Master & Dynamic MH40 Over Ear Headphone
Aug 27, 2014 at 9:53 PM Post #76 of 624
  Haha, more like hopes DOWN, since I thought you were being serious, all good though, no harm done. :)

If it makes up for it, I sell MullToa composting toilets from Sweden in my little shop. Giving up some love for Sweden! Plus being an Ottawa Senator fan been watching Alfredson for many years (stupid Ottawa for letting him go, such a bad move). Just last week somebody from the Swedish embassy was in the shop and we were talking at length about many interesting things. Totally have to visit Sweden before too long (yes I can't lie the beautiful ladies is one motivating factor!)

Aug 27, 2014 at 11:08 PM Post #77 of 624

If it makes up for it, I sell MullToa composting toilets from Sweden in my little shop. Giving up some love for Sweden! Plus being an Ottawa Senator fan been watching Alfredson for many years (stupid Ottawa for letting him go, such a bad move). Just last week somebody from the Swedish embassy was in the shop and we were talking at length about many interesting things. Totally have to visit Sweden before too long (yes I can't lie the beautiful ladies is one motivating factor!)

Kudos then! 
k701smile.gif
 It's so scary ordering headphones off the internet from my position though, I can't have AKG for example, but Sennheiser is fine. That's why I'm asking. These must be the prettiest headphones I've ever seen. Will be looking forward to hearing more on the sound when a couple of more reviews start rolling out. 

Aug 27, 2014 at 11:54 PM Post #78 of 624
  Kudos then! 
k701smile.gif
 It's so scary ordering headphones off the internet from my position though, I can't have AKG for example, but Sennheiser is fine. That's why I'm asking. These must be the prettiest headphones I've ever seen. Will be looking forward to hearing more on the sound when a couple of more reviews start rolling out. 

Waiting for more reviews is a good plan.  If these cans prove to sound as good as they look, we'll see it here.  If not, then maybe you can pickup a used set on the cheap....

biggrin.gif

HS

Aug 28, 2014 at 6:36 PM Post #79 of 624

I believe I mentioned it before, the ear cups are not super big and if you have big ears, it would probably not feel fun at all. For example, I hated the m100s (never tried the XL cushions) but I don't have any problems with the MH40s (if that tells you anything...). Not sure if M&D will come up with new cushions (maybe?! I mean, the are easily removable so... who knows...) but don't count on that just in case.

Since you mentioned the M100's, how do these compare to them? (Both size and sound if you don't mind.) :)

Aug 28, 2014 at 6:55 PM Post #80 of 624
Does anyone have anymore questions they want to ask about these? I'm talking to a couple of people at M&D and they're very responsive and would love to answer more. (gelocks, they answered your questions a while back. I totally forgot to tell you, sorry! I'll post their answers in my review, but I can PM them to you if you want)

Aug 28, 2014 at 8:56 PM Post #81 of 624
So I ended up ordering the mh40 in black and they showed up today. I gotta say as far as form factor, looks, comfort. And premium feel goes. I absolutely love them! And of course, the sound is great too.

I'm a design junkie (I do software engineering and User interface design) and its obvious that these headphones were well designed and not just put together. Everything has a purpose.

They fit great, sound great, and look great. What more can you ask for?

Aug 28, 2014 at 10:07 PM Post #82 of 624
@yohaq Nice, hope you get a chance to let us know a little more about the sound.

Aug 28, 2014 at 11:02 PM Post #84 of 624
Honestly I'm not really that tuned to be able to give you much more details. I wish my ears were sensitive enough or trained enough to do so

You don't have to have special training or anything. If you have another pair of headphones for reference, even something like the Apple iBuds, a simple comparison between the two would be helpful.

Aug 28, 2014 at 11:07 PM Post #85 of 624
  You don't have to have special training or anything. If you have another pair of headphones for reference, even something like the Apple iBuds, a simple comparison between the two would be helpful.

I have the following currently on my desk

V-moda Vibrato
V-moda Crossfade LP
V-moda m-100
Bowers and Wilkins p7
Master and Dynamic mh40

Ill try to do a comparison and get it up here this weekend. After that the p7 and the m-100 are getting returned in favor of the mh40

Aug 28, 2014 at 11:12 PM Post #86 of 624
I'll have a review of these up eventually (probably within the next month, depending on the publishing schedule). If you want to know what these sound like, gelocks basically has it. I think they're slightly warm, but there's a bit of weirdness in the mids that keeps me from using them exclusively.

Aug 28, 2014 at 11:22 PM Post #87 of 624
I have the following currently on my desk

V-moda Vibrato
V-moda Crossfade LP
V-moda m-100
Bowers and Wilkins p7
Master and Dynamic mh40

Ill try to do a comparison and get it up here this weekend. After that the p7 and the m-100 are getting returned in favor of the mh40

That's perfect. That's exactly what some people needed to hear.

Aug 29, 2014 at 5:37 AM Post #88 of 624
Can you please ask them when the mh30s will be available. And how do the 2 models compare sound wise?

Thanks.

Does anyone have anymore questions they want to ask about these? I'm talking to a couple of people at M&D and they're very responsive and would love to answer more. (gelocks, they answered your questions a while back. I totally forgot to tell you, sorry! I'll post their answers in my review, but I can PM them to you if you want)

Aug 29, 2014 at 9:46 AM Post #89 of 624
Sure! Since that's less of a technical thing, I'm sure they'll let me post that here.

Aug 30, 2014 at 2:18 AM Post #90 of 624
listening to gelocks pair...

first impressions
- sounstage is average in width but has a little height to it.
- bass is tight and a little boosted in a very good way
- mids are not recessed but full
- highs are a little boosted but not much
- leakage is not too bad
- very rich sounding headphones

Okay so I probably dont need to post this early.... but I have never heard a headphone where everything sounds slightly boosted. Wouldn't that put it back to flat? I dont know. It makes my Focal Spirit Professional sound thin and I have never felt that way before. I also thought because of that it would have less detail than the focal but when doing a quick check for that it was the opposite and makes me really glad I have sold the Focal which will ship tomorrow. 

Its also less sibilant than I thought and has a very rich sound with full everything and a roundness to the notes without loss of detail. I want one but I don't know if its my solution for tracking because the leakage compared to the focal spirit pro is night and day. Its nothing like beats or something in leakage though.

Very good tones but I am needing to check for graininess.  pretty smooth

Honestly if I werent looking for a tracking replacement to my pro I wouldnt even try and look elsewhere because the build is also metal everywhere and the mids sound sweat. My wife says they are ugly but my friends say they look really nice and I agree. I would go for the black personally.

A better sounding closed back under 500 cant come to mind at the moment. Maybe more listening will reveal one or two if that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back