Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones
Mar 10, 2014 at 2:47 PM Post #3,496 of 6,782
So have like 100 hours on the stock 90s, did the reverse pad mod but reversed it back (reversals galore). They sound fine, excellent in fact, out of my iPhone 5, but...I need to EQ them via Onkyo HF app, taking the bass up and the 8k freq down a small amount. With that, excellent with the HP out on the iPhone 5. Haven't plugged them into my C&C BH/iPod Classic combo yet. Excellent phones, design is a bit annoying, but on balance well worth the $69 I paid. Not replacing my X1s however, just prefer the Fidelios for several different reason, sound sig being just one.

Going to keep burning them in with the Auvio cable, another 100 hours, see if things sound any different. Also hard to power on the IP5, but enough volume without hitting max. Close though.

Just too lazy, concerned about modding. Guess I will miss that boat.

Mar 10, 2014 at 2:49 PM Post #3,497 of 6,782
  So have like 100 hours on the stock 90s, did the reverse pad mod but reversed it back (reversals galore). They sound fine, excellent in fact, out of my iPhone 5, but...I need to EQ them via Onkyo HF app, taking the bass up and the 8k freq down a small amount. With that, excellent with the HP out on the iPhone 5. Haven't plugged them into my C&C BH/iPod Classic combo yet. Excellent phones, design is a bit annoying, but on balance well worth the $69 I paid. Not replacing my X1s however, just prefer the Fidelios for several different reason, sound sig being just one.

Going to keep burning them in with the Auvio cable, another 100 hours, see if things sound any different. Also hard to power on the IP5, but enough volume without hitting max. Close though.

EQ down the 3.6khz region too. Peak there from what I heard.

Mar 10, 2014 at 2:55 PM Post #3,498 of 6,782

Both. Also using just music as well as mono setting for my music.

Thanks. I just tried the mono trick, and then ab'ed both drivers to the same ear. Mine might still be slightly off balance here and there, but it's so slight that I'm not even sure. You probably just have bat ears relative to mine.

Mar 10, 2014 at 2:59 PM Post #3,499 of 6,782

Thanks. I just tried the mono trick, and then ab'ed both drivers to the same ear. Mine might still be slightly off balance here and there, but it's so slight that I'm not even sure. You probably just have bat ears relative to mine.

Yeah, I am extremely sensitive to it because it ends up bugging me a lot when I know it's there. It was a problem I had with the HE-500 and emotiva, which is why I issued a replacement for the emotiva so it wouldn't have that imbalance issue. Thank god I did.

Mar 10, 2014 at 3:27 PM Post #3,500 of 6,782

EQ down the 3.6khz region too. Peak there from what I heard.

Thx. Will check that out in 4-5 days after continuous play. Don't need them so wanted to get 200+ hours on them and then see where it all goes. They will be used around the house, second fiddle to my X1s really. So no rush to use them. I also have some CIEMs here and a couple of other favorite IEMs, mostly budget-fi after the CIEMs.

Mar 10, 2014 at 5:18 PM Post #3,501 of 6,782

Lol, I'm probably just going to return my pair tbh.

^ ehhh so you are gonna return them after you have modded them???
rolleyes.gif

Mar 10, 2014 at 6:49 PM Post #3,506 of 6,782
Pshh they were imbalanced when I got them anyways.

Mar 10, 2014 at 7:38 PM Post #3,507 of 6,782
Mar 10, 2014 at 7:43 PM Post #3,508 of 6,782

Hear Music the Way the ML Engineers Intended!!! 
L3000.gif

Mar 10, 2014 at 7:43 PM Post #3,509 of 6,782

Are you sure?

Beware of Karma.

Lol I'm being serious though. The bass below 30hz before was more prominent in the left channel as well as the extreme peaks at around 3.6khz and i think it was 6ish khz.

Mar 10, 2014 at 7:45 PM Post #3,510 of 6,782
  you can always try! :D:D seems mikros 90 owners are all trolls anyway :)

Do yourself a favor and never remove that sticker. Never. Only after there is a mod that is widely accepted and explained should you consider it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back