Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 6XX
Nov 6, 2016 at 1:48 AM Post #31 of 55
Yeah, fair enough that price and performance are not necessarily closely coupled in audio equipment.  If anything, the "diminishing returns" rule seems to apply across the board here.  Also fair enough that the HD650 may be better than a whole host of other so-called TOTL cans.  I think, the more I read, that everything really boils down to preference on sound signature and what a person can actually hear.

I'm interested in hopefully getting a chance to hear some of the varying higher-end equipment so I can make up my mind based on my own perception.  In the meantime, I'm pretty happy with my HD600 and UE900s for the level of quality.  I'm interested in the HD6xx more from a curiosity perspective, and an opportunity to make an in-person comparison for a relatively low cost of entry.  With that said, I'm wondering if I owe it to myself to spend just a little bit more to get a DAC and amp.  The AR-M20 is a step up from listening direct from my computer or phone, for sure, but what would a Schiit Jotunheim or a Cavalli Liquid Carbon do?

Where are all of my Denver peeps!?  I need a meet-up so I can talk to folks in person and actually use the equipment.  
cool.gif
  What with CanJam just finishing, I'm guessing I'm somewhat out of luck until sometime next year...

Nov 6, 2016 at 3:52 AM Post #32 of 55
Whew, you've got to invest in some desk gear. It'll blow your mind. The HD600 to me was too hot from the Jot, the 650 was great. 400i, even better. The 6XX will be a keeper for me at this price point though.

Nov 8, 2016 at 3:27 PM Post #34 of 55
Can anyone explain if the Massdrop server snafu this morning was normal? That was possibly one of the more frustrating purchase attempts I've ever made. Got up a bit early to hit it right when it opened, and after a couple of hours I had no purchase and nothing but empty regret. I emailed massdrop support but don't anticipate getting much of a response. Anyone here have any thoughts?

Nov 8, 2016 at 3:52 PM Post #35 of 55
Looks like you got what many other did, nothing.

Nov 11, 2016 at 6:06 PM Post #40 of 55
I'm close to top 500, for sure. No clue though.

Jan 3, 2017 at 9:58 PM Post #43 of 55
  I was for sure in the first 500, but due to the errors I wound up with a pair in the 2000's... oh well. I do love these cans though!

I am interested in buying a 6xx but do not understand how Massdrop works. I joined Massdrop, but I don't know what to do. Can someone take a moment to briefly outline how Massdrop works? I am apparently an idiot. Thanks very much for the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back