Master & Dynamic MW60 Impressions Thread
Dec 18, 2019 at 9:31 AM Post #46 of 82
I've purchased MW60 2 weeks ago. When I've opened the package, there was heavy rust and oxidation on the connector of the cables. It must have been exposed to really high humidity/moisture.
I've contacted them, asking for replacement. First they offered me to change only the cables. Obviously I wanted a full replacement, as probably the headphone itself was also exposed to the same moisture. Even if it was working currently, I wouldn't trust in its longetivity.
They've provided shipping label for return. It was picked up last Thursday. They promised to ship the replacement on Friday. Now it is Wednesday, and it is still not dispatched.
I've asked them to replace it with other color, I think it is not a big question after this experience. They denied it, with various excuses.
Now I'm still waiting for them to ship the replacement, but I'm really disappointed in both their product quality, both their customer support. I'll never buy again anything from this company.

24_img_20191207_183722.jpg

24_img_20191207_193207.jpg

Dec 20, 2019 at 8:01 AM Post #47 of 82
I've purchased MW60 2 weeks ago. When I've opened the package, there was heavy rust and oxidation on the connector of the cables. It must have been exposed to really high humidity/moisture.
I've contacted them, asking for replacement. First they offered me to change only the cables. Obviously I wanted a full replacement, as probably the headphone itself was also exposed to the same moisture. Even if it was working currently, I wouldn't trust in its longetivity.
They've provided shipping label for return. It was picked up last Thursday. They promised to ship the replacement on Friday. Now it is Wednesday, and it is still not dispatched.
I've asked them to replace it with other color, I think it is not a big question after this experience. They denied it, with various excuses.
Now I'm still waiting for them to ship the replacement, but I'm really disappointed in both their product quality, both their customer support. I'll never buy again anything from this company.

24_img_20191207_183722.jpg

24_img_20191207_193207.jpg

May be they are quite backed up because it is Christmas and most shipping companies don't even pick up or deliver so well right now. Saying this because the situation is similar in Romania and most packages are delayed right now.

Dec 25, 2019 at 4:58 AM Post #48 of 82
May be they are quite backed up because it is Christmas and most shipping companies don't even pick up or deliver so well right now. Saying this because the situation is similar in Romania and most packages are delayed right now.

They could have told me that, if that were the situation...
Finally they've dispatched it a week later, compared to what they first wrote me. I'm not at home, so I'll get it only tomorrow...

Dec 30, 2019 at 5:30 AM Post #51 of 82
Well, this is wild. Maybe it is an entire batch that is affected (?)

Yes, it looks like their shipment/warehouse had some water damage. :frowning2:
Its a pity they are still selling and shipping these damaged units.

I've asked them now, to replace it with other color, hoping for the best.
(Maybe I'd be better with a refund and different brand?)

Dec 31, 2019 at 7:09 AM Post #52 of 82
Yes, it looks like their shipment/warehouse had some water damage. :frowning2:
Its a pity they are still selling and shipping these damaged units.

I've asked them now, to replace it with other color, hoping for the best.
(Maybe I'd be better with a refund and different brand?)

Who are you buying these headphones from?

Mar 3, 2020 at 4:09 PM Post #55 of 82
Well, I was intrigued enough so I picked up the MW65 at my local Best Buy store to test them out and compare them to my MW60. I don't have a Bluetooth scanner but from what I hear they sound like they are using AAC. The sound quality is good and I don't hear that roughness evident in SBC. So if you are interested in these headphones but are hesitant because they don't list AAC explicitly as a feature I would not worry about that.

Hey, I was wondering about the cup size differences on these. I don't have the ability to try them for myself, but I heard the MW65's ear cups are on the small side - almost like over ear headphones. How true is that? From speaking to some sellers over email it seems like the opening of the MW60's cups are 3.5"x 2" and the MW65's are only 2"x 1.2". The later seems really small.

Mar 3, 2020 at 8:09 PM Post #56 of 82
Hey, I was wondering about the cup size differences on these. I don't have the ability to try them for myself, but I heard the MW65's ear cups are on the small side - almost like over ear headphones. How true is that? From speaking to some sellers over email it seems like the opening of the MW60's cups are 3.5"x 2" and the MW65's are only 2"x 1.2". The later seems really small.
I have the MW60 and tested out the MW65 at Best Buy. The MW65 seemed to have about the same sized opening, it just felt a little shallower than the MW60. I think both are about the same size in terms of opening.

Mar 9, 2020 at 4:33 PM Post #57 of 82
I have the MW60 and tested out the MW65 at Best Buy. The MW65 seemed to have about the same sized opening, it just felt a little shallower than the MW60. I think both are about the same size in terms of opening.
Thanks. I got the correct measurements on these of about 1.5"x2.5". I got them and they fit quite well. I have to say, though, that I while I don't regret the purchase as I needed wireless cans and the noise cancellation is a nice perk, they don't sound that markably different in quality than my $50 Panasonic RP-HTX80s. Certainly more comfortable and prettier, but certainly not $300 better sounding.

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2020 at 5:24 PM Post #58 of 82
Thanks. I got the correct measurements on these of about 1.5"x2.5". I got them and they fit quite well. I have to say, though, that I while I don't regret the purchase as I needed wireless cans and the noice cancellation is a nice perk, they don't sound that markably different in quality than my $50 Panasonic RP-HTX80s. Certainly more comfortable and prettier, but certainly not $300 better sounding.
Yeah, they are just OK in terms of SQ. For example, I picked up the MH40 Wireless, which I basically thought would be a wireless version of the MH40...wrong. It has a decidedly different sound signature, which is fairly cold and and overall boring. It's almost as if someone decided to tune them like studio monitors, which makes no sense, given any actual monitoring will be done wired. I love the MH40 with their 45mm drivers, but I don't like the MH40 Wireless with its supposed superior Beryllium 40mm drivers.

While I'm sure the MH40 Wireless will sell, generally, the market segment is seemingly limited to hipsters with only Airpods as a reference.

Mar 23, 2020 at 1:31 AM Post #59 of 82
Hey there reviving this thread. There was a sale that ended tonight on these headphones on Master & Dynamic site and might still be going on on Amazon.
Cost me 150$ USD for new pair.
The mw50 see 125$. Bought 1 of each.

Mar 25, 2020 at 9:44 AM Post #60 of 82
I just bough the MW60 for the stunning 150 euro price. They sound a bit bass heavy compared to my B&W PX but nothing annoying, so so far i truly like them.

One question, anyone here has these headphones and a android phone? When i use the volume buttons on the headphonse it lowers or raises the volume but not on my phone. I looks like it has a internal volume or something. With my PX i adjusted the bluetooth volume on my phone.

So can someone test if they can change the phone's volume with their MW60.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back