Massdrop x MEE audio Planamic In-Ear Monitors

Page 1 of 9
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Next

Last
  1. Colors
    andrewwardell likes this.
  2. rantng
    Yeah, I was like, "planamic? Planar+Dynamic...um ok, I guess." I hit the "Request" button to be reminded. We'll see how it goes when the drop goes live.

Colors likes this.
  3. timb5881
    Looks interesting and the price is good. Proof will be in the listening.:L3000:

4. rantng
    Massdrop usually sends a few units out for beta testing. I'm sure we'll get some more info and reviews before the end of the drop. In the meantime, try saying planamic three times fast.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
    Colors likes this.
  5. Colors
    Yeah the only planars I’ve had were the Oppo PM-3 but they were kind of big too carry around.

If they could mimic that sound signature in IEM form, I’d be very pleased. Loved the clean sounding linearity of it.

Joining the drop regardless. The P1 were one of my first IEMs and I still appreciate how it led me to better IEMs. Hoping these can wow at $150!

6. antdroid
    CeeTee says Jude will be posting measurements and impressions shortly. So... can't wait!

Hoping they do sound nice though. I'm not a huge fan of the MD house sound (warmer than neutral) in a bunch of their products, but I'm hoping this turns out well. Love my planars and want to compare them to the iSine and the ME.1 that I own.

7. Colors
    Would be great if an additional balanced cable was an option!

natemact and Carlsan like this.
  8. Carlsan
    I agree, if they are marketing it at an audiophile crowd than a balanced cable would be nice.

9. antdroid
    The cable that came as an option with the MD+ was awful. You can get much better 2-pin balanced cables elsewhere for half the price.

Colors likes this.
  10. kukkurovaca
    It's true, the Plus cables are traaaaash.

andrewwardell likes this.
  11. pjs1969
    I can't wait to hear these!!

12. andrewwardell
    Also requested, may or may not pull trigger at that price.

I’m quite curious about how they’ve pulled this off, and if it will actually work out. The shell looks suspiciously similar to the MD+. Not a bad thing at all, I find them supremely comfortable. Looks like they managed to do something about the connector bulge with this design though.

All things considered I don’t think I’m actually wanting for more than my MD+ setup gives me. Oddly enough it’s very close to the sound signature of my beloved Yamaha HP-1, which is an old planar itself. The fit is par excellence for me, plus I found that I don’t need to run the IEMatch with them every time either, so I’m a bit conflicted about buying the MDx. Curious about the sound of a new type of driver mostly...maybe I’ll hold off for this batch and see how it pans out.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
    Colors likes this.
  13. DMTTAB
    I've bought the MD+ with the 2.5 TRRS Cable and i have to say that the cable is very disappointing. I'm using this one from AliExpress now Less than a third of the Massdrop's cable price and feels and looks much better.

14. DMTTAB
    Where will he post them. do you know that? I'm very intrigued but i need something to evaluate my purchase.

15. mashuto
    Gotta say I am very interested in these, with a few holdups. There have been no impressions, no measurements, no nothing, just a bunch of marketing speak so far. So hopefully we will get some impressions. Second is that I already have the two high end CA dd iems, the atlas and the vega. Before the atlas, I almost exclusively listened to the vega no matter what else I had, and now I find myself almost exclusively listening to the atlas. Third is it looks like the shell is probably the same as the MD+, which I also own. I find these "universal custom" shaped shells often difficult to wear comfortably.

Still definitely interested in hearing more, as I am always interested in new tech or driver designs that even if they arent game changing, could potentially be a new style of tech to consider when choosing iems.

Page 1 of 9
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Next

Last