Master Clock Talk
May 23, 2023 at 9:59 AM Post #1,936 of 3,353
Did you run a magnet over the connector on that cable?

I'm willing to bet at least the knurled ring on that connector is steel if not the whole thing.
I am willing to try to please you :wink:
but do you think that a manufacturer of antenna cables with A++ shielded products (105db) used in radio, communications, laboratories, military uses would specially manufacture connectors to add interference? And in addition, they would test every cable to provide an ISO 9001 report instead of taking Chinese 50cc connectors ? The connectors are in contact with the first shielding envelope.
https://messi.it/dati/immagini/CBNCBROAD50-M-50-Ohm-BNC-for-103mm-cabAll1_EN.pdf

May 23, 2023 at 3:18 PM Post #1,937 of 3,353
but do you think that a manufacturer of antenna cables with A++ shielded products (105db) used in radio, communications, laboratories, military uses would specially manufacture connectors to add interference? And in addition, they would test every cable to provide an ISO 9001 report instead of taking Chinese 50cc connectors ? The connectors are in contact with the first shielding envelope.
https://messi.it/dati/immagini/CBNCBROAD50-M-50-Ohm-BNC-for-103mm-cabAll1_EN.pdf
I'm loving my Messi's for both build quality and sonics.

The Messi smaller Hyperflex 5 BNC connectors are really beautiful and the cable is easy to work with.

May 23, 2023 at 5:40 PM Post #1,938 of 3,353
The Afterdark Constellation Giesemann X1 Ethernet adapter, has without a doubt elevated the overall quality. Im using this cheap BNC/75Ohm one until the Trico arrives but I might cancel the order, I actually like sound so far.

https://magnahifi.com/audio-gd-digital-spdif-coax-interlink-bnc-1m/

I have bridged the pcie card and running NAS into it together with WAN side.

Sound is bolder punchy, a little more emphasized in the whole spectrum. Like more up front. The initial experience is definitely a recommendation for this PCIe card.

But importantly powered by LHY LPSU80VA with upgraded cables(Oyaide 2.1 + Cardas Golden ratio 4 core)

___

Warning! This card wont work without master clock! - Like it wont at all no lights what so ever. I had a little talk with afterdark about future changes I hope will upgrade it further, because I like this card very much.

May 23, 2023 at 7:12 PM Post #1,939 of 3,353
Don't really care about the standards, ask people what the lmr400 standard "professional" cable sounds like compared to the non standard HT digital iii copper cable.

Means nothing in terms of audio quality.

So have you run a magnet over the connector of this mil spec, A++ shielded product (105db) used in radio, comms, labs, etc?

I think someone already mentioned the messi cable sounded like crap compared to the HT cable.

May 23, 2023 at 8:41 PM Post #1,940 of 3,353
Don't really care about the standards, ask people what the lmr400 standard "professional" cable sounds like compared to the non standard HT digital iii copper cable.

Means nothing in terms of audio quality.

So have you run a magnet over the connector of this mil spec, A++ shielded product (105db) used in radio, comms, labs, etc?

I think someone already mentioned the messi cable sounded like crap compared to the HT cable.
Lol. Sounds like an imaginary person created for the purposes of winning internet arguments, but OK.

May 23, 2023 at 9:18 PM Post #1,941 of 3,353
Lol. Sounds like an imaginary person created for the purposes of winning internet arguments, but OK.
Perhaps to you. I'm not sure sure what argument you're referring to, I just asked a simple question. Is the connector on the messi cable magnetic? Judging by your defensive response, I'll just assume it is.

I only care about which cable offers the best audio quality for the money, I'm not a brand fanboy, I don't care if its mil spec, used in labs or radio, don't care how pretty or flexible it is or anything else.

If zaurux says the messi cable sounds better than a $500 clock cable, ok....which one?

If you like it, congrats, if you're trying to convince me thats it better than X, not convinced with a pdf file that shows how to terminate a bnc and no details on the specs.

In any case, I've lost what little interest I had in the messi cable. Lets move on shall we.

Testing out this faraday tape over the copper tape. It seems to improve things a little bit further but its marginal, I'll listen for a few days with it and remove it once my ears are adjusted to it to see what the difference is or if its just in my head.

20230523_200950.JPG

May 23, 2023 at 9:43 PM Post #1,942 of 3,353
Perhaps to you. I'm not sure sure what argument you're referring to, I just asked a simple question. Is the connector on the messi cable magnetic? Judging by your defensive response, I'll just assume it is.

I only care about which cable offers the best audio quality for the money, I'm not a brand fanboy, I don't care if its mil spec, used in labs or radio, don't care how pretty or flexible it is or anything else.

If zaurux says the messi cable sounds better than a $500 clock cable, ok....which one?

If you like it, congrats, if you're trying to convince me thats it better than X, not convinced with a pdf file that shows how to terminate a bnc and no details on the specs.

In any case, I've lost what little interest I had in the messi cable. Lets move on shall we.

Testing out this faraday tape over the copper tape. It seems to improve things a little bit further but its marginal, I'll listen for a few days with it and remove it once my ears are adjusted to it to see what the difference is or if its just in my head.

20230523_200950.JPG
I think that you should try to cover the junction connectors with the cooper/faraday tape.

May 23, 2023 at 10:09 PM Post #1,943 of 3,353
I think that you should try to cover the junction connectors with the cooper/faraday tape.
Yeah I tried that hoping it might yield further improvement but I honestly cant tell much of a difference.

It seems like its improving a little bit in some areas but it also seems like it might be reducing a bit of bass, either way its very marginal and requires such concentration that I can't tell if I were blind testing it.

20230523_215515.JPG

May 24, 2023 at 3:34 AM Post #1,944 of 3,353
In any case, I've lost what little interest I had in the messi cable. Lets move on shall we...
I didn't say this cable was better than a $500 cable, I said that rather than spend money, it was better to invest in a tested and well assembled cable.
I did the magnet test and in all honesty, the whole connector is not magnetic. Only the locking ring is slightly magnetic.
For the specifics of the cable, everything is documented on the website and in the catalogue:
https://messi.it/dati/layout/files/...oaxial-cables-connectors-catalog-2022-min.pdf

I chose the Hyperflex10 and I am very satisfied with it (2x less attenuation than the Hyperflex5).
I hope for you that a 500$ cable is superior to a 50$ cable, but I would rather use 500$ for something else or for a future Mutec purchase. :wink:
My clock cost me $350.
On my side, the evolutions of my system are on the side of the software optimization of my Roon/HQPlayer server and of the streamer OS of my A26. That I master well..
And i love low-cost tweaks like faraday tape or moongel. Let's go !!

Last edited:
May 24, 2023 at 5:53 PM Post #1,945 of 3,353
Adding copper to a cable without a ground path is dumb. You are creating an antenna NOT a shield

I was dumb enough to try this "tip" and it made everything sound digital and unnatural.

Took me 10min to remove the tape and wasted time was achieved.

May 24, 2023 at 5:57 PM Post #1,946 of 3,353
Adding copper to a cable without a ground path is dumb. You are creating an antenna NOT a shield

I was dumb enough to try this "tip" and it made everything sound digital and unnatural.

Yeah but have you tweaked further with earthing/grounding = extra?

Grounding all my devices slowed the music to the "rythm of earth" Im in sync, slowly.....earthing.........do it

May 24, 2023 at 6:40 PM Post #1,947 of 3,353

Needless to say no guaranteed results here, trial and error to be sure. But not sure I understand your grounding concern if you applied it as I did and keep advocating - across the exterior metal surfaces of the plug and jack, the jack exterior normally being grounded as the cable shield connects to it. Certainly it seems to be with my LHY as I need to turn the sound down when applying as it can cause popping as ground is affected.

Last edited:
May 24, 2023 at 8:31 PM Post #1,948 of 3,353
I didn't say this cable was better than a $500 cable, I said that rather than spend money, it was better to invest in a tested and well assembled cable.
I did the magnet test and in all honesty, the whole connector is not magnetic. Only the locking ring is slightly magnetic.
For the specifics of the cable, everything is documented on the website and in the catalogue:
https://messi.it/dati/layout/files/...oaxial-cables-connectors-catalog-2022-min.pdf

I chose the Hyperflex10 and I am very satisfied with it (2x less attenuation than the Hyperflex5).
I hope for you that a 500$ cable is superior to a 50$ cable, but I would rather use 500$ for something else or for a future Mutec purchase. :wink:
My clock cost me $350.
On my side, the evolutions of my system are on the side of the software optimization of my Roon/HQPlayer server and of the streamer OS of my A26. That I master well..
And i love low-cost tweaks like faraday tape or moongel. Let's go !!
2x less attenuation is great!

Just curious though, what does 2x less attenuation sound like on a 1 meter cable?

Dammit now you tell me, look at all this antenna material they're using on this cable, must sound like crap.

Screenshot 2023-05-24 at 20-28-17 50-ohm-coaxial-cables-connectors-catalog-2022-min.pdf.png

Lol 10 minutes to remove a strip of copper tape?

Do you have a pic? If it took that long to remove it, just curious how much tape you used.

May 25, 2023 at 2:48 AM Post #1,949 of 3,353
Peace & love :peace:
You're right: does the research and development to get the best specs on a 100 metre long cable make sense for a 60 cm cable ?
Well yes, for the same price, you might as well choose the best. Which is not the same as spending 10 x.. more to get the equivalent.
If you want to play with copper tape, and avoid any conduction problems, do as everyone else does, first put a layer of teflon tape (PTFE) before putting the copper tape.

And for the fun...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back