Marshall Headphones?
Dec 1, 2010 at 6:12 PM Post #22 of 29
So I got to try them out at work today. First impressions:

Build quality seems decent considering the price. Better than Zound's other cans like Plattan. The overall look and tone is pretty good, they look a bit rugged. The cord felt ok although I don't know about the practicality of the winding cable considering most people will use it on the move, it feels a bit heavy. More comfortable than Plattan as well, mostly due to the thicker pads, although I found it annoying that you can not twist the earcups at all from side to side, so I suspect they might be uncomfortable for some. I would have preferred around-ear design, the cups are almost too small. They certainly would have looked better as well.

Bear in mind I only had time to listen for a minute or two, but I'd say it's not half bad coming straight out of a 3rd gen Ipod touch. I fed them Black sabbath which I felt would be the appropriate starting position and was not unhappy at all, but definately not blown away. The bass was pretty well defined, mids definately prominent and the highs slightly sibilant, although that might be due to the face that they were new out of the box. I'll keep monitoring the set that I'll use as a review set for customers that wants to try and see if they change over time. The soundstage isn't huge, as expected but not that bad really.

All in all, after just a couple of minutes, I was pleasantly surprised! There was nothing really annoying, just a decent headphone.
They don't come close to a lot of higher-end cans, and they certainly won't be popular among most head-fiers but looking at the price-point and considering the target market, they're actually pretty good IMHO.

Dec 10, 2010 at 11:42 PM Post #23 of 29
Just got a pair in today.  Doing a light, low and slow burn atm.  Out of the box, strangely enough, nothing immediately objectionable.  Surprising.  Btw, these are freaking tiny!  Plus forget about isolation.  Look great though and nothing sounds wrong....yet.  

Jan 16, 2011 at 1:41 AM Post #25 of 29
saw them in person today.

They're really nice.  I wish they were hooked up.  I would've given them a try, but I didn't feel like bothering anyone to hook up a set of headphones I have no intention of buying (just bought some IEMs)

These are more portable/small headphone than full.

Apr 28, 2011 at 6:22 AM Post #28 of 29
I love marketing sometimes... "The Major is a solid workhorse with great stamina, designed with non-stop, all-day listening in mind" LOL. I didn't know headphones needed "stamina". What's next? Monster energy amplifiers so our headphones don't get tired? 

Apr 28, 2011 at 11:31 AM Post #29 of 29
I own the Minor model,like them due to the fact I cant feel them in my ears, perfect for gym or running. :)

Listend alt to the major, I like for the price, kind of "mellow" sound,perfect for days I dont wanna listen,just "hear" if you understand what I mean..:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back