Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones
Jul 18, 2014 at 4:50 PM Post #5,746 of 6,782
these options are definitely within my current price range which is good i know what you mean by them needing to be modded i assume their too big on one end to fit into the slot of the mikros however how would i go about doing that? i have never modded anything before 

Jul 18, 2014 at 9:38 PM Post #5,748 of 6,782
  I have a hard felt dot at the bottom of each cup as per instruction. I also have a few pics here. I added the polyfill to further smooth out the treble, I removed a bit of it after opening it up and noticed that having a bit less of it helps. 

Looks like a tarantula's  nest ...hehe...v congested. 
But if it fits your taste, by all means feed that spider :p

Jul 19, 2014 at 8:40 AM Post #5,752 of 6,782
The auvio cable is perfect. I got mine on amazon but it's no longer there. Here's one on ebay. I got a silver one myself

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181469160270

Cable: $13 
wink.gif

International shipping: $23 
frown.gif

Jul 20, 2014 at 7:00 AM Post #5,755 of 6,782
  ZW,
Which particular Belkin cables?  I have tried several off-the-rack at Wal-Mart that do not fit the Mikros 90.  Also, are you talking about an after market 3.5 male to 3.5 female [Auvio] extension cable?

PB...
Sorry for not answering sooner...out of town last week.  I found the Belkin cable below at my local W-Mart...fits the Mikros without modding.

This cable is about 3 ft long, has gold-plated tips, and works very well with the Mikros. It is also available in a longer version in a male to female configuration.

My suggestion to the other poster was to use an aftermarket extension cable to allow him to reach the headphone jack on the back of his computer.  He seemed to indicate that the Mikros cable was too short, and was looking for a longer male to male cable that would fit the recess on the Mikros headset end.  This is unnecessary with an extension cable as the Mikros cable would still be plugged into the headset.

Jul 21, 2014 at 9:08 AM Post #5,757 of 6,782
Been out of town and on self-imposed ban. I missed my Mikros 90 thread brothers/sisters. Every time I visit here I want to buy more and more equipment. My wallet says, "no", though. Plus, the Mikros 90 is my end game for portable headphones for most genres, especially classical. It has re-sparked an old flame for me. :) Any recommendations for a high resolution version of Bach's Brandenburg Concertos? 

Jul 21, 2014 at 10:08 AM Post #5,759 of 6,782
Thanks, Pata. I am not familiar with SACD. What equipment would I need to play and rip the music?

Jul 21, 2014 at 8:25 PM Post #5,760 of 6,782
  ZW,
Which particular Belkin cables?  I have tried several off-the-rack at Wal-Mart that do not fit the Mikros 90.  Also, are you talking about an after market 3.5 male to 3.5 female [Auvio] extension cable?

PB...
This is the extension cable I use on my home set-up, and on my office computer.  Inexpensive and it works.  Probably not suitable for someone with "cable envy", but that ain't me.

http://www.amazon.com/3-5MM-Mini-Stereo-Extension-Cable/dp/B004EL9ZWA/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1405988153&sr=8-4&keywords=belkin+3.5+mm+extension

I paid a bit more at W-Mart for this same cable...$6.00?  Since the male end fits in the socket on the Mikros ear cup without modding, I have also bough these, removed the female end, and added a RS male plug (for source end of cable).

Male to female Belkin extension cable modded to male to male.  OE (black) end fits MIkros ear cup cavity perfectly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back