Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones
Mar 27, 2014 at 9:09 PM Post #4,383 of 6,783

http://www.ebay.com/itm/C-C-BH-Portable-Headphone-AMP-battery-AMP-CC-BH-NEW-/261172737290
biggrin.gif

^ Didn't H2O sold that piss poor BH of his after he got a taste of the JDSs???
bigsmile_face.gif

I would if i can get them for $50 i would, cuz i can get a used like-new C5 on the sales forums for only $100 so....................

Need a better source tbh, eyeing the new audiophile DAPs of late. haha The FiiO X1s is another weak attempt on FiiO part it seems design wise sigh, so i might likely skip it. And the X5s welp looks like a X5. LMAO : P

If they make a silver version they gots my monies but for now, i am not THAT tempted to get any of them tbh. The ibasso DX90 seems mighty interesting to say the least.
ph34r.gif

Mar 27, 2014 at 9:14 PM Post #4,384 of 6,783
I thought some people here said the 90s sound better with warmish source? I'm pretty fire the fiio amps such as the e11 and e17 are both quite warm?!

^ Warm source as in DACs not amps, the E17s dac seems to gel crazy well with the schiit vali and can truly make these Logans sing, but straight from the E17 amp they sound like crap. The amp of the E17 seems like the weak link, cuz from the get-go i was never WOWed by it, it was kinda meh with all my sources.

I only used the DAC of the E17 after i got my Logans and man am i glad i got them. It seems the dac of the E17 is superior to the amp section of the E17s from my personal experience. :)

Mar 27, 2014 at 9:23 PM Post #4,385 of 6,783
^ Warm source as in DACs not amps, the E17s dac seems to gel crazy well with the schiit vali and can truly make these Logans sing, but straight from the E17 amp they sound like crap. The amp of the E17 seems like the weak link, cuz from the get-go i was never WOWed by it, it was kinda meh with all my sources.

I only used the DAC of the E17 after i got my Logans and man am i glad i got them. It seems the dac of the E17 is superior to the amp section of the E17s from my personal experience. :)

Lol... When I had it I felt the total opposite!! I thought the amp part of the e17 was way warmer than the dac part ;p

Mar 27, 2014 at 9:39 PM Post #4,386 of 6,783
Oh? I have the BH as well, so now I just to pick up a c3 ;p

The synergy between the C3 and BH is well documented.

I wonder though how your IHIFI 760 and the BH sound with the 90's?

Mar 27, 2014 at 9:46 PM Post #4,387 of 6,783
  na, i dont deal too much with amps. The ones ive had i dont use much so i usually keep it simple.

The C3 alone is wonderful. But I must admit that I love the C3/BH combo, as the BH has some fairly nifty magic going on with it's LF and SF switches which I find work really well to provide a bit more bass and soundstage for the 90's.

^ Didn't H2O sold that piss poor BH of his after he got a taste of the JDSs???
bigsmile_face.gif

I would if i can get them for $50 i would, cuz i can get a used like-new C5 on the sales forums for only $100 so....................

Need a better source tbh, eyeing the new audiophile DAPs of late. haha The FiiO X1s is another weak attempt on FiiO part it seems design wise sigh, so i might likely skip it. And the X5s welp looks like a X5. LMAO : P

If they make a silver version they gots my monies but for now, i am not THAT tempted to get any of them tbh. The ibasso DX90 seems mighty interesting to say the least.
ph34r.gif

The JDS is better/cleaner I'm sure, but the BH is no slouch, and it also has the magical LF/SF switches. So if you can find one for $50, you should snag it (I love the Nf'd T50RP's with the C3/BH combo).

As far as the X1 is concerned, lol, I've read your posts. Even though I'm not completely up to date on the X5, I would probably snag it on the spot if I felt like spending $300. But I know nothing about the DX90 - time to get up to speed and get hyped onto the next best thing lol!

Mar 27, 2014 at 9:47 PM Post #4,388 of 6,783
The synergy between the C3 and BH is well documented.

I wonder though how your IHIFI 760 and the BH sound with the 90's?

Well, arm, I'm not using the BH with 760 because it takes away some soundstage from the 760, but it does make the vocal a bit more forward and also some warmth.

I will however try them together with the 90 though

Mar 27, 2014 at 9:47 PM Post #4,389 of 6,783

+
^
True but not all amps will make them sound better though, cuz the E17 hooked onto my ipod nano sounds pretty crappy while it just sounds so much more "right" off of my venturecraft go-dap amp. LoL

I am just glad i got the sources to roll on these Logans cuz i would be pissed as well if my sauces were limited cuz some daps/amp REALLY don't do these justice. 

I was like meng these Logans sounds like crap while i was source rollin' them last night. haha
ph34r.gif

You're quite right. I should have written everything sounds better with my O2. 
tongue_smile.gif

Mar 27, 2014 at 10:01 PM Post #4,390 of 6,783
+

+
^
OH WOW, LMAO wearing them backwards creates INSTANT seal. AND the headband feel more secure on the head as well. NICE!!! :beerchug:

^ Alls you need is a 3.5mm male to female reverse channel adapter to switch it back to normal right/left. :)

^ sorry for the possibly noob question but could you or someone expand on this statement? I don't know exactly what that means.

The lack of a convenient fit and confident seal is the one thing keeping these from being perfect for me. (It drives me bonkers trying to get them right and then I lean forward and they move).

I tried putting them backwards but just knowing that the music was coming from the wrong direction distracted me to much. I couldn't tell very often but I focused on it constantly and took away from the music lol. OCD I guess.

Mar 27, 2014 at 10:06 PM Post #4,391 of 6,783
^ sorry for the possibly noob question but could you or someone expand on this statement? I don't know exactly what that means.

The lack of a convenient fit and confident seal is the one thing keeping these from being perfect for me. (It drives me bonkers trying to get them right and then I lean forward and they move).

I tried putting them backwards but just knowing that the music was coming from the wrong direction distracted me to much. I couldn't tell very often but I focused on it constantly and took away from the music lol. OCD I guess.

I think another set of pads would fix your issue.  It seems that the stock pads just don't hold on to the ear that well, so the headphone can slip on your head (I've experienced this also...but I stretched the headband a bit).   

Lorspeaker, since you've tried other pads, what do you think?

Mar 27, 2014 at 10:25 PM Post #4,392 of 6,783

But that fixed your seal issue, didn't it? Too bad all music players don't have a "channel reverse" option huh? 

It "bugs" me also that the channels are swapped. But when it comes right down to it, I really wouldn't know it if I didn't know it! I realized this while I was listening to the reversed Mikros and completely enjoying the seal.

I am cured my friend!

Mar 27, 2014 at 10:53 PM Post #4,393 of 6,783

^
That's what i am trying to say cuz if you wear them backward they seem to seal right away as well as much more stable on the head, you it will not break seal even if you more your head around.

And there are places that sell those reverse Right/ Left channel adapters, like these......
.... people can actually custom make these. And it seems easy to do with you are savvy with cables.

So get one of these and you should have no problems if you wear these Logans backwards cuz the adapter is gonna switch the channels back to their proper side. :)

Mar 27, 2014 at 11:05 PM Post #4,394 of 6,783
  ... people can actually custom make these. And it seems easy to do with you are savvy with cables.

Hmmm. Where is that N'fd cable of mine!

Mar 27, 2014 at 11:15 PM Post #4,395 of 6,783
I think another set of pads would fix your issue.  It seems that the stock pads just don't hold on to the ear that well, so the headphone can slip on your head (I've experienced this also...but I stretched the headband a bit).   

Lorspeaker, since you've tried other pads, what do you think?

If u wan a small pad...best bet is the BEATS pad...the original is thick n very soft,
Those from china dun last n kinda thinner or harder..
U end up with sore ears again.

If u dun mind the big pads..the alpha pads are v comfy..n they dun move around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back