Marshall Minor..?
Jan 13, 2011 at 8:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

AudioTroll

100+ Head-Fier
Anyone heard them?

just got a pair as a surprise gift from a friend:)
but my source is on repair so I have´nt got a chance to listen.

well 30 sec from his laptop whit unknown (boring) music :p
sounded like well headphones, sitts nice in the ears tough :)

may be getting the Major model to.

anyone had a listen to them?

Jan 14, 2011 at 4:00 PM Post #2 of 3
to be frank, I really like them,only got a borrowed stoneage noname 512mb player as source so I cant say much.

only got my HD-25´s to compare whit, but for a raltively cheapheadphone/headset they sound ok :)

more of a rounded relaxed sound, enchansed mids  like feeling.

the best part is the fit,never had inears that felt this easy on the ears :)
perfet gym/running phone :)

Jun 16, 2013 at 4:54 AM Post #3 of 3
I can not really agree with your statements regarding the Marshall Minor. I had chance to test them last week at the Istanbul airport in an electronics shop. I used them for around 30 minutes with different genres of music (yes the shop assistant was pissed) and decided not to purchase them. My reasons:

1- First of all they have a strange design and they are not really easy to fit in for all ear types. It took me a while to figure out how to exactly put them in. Forget doing sports, keeping them in place while standing was a challange.
2- You probably tested them in a quiet place. Try using them in a loud place like an airport and see how crappy sound isolation is. It is near to none and I had to turn my source really up to block the background sounds.
3- Mids are clear but they lack some bass.
4- When you use them with high volume (which you need to block the background sounds) sound gets remarkably distorted.

This product was a demo product in a crowded place like an airport so I suppose this pair had some decent burn in during the time it was on display for testing therefore I can not suggest this product to anyone unless you really dont want anything in your ear canal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back