particularly liked your comparisons of the MW65 to other headphones. Any chance you can compare these with the B&W P7’s?

Thank you very much for your kind words!

I haven't really heard B&W P7, but I will do my best to hear one and come back with impressions abotu how the two compare!

Hope you have a lovely week ahead!

May 4, 2020 at 3:13 AM Post #71 of 82
Hello fellow MW60 owners! (This is mostly a copy of my post to the introduction thread. Posting again here as that's where it seems to be long.)

In my MW60, the right driver has kept failing intermittently for a couple of weeks before finally shutting down for good about half a year ago. Given that they'd been long out of warranty, I took them apart–quite a pleasure, which can't be said of most modern electronics devices–and found that the copper-enameled wire (very small ... something like a 33-gauge perhaps) leading into and through (?) the membrane has broken off right at the point of entrance. Basically there's no way to get enough wire out of the membrane to be able to remove the enamel and solder it back together again. So I contacted M&D asking for a replacement driver. Not even an answer, which I'm a little sad about..

Perhaps somebody here knows how such a driver can be sourced (a friend mentioned that AliExpress can be an option if you know what to look for). If it helps, it's probably the same one as in the MH40, perhaps also the MW50+. Unfortately there seem to be no markings of any kind on the driver. Any hints or pointers appreciated!

May 4, 2020 at 3:06 PM Post #72 of 82
For those wondering if the "old" model MW-60 is worth it, I thought I'd follow-up regarding my recent purchase. One of the few pleasures of this awful Pandemic is that I've been diving deep into my music collection, as well as finally giving TIDAL a try. I'm glad I did!

I've been enjoying my second pair of the MW-60. I had previously rotated them out of my headphone collection. But, at the sale price of $149.00 I could not resist giving them another try.

Now that I have them I am glad I did grab another pair. Color selections at the M&W site a few weeks ago were limited. I have to admit I do like the Olive/Black colors together, very nice looking. A nice change from the usual black/silver. I might add that on my head they are comfortable, though I wish the headband was a little fatter for long sessions.

One other thing, the mobile carry case is a bit minimal for may tastes. I wish they would off an upgrade. The headphones do fold down to a nice compact size.

I'm using them for music of course, but I do enjoy watching movies and using them for the audio. Yes, there is a slight bass emphasis. But I like to rotate my headphones depending on my mood. I'm no bass head. But, sometimes that little extra bass, "Is just what the Doctor ordered." :gs1000smile:

I'm wondering if I should pop for a decent cable for use with my desktop amp/DAC? Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Of course there are cables out there that cost more than the sale price of the headphones :deadhorse: I've been looking a Cardas. What do you all think?

Are you "Green with Envy" :wink:
IMG_2410.jpeg

Last edited:
May 4, 2020 at 9:23 PM Post #73 of 82

Yes, the pair I had did exactly the same thing and I returned them for that reason. I didn't notice it for about a week because up until that time I had always been sitting. It was a bit of a shame because I really liked how they sounded otherwise.

May 5, 2020 at 6:39 AM Post #74 of 82
I'm wondering if I should pop for a decent cable for use with my desktop amp/DAC? Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Of course there are cables out there that cost more than the sale price of the headphones :deadhorse: I've been looking a Cardas. What do you all think?

Be very careful with any cable more expensive than a dozen bucks (for this kind of diameter and 2-ish meters of length). Just make sure you don't buy anything so crappy that it might break quickly, i.e. anything without a brand name on it and cheaper than a can of coke and a slice of pizza isn't worth the money. As long as there's actual copper in the cable and some antirust coating on the connectors it'll be fine. The isolation comes down to personal taste, of course, and I do like the textile covering of the cables the MW60 came with.

Definitely a little jealous of your colour combination there (and, of course, of the fact that yours have both the left and the right side actually working!) :p

May 6, 2020 at 3:12 PM Post #75 of 82
Thanks for the recommendations, and cautions. I guess it is time for an Amazon online visit.

I've got a large, kidney shaped computer with three monitors, and the amp. and DAC are off to the left on their own stand. So I need at least 4 ft. Maybe I should re-arrange my equipment and bring the amp. and DAC closer. I'll post a picture if I re-jigger the set-up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back