Massdrop x MEE audio Planamic In-Ear Monitors
Oct 5, 2018 at 2:35 AM Post #91 of 179
Crinacle has confirmed receipt! Hopefully some impressions soon.
B9Scrambler posted a little in a different thread:
if the second one is true, then i am in in the next drop

Oct 5, 2018 at 8:19 AM Post #93 of 179
Oct 5, 2018 at 8:24 AM Post #95 of 179
Now, that is quite the bummer. Ok, so one negative review so far, let’s see what the others say....

Oct 5, 2018 at 8:40 AM Post #96 of 179
Now, that is quite the bummer. Ok, so one negative review so far, let’s see what the others say....

Ya I’d wait for more reviews. Although I usually 90% agree with crinacle’s observations, that list is based on technical merit. Some things on that list have a bad rating relative to their hype here (ex: Bravado, Comets, IT01) but they sound very nice to me. The sound signature of this IEM may be too dark. D is a pretty bad rating though >.>; Worse than the Oriveti Basic which I hated and returned in 1 hour.

One more month or so until mine arrive...

Oct 5, 2018 at 8:42 AM Post #97 of 179
Ya I’d wait for more reviews. Although I usually 90% agree with crinacle’s observations, that list is based on technical merit. Some things on that list have a bad rating relative to their hype here (ex: Bravado, Comets, IT01) but they sound very nice to me. The sound signature of this IEM may be too dark. D is a pretty bad rating though >.>; Worse than the Oriveti Basic which I hated and returned in 1 hour.

One more month or so until mine arrive...
While the IT01 didn't live up its hype, its still very good. I got a pair to use with Bluetooth cables.

Oct 5, 2018 at 8:48 AM Post #98 of 179
While the IT01 didn't live up its hype, its still very good. I got a pair to use with Bluetooth cables.

Ya I have a pair too. It’s still a bargain.

Oct 5, 2018 at 3:44 PM Post #99 of 179
I actually love the IT01, it improves a lot with play time (say after 500 hours), also it responds really well to EQ. I love bass, but tight tuneful bass that goes into the 20hz range while holding it together. They way he describes that bass of this does not sound like my cup of tea. Nor does the rolloff of the highs.

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2018 at 12:31 PM Post #101 of 179
My take on Planamics

I think that was a very good presentation and thank you! You answered many of my concerns..

Because of your accent, it was hard for me to distinguish some of the things you said and I'm sorry if I missed this point.

Could you tell me if there is (GOOD) separation of the instruments or any bleeding you could notice?

Oct 22, 2018 at 1:48 PM Post #102 of 179
My take on Planamics

Interesting take!

Have I found my Roxanne II in a comfortable IEM? :) Some of the best bass detail and extension ever, clear vocals and horribly failing treble. Basically it sounded like the best ever IEM ever by a mile with rock (which is the majority of my playlist) and completely failing with any other genres without prominent drums or bass guitar.

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2018 at 3:01 AM Post #104 of 179
Because of your accent, it was hard for me to distinguish some of the things you said and I'm sorry if I missed this point.
I am sorry for inconvenience caused by my accent. I'm working with mentor to improve my pronunciation, but it's a hard work

Could you tell me if there is (GOOD) separation of the instruments
It's a pretty complex question actually. Separation per se is really good, as Planamics are detailed and have low distortion. But recessed treble sometimes spoil separation for instruments, having high pitched overtones.

or any bleeding you could notice?
There is no bleeding in "normal" melodies, but when there is some tune with dominating synthesized bass, it can shadow other frequencies, simply because of physics. But on "normal" music with regular instruments bass is controlled ok

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2018 at 7:50 AM Post #105 of 179
I am sorry for inconvenience caused by my accent. I'm working with mentor to improve my pronunciation, but it's a hard work

It's a pretty complex question actually. Separation per se is really good, as Planamics are detailed and have low distortion. But recessed treble sometimes spoil separation for instruments, having high pitched overtones.

There is no bleeding in "normal" melodies, but when there is some genres with dominating synthesized bass, it can shadow other frequencies, simply because of physics. But on "normal" music with regular instruments bass is controlled ok

Great review btw! Really enjoyed your thoughts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back