Master & Dynamic MH40 Over Ear Headphone
Aug 26, 2014 at 12:05 AM Post #61 of 624
Abandoning buying impulses until I find out about this blue mo fi. Om goodness it blows this away in looks. However i am still eager to hear it.

LOL!
I just posted on Jude's video thread... I was just about done trying out headphones... guess I have a new one on my sights... lol!

Aug 26, 2014 at 12:35 AM Post #62 of 624
Yeah bro just when I thought these may be what i need the mo fis caught my eye. These wont look so goofy in public though and imo look really nice! I want the black pair. Ultimately what I am looking for is a headphone that has good mids, decent bass impact, smooth highs, solid construction, and low leakage so I can practice on the mic ropjone and learn how to sing without ear fatigue all the while being able to enjoy the music. This focal spirit pro im afraid wont last long. These m&h 40's seem like they will get reallllly close to ideal but Those mo fis just made my jaw drop though.

Aug 26, 2014 at 1:36 PM Post #63 of 624
Are you saying that you think the Mo Fi will look better in public or am I not understanding you? I look at the Mo Fi and it looks like a medical device used to perform laser guided neurosurgery procedures! IMO the MH40 is way better looking. In the end the sound is most important, but I couldn't imagine wearing the Mo fi in public. Hell I sold my NAD HP50 because they were so outlandish looking for public use. Couldn't get past feeling that I was being stared at, and not in a good way. Maybe I'm just shallow?

Aug 26, 2014 at 2:12 PM Post #64 of 624
  Are you saying that you think the Mo Fi will look better in public or am I not understanding you? I look at the Mo Fi and it looks like a medical device used to perform laser guided neurosurgery procedures! IMO the MH40 is way better looking. In the end the sound is most important, but I couldn't imagine wearing the Mo fi in public. Hell I sold my NAD HP50 because they were so outlandish looking for public use. Couldn't get past feeling that I was being stared at, and not in a good way. Maybe I'm just shallow?

LMAO!  They are definitely an acquired taste based on what little I have seen of them.

One thing I can't argue are the looks of the MH40's....they are stunners.

biggrin.gif

HS

Aug 26, 2014 at 3:26 PM Post #65 of 624

To quote myself:
"These wont look so goofy in public though and imo look really nice! I want the black pair" These means the headphone of this thread the MH40.

The Mo Fi's at a first look IMO look a lot more captivating but I wouldnt want to wear them in public.

Actually I am back on board with these and dont really care about the mo fi as much because I realize that I wont be able to tote them around everywhere without looking like an idiot. Also I expect these to sound better. I know Jude expressed he was happy with the sound of the MoFI but his facial expression changed once he got to that portion of the video. With the Alpha Dog he was fully excited through the whole thing. I am also apprehensive about a headphone with a built in amp. I think I am going for these(M&D MH40's) and the philips x2 next. I have checked out of the 400i for now as well. 

I will admit that no other headphone has shocked me as much as the mo-fi with its jaw drop powers.

Aug 26, 2014 at 4:09 PM Post #66 of 624
I wonder why there are very few impressions about the MH40 sound? I am very tempted based on just how damn good looking they are to get a set (which I don't need at all). Anyway, glad to hear that the Mo-fi wasn't what you thought were good looking cans! @HS, I think you would really need an acquired taste to get the Mo-fi for public use, you would need to be pretty damn secure to wear those bad boys around. Each to their own right?

Aug 26, 2014 at 8:09 PM Post #67 of 624
Absolutely to each their own.  Audio is all about making one's self happy IMO, especially personalized/portable audio like cans.  Nothing wrong with getting one's freak on in public...

biggrin.gif

HS

Aug 26, 2014 at 8:42 PM Post #68 of 624
  I wonder why there are very few impressions about the MH40 sound? I am very tempted based on just how damn good looking they are to get a set (which I don't need at all). Anyway, glad to hear that the Mo-fi wasn't what you thought were good looking cans! @HS, I think you would really need an acquired taste to get the Mo-fi for public use, you would need to be pretty damn secure to wear those bad boys around. Each to their own right?

I don't think too many people own these yet... so it might take a while...

Aug 26, 2014 at 8:54 PM Post #69 of 624
Oh... and I almost forgot...

http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-300ish-headphone/

:wink:

They seem to prefer the PSB M4U 1 (which I also had long ago) and, it's Ok... they probably prefer a more "neutral" (read, not bass boosted) sound sig which is what the PSBs provide...

Aug 27, 2014 at 9:14 AM Post #70 of 624
  Oh... and I almost forgot...

http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-300ish-headphone/

:wink:

They seem to prefer the PSB M4U 1 (which I also had long ago) and, it's Ok... they probably prefer a more "neutral" (read, not bass boosted) sound sig which is what the PSBs provide...

Thanks brother, I don't mind a little bass boost, as long as it doesn't obscure detail much. Cheers.

Aug 27, 2014 at 7:16 PM Post #71 of 624
Yeah, it's between these and the Mo-Fi's here too. I live in Sweden so I probably wont get to try any of them on though. 
I have a pretty small head, I wear the V-Moda M100's on the smallest settings and I still need to use a little cloth between my head and the headband to lift them up a few millimetres. Would one of you that have tried both say that I would have the same problem or even more with these? Because that would unfortunately rule them out for me.

Aug 27, 2014 at 8:55 PM Post #72 of 624
  Yeah, it's between these and the Mo-Fi's here too. I live in Sweden so I probably wont get to try any of them on though. 
I have a pretty small head, I wear the V-Moda M100's on the smallest settings and I still need to use a little cloth between my head and the headband to lift them up a few millimetres. Would one of you that have tried both say that I would have the same problem or even more with these? Because that would unfortunately rule them out for me.

You'll just have to get a bigger head I'm afraid
biggrin.gif

Aug 27, 2014 at 9:42 PM Post #74 of 624
  Does that mean these are bigger on the smallest setting than the M100's or are you just messing around? 
frown.gif

Sorry, I was messing around, didn't mean to get your hopes up. My bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back