Master Clock Talk
Apr 29, 2023 at 10:43 AM Post #1,727 of 3,363
I have now informed Jay's Audio about the situation with the bashing of the LHY brand. I also adviced them to provide future phase noise plots for their master clock generators.
/Jan
That’s fantastic. I would love for him to respond.
Again if you or they feel like asking a company to provide the most important measurement and calling them suspect for not is “bashing” then Ok. I will bash every company that does this forever.
AUNE is next 😂😂

Apr 29, 2023 at 11:23 AM Post #1,728 of 3,363
Lol
What is the frequency range of your speakers?
What is the wattage of your amp?
What is the phase noise measurement of your clock?
Should we know the phase noise of the clock inside a DAC? External I agree 💯

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2023 at 12:15 PM Post #1,729 of 3,363
It's not just power quality. The supports/weights are important, too. Vibration control is very important for a clock.
Can imagine that with speakers but hopefully not with a HP system..?
Although my fridge is annoying and will be turned off regularly.

Apr 29, 2023 at 12:38 PM Post #1,730 of 3,363
Can imagine that with speakers but hopefully not with a HP system..?
Although my fridge is annoying and will be turned off regularly.
I think You should concider a good power filter for Your listening gears. I'm using the Simple Best Power Filter EU version and it works just fine. They seem to have vanished, so You have to look elsewhere. I am sure You can get suggestions of good alternatives here on Head-fi. As always, a good power filtering along with decent power cables and sometimes fuses are the first steps and some precautions taken for damping for vibrations does the rest. A damping foam underneath the clock and maybe a dead weight (bag with dry sand or similar) on top, makes optimized conditions to ensure the best possible sound result.
/Jan

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2023 at 12:49 PM Post #1,731 of 3,363
Um yeah looks like people are my guy.
Are you not reading this?!?!
I’m not projecting anything brother. Read the posts

It is crazy to believe this, thats
exactly what I’ve been saying!
Um, yeah, you're convinced everyone thinks it's a low phase noise clock and LHY is hiding something. @JaMo or anyone else has ever said they were -115 clocks. So yeah, pipe down, brother.

Apr 29, 2023 at 12:55 PM Post #1,732 of 3,363
Um, yeah, you're convinced everyone thinks it's a low phase noise clock and LHY is hiding something. @JaMo or anyone else has ever said they were -115 clocks. So yeah, pipe down, brother.
Bro
JaMo just said it and I quoted it chief.
You must not read well.
LHY said they were -115 clocks themselves. They then removed the clock measurements from their website AFTER it was proven to be false and AFTER many people purchased them based on these measurements.
LHY continues to sell these without providing the most important performance measurement of a clock.

So you can either reread or pipe down yourself.

Apr 29, 2023 at 12:59 PM Post #1,733 of 3,363
Bro
You must not read well.
LHY said they were -115 clocks themselves. They then removed the clock measurements from their website AFTER it was proven to be false and AFTER many people purchased them based on these measurements.
LHY continues to sell these without providing the most important performance measurement of a clock.

You seem really angry :laughing:. And about Master Clocks of all things. There's professional help for anger management. Please seek it.

Apr 29, 2023 at 1:05 PM Post #1,734 of 3,363
You seem really angry :laughing:. And about Master Clocks of all things. There's professional help for anger management. Please seek it.
Lol I’m not angry. I’m baffled that people on a Master Clocks page don’t understand much about Master Clocks.
Then I’m baffled that you are telling me to pipe down for saying EXACTLY what you are saying.
There is no way that their are -115db clocks in a $700 device.
That’s exactly what I’m saying!!

People here don’t seem to understand that.

Apr 29, 2023 at 1:10 PM Post #1,735 of 3,363
Lol I’m not angry. I’m baffled that people on a Master Clocks page don’t understand much about Master Clocks.
Then I’m baffled that you are telling me to pipe down for saying EXACTLY what you are saying.
That’s exactly what I’m saying!!

People here don’t seem to understand that.
If you'd stop talking over people and creating an alternate reality, you'd understand that we are ALL in agreement.

If there is someone on this thread who disagrees about the above noted in bold, please pipe up. Until the measurements are provided, I'd agree with that statement.

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2023 at 1:27 PM Post #1,736 of 3,363
If you'd stop talking over people and creating an alternate reality, you'd understand that we are ALL in agreement.

If there is someone on this thread who disagrees about the above noted in bold, please pipe up. Until the measurements are provided, I'd agree with that statement.
Well thank you for agreeing with me
The entire past two pages are responses to people who don’t.

Brother I’m trying to stop the alternate reality that seems to exist here.

This started from me simply saying that it would be nice and not shady if LHY measured and posted the phase noise measurements of their clocks since the ones they had previously posted were waaaay wrong.
LHY advertised their $350 OCK1 as -110dBm@1hz.
They sold many based in this
It was independently measured to actually be -92dBm@1hz
After Alvin and Jay were shown these measurements they removed them from both the OCK-1 and OCK-2 sales page.
No measurements have been posted by LHY since.

Apr 29, 2023 at 1:39 PM Post #1,737 of 3,363
Bro
You must not read well.

A/My final reply on this.
Yes, based on my experience with the Mutec REF10 SE120 on Audio-gd DI20HE+R7HE Mk2, Gustard U18+x26 Pro, the R26 and the A26, I find the OCK-2 not far behind, and for me this is a sort of proof. I don't have the measurements in hand yet but the sonic results hasn't ever lied to me. My OCK-2 unit is a very good one. Eventually I will test it but until then I don't give a **** of what other people think or say. "Results talks" for me, not ASR logic.

A logic that follows... The Mutec REF10 SE120 is a low spec device beacause it performs nearly the non-spec LHY OCK-2 so Mutec should be sued for providing the market with ****'y clocks for them and charging $$$$. I am sorry guys, but this is not interesting at all for me or even in the world I live in, so I wish You luck

I have no doubt that my OCK-2 unit is holding a -115 OCXO (or better)dBc/1Hz, this based on its performance in the same context as the compared SE120.
@camrector : A question. -Do You have any experience at all of higher grade/level of external master clocks? -Ever seen or used one in a High End context? You don't have to answer..

Thank You/Jan

Apr 29, 2023 at 1:47 PM Post #1,738 of 3,363
A/My final reply on this.
Yes, based on my experience with the Mutec REF10 SE120 on Audio-gd DI20HE+R7HE Mk2, Gustard U18+x26 Pro, the R26 and the A26, I find the OCK-2 not far behind, and for me this is a sort of proof. I don't have the measurements in hand yet but the sonic results hasn't ever lied to me. My OCK-2 unit is a very good one. Eventually I will test it but until then I don't give a **** of what other people think or say. "Results talks" for me, not ASR logic.

A logic that follows... The Mutec REF10 SE120 is a low spec device beacause it performs nearly the non-spec LHY OCK-2 so Mutec should be sued for providing the market with ****'y clocks for them and charging $$$$. I am sorry guys, but this is not interesting at all for me or even in the world I live in, so I wish You luck

I have no doubt that my OCK-2 unit is holding a -115 OCXO (or better)dBc/1Hz, this based on its performance in the same context as the compared SE120.
@camrector : A question. -Do You have any experience at all of higher grade/level of external master clocks? -Ever seen or used one in a High End context? You don't have to answer..

Thank You/Jan
A positive review like that is enough for me to at least try the Ock2.

Measurements are only a part of this hobby.
When I first started this audio hobby, I studied the ASR forum.
Tons of users stated the Topping D50s and Atom Amp could be 'end game's due to its near perfect Sunday and other measurements.
Well, I bought that combo and the music sounds like it came from a laboratory.
ASR also generally stated cables, interconnects and power cords cannot make any difference.....but my ears tell me different.

My purpose is to enjoy music.
Measurements are secondary to me.

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2023 at 1:49 PM Post #1,739 of 3,363
It is if they have a good refurbished source, i.e. from cellphone towers.

Apr 29, 2023 at 2:02 PM Post #1,740 of 3,363
Well thank you for agreeing with me
The entire past two pages are responses to people who don’t.

Brother I’m trying to stop the alternate reality that seems to exist here.

This started from me simply saying that it would be nice and not shady if LHY measured and posted the phase noise measurements of their clocks since the ones they had previously posted were waaaay wrong.
LHY advertised their $350 OCK1 as -110dBm@1hz.
They sold many based in this
It was independently measured to actually be -92dBm@1hz
After Alvin and Jay were shown these measurements they removed them from both the OCK-1 and OCK-2 sales page.
No measurements have been posted by LHY since.

I understand what you're trying to fight for… fair business practices and I'm all for that.

But misguidedly, you are attacking the LHY's target audience of the OCK1 and OCK2 clocks—most of whom don't buy on pure phase numbers alone but partially/mostly based on peer recommendations and price shopping.

For that audience, the cost of the LHY OCK1 and OCK2 present a good value and have brought a noticeable level of improvement to their sound at a great price. This is the truth.

I'd wager most who lurk or are active on this thread belong to this audience. Your presumption that low phase noise is the only thing that matters to us (those on the Master Clock thread) is flawed and the main reason you've been shadowboxing for the last 5+ pages.

I've said this early on. @JaMo is the only person who has qualitatively triangulated the performance based on his owning the top of the line clock Mutec Ref10 120 so his word has a lot of weight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back