Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones
Feb 20, 2024 at 11:05 AM Post #6,752 of 6,782
The dude who sell the mikros want a local take off... I even offered him more than he ask for...He refuse...
It seems i will not buy the mikros.... End of story.... They are too rare offering by now...

Feb 20, 2024 at 1:09 PM Post #6,753 of 6,782
The dude who sell the mikros want a local take off... I even offered him more than he ask for...He refuse...
It seems i will not buy the mikros.... End of story.... They are too rare offering by now...
Too bad. If you're patient enough. A pair will eventually show up on ebay or perhaps this forum.

Feb 20, 2024 at 1:12 PM Post #6,754 of 6,782
My new pads came in today. Unfortunately, I didn't like them do to lack of bass response and impact. I will give the momentum pads a try next.

Screenshot_20240219_075536_eBay.jpg

Mar 26, 2024 at 4:33 PM Post #6,757 of 6,782
It seems for 70 Dollars i will have one in mint state soon ...

my friend

Davidzak64

How is your experience now with the mikros 90 and our beloved K240 sextett and K340 ?

My only hope is that the Mikros will not be much worse compared to my optimized sextett... :)

Mar 26, 2024 at 4:54 PM Post #6,758 of 6,782
It seems for 70 Dollars i will have one in mint state soon ...

my friend

Davidzak64

How is your experience now with the mikros 90 and our beloved K240 sextett and K340 ?

My only hope is that the Mikros will not be much worse compared to my optimized sextett... :)
Unfortunately my Mikros quit working on me. Bad solder joint in the PCB board. I'll probably buy another pair when I have the chance. But they did sound Fantastic 👌🏼 I would keep them over all of my other headphones except for maybe my K340's. You will be in for a real treat.
IMO. The Sextett are not even close to being in the same tier as The Mikros and K340's.

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2024 at 5:21 PM Post #6,760 of 6,782
I will be happy if they beat the sextett which i love as secondary headphone for my computer (not music ) ...
The K340 i modified is impossible to beat... Deep bass through my toes and natural timbre + out of the head sounbdstage ... A jewel nobody can know about because very difficult to optimize....
i am not even sure that the RAAL can beat them...
i am sorry for your lost my friend...
I trust you then i will give you my impression...i would have never bought them without your opinion ...
I hope you will find new Mikros soon ...
Unfortunately my Mikros quit working on me. Bad solder joint in the PCB board. I'll probably buy another pair when I have the chance. But they did sound Fantastic 👌🏼 I would keep them over all of my other headphones except for maybe my K340's. You will be in for a real treat.
IMO. The Sextett are not even close to being in the same tier as The Mikros and K340's.

Mar 26, 2024 at 8:18 PM Post #6,761 of 6,782
Mar 28, 2024 at 2:16 PM Post #6,762 of 6,782
i just received the Mikros 90...pay them 70 bucks...

Their main quality will be for me : isolation.

Nothing else i am afraid...

I will not even try to improve them as i did with all my other headphones with success.

I bought them to test them because one of my friend vouch for them over the K240 sextett and he claim that they even rival the K340...

I know that is impossible but i must buy them to test this claim...

the Mikros 90 is an average well done headphone... I say average not better ...

There is not a shred of comparison possible with the K240 sextett when optimized on any acoustics count at all ...Timbre naturalness, bass, imaging , soundstage ... zero comparison...

My friend who vouched for the Mikros probably had not optimized his sextett or K340 at the level where they are at their best and i know it is very difficult to do anyway ... It takes me 6 months 24/24 to figure out the K340 workings and i installed 6 modifications on them ... i did not recommend them because they are old and difficult to optimize... but they are one of the best headpghone ever designed no doubt, the only working true hybrid till today ( the Dharma is not it is a dynamic cell with a supertweeter with no resonators nor dual internal acoustic chamber as the K340 )... I never listened an headphone who even touch them... The sextett cannot even with also a set of tuned resonators...

The K340 already exceed by far the sextett on all acoustic factors, so good the sextett are and i love them as sexcondary choice for casual listening of movie but this put the Mikros in the beginners low cost headphone range far from the sextett or even far from the Akg K701 i disliked and with no relation at all with the sublime K340...

it is not surprizing to me because there is inside the sextett as in the hybrid 340 a set of tuned passive resonators that do marvel for sound quality...

the Mikros 90 isolate so well i will use them for listening documentary in my noisy house some days...

Thats all ... No music ever no movie either only interviews in noisy hours ... :)

Sorry to spell my truth in these thread where because of inexperience all was exagerated about them from the begininng ...

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2024 at 2:52 PM Post #6,764 of 6,782
I would if i could... But my son use headphone and i plan to test them till his birthday and gave him . My son walk a lot with headphone . He need isolation and an headphone that stay on the head. The mikros fit the bill ....

And i want to play with them a bit ... My son birthday is in september ...

understand me they are good headphone... But my friend who own the K340 put the high bar too high in his Mikros appreciation I must bought one to see by myself .... They dont compare in imaging, soundstage, bass , timbre, to even my sextett improved and optimized.... i always improved my headphone because till the K340 i never liked any headphones... Even the sextett so better they are compared to the Mikros dont even touch the K340 on any acoustic count ...

i am very glad to had tested the Mikros because my optimization process of the K340 must be efficient if my friend who own 2 different K340 think that the Mikros rival them.... This proves to me that my modification to improve the sextett and the K340 were efficient .... :)

@richard51 Why don't you sell your pair to @Davidzak64, then? (a) His Mikros 90--which he enjoyed a lot--broke, (b) you obviously don't think much of yours and [I am reasonably sure] (c) @Davidzak64 would appreciate a replacement pair.

Result: Everybody is HAPPY! :beerchug:

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2024 at 8:34 PM Post #6,765 of 6,782
i just received the Mikros 90...pay them 70 bucks...

Their main quality will be for me : isolation.

Nothing else i am afraid...

I will not even try to improve them as i did with all my other headphones with success.

I bought them to test them because one of my friend vouch for them over the K240 sextett and he claim that they even rival the K340...

I know that is impossible but i must buy them to test this claim...

the Mikros 90 is an average well done headphone... I say average not better ...

There is not a shred of comparison possible with the K240 sextett when optimized on any acoustics count at all ...Timbre naturalness, bass, imaging , soundstage ... zero comparison...

My friend who vouched for the Mikros probably had not optimized his sextett or K340 at the level where they are at their best and i know it is very difficult to do anyway ... It takes me 6 months 24/24 to figure out the K340 workings and i installed 6 modifications on them ... i did not recommend them because they are old and difficult to optimize... but they are one of the best headpghone ever designed no doubt, the only working true hybrid till today ( the Dharma is not it is a dynamic cell with a supertweeter with no resonators nor dual internal acoustic chamber as the K340 )... I never listened an headphone who even touch them... The sextett cannot even with also a set of tuned resonators...

The K340 already exceed by far the sextett on all acoustic factors, so good the sextett are and i love them as sexcondary choice for casual listening of movie but this put the Mikros in the beginners low cost headphone range far from the sextett or even far from the Akg K701 i disliked and with no relation at all with the sublime K340...

it is not surprizing to me because there is inside the sextett as in the hybrid 340 a set of tuned passive resonators that do marvel for sound quality...

the Mikros 90 isolate so well i will use them for listening documentary in my noisy house some days...

Thats all ... No music ever no movie either only interviews in noisy hours ... :)

Sorry to spell my truth in these thread where because of inexperience all was exagerated about them from the begininng ...
Richard,
I stand by my Experience and opinion of the Mikros90s. IMO, They are a very detailed, engaging and balanced headphone. I will state again, " IMO, The Sextett are not even close to being in the same tier as The Mikros and K340's" To each is own. Our preferences for certain attributes of and musical tastes are obviously very different from one another.
I think I've had a bit more experience with a variety of headphones than you may of had, so I'm not talking from the inexperience, as you may have been implying to.

You haven't even had them for a day. Have a little patience and don't be so quick to judge something you haven't really had a chance to experiment with. 🤔

P.S

Have you had your hearing tested recently? 🤣🤪

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back