Mark Levinson № 5909 headphone
Dec 28, 2023 at 8:25 PM Post #872 of 970
The usb C to usb A? I can check if any of my other cables work for it

Dec 28, 2023 at 9:35 PM Post #875 of 970
I just snagged an N5909 lightly used for $375, but it's missing a USB C audio cable. Any ideas on where I can pick up a replacement? Thanks.
you can connect ML and order from them directly

Dec 28, 2023 at 10:54 PM Post #879 of 970
Jan 4, 2024 at 10:48 AM Post #881 of 970
I bought the 5909 a couple of weeks ago on sale for 550 and I am very satisfied so far. But I wanted to try how it sounds via USB, but I could not get it to work. I plugged it directly into my iPhone via USB-C to Lightning Cable, but the phone did not recognize the 5909 as an audio device. On my pc I plugged them into an USB Port, but all I could hear was loud static, so I immediately unplugged them afraid it would damage the headphones. So long story short, how can I use them wired? I wanted to see how big the difference to the lossy bluetooth is. Thanks in advance!

Jan 4, 2024 at 11:02 AM Post #882 of 970
I bought the 5909 a couple of weeks ago on sale for 550 and I am very satisfied so far. But I wanted to try how it sounds via USB, but I could not get it to work. I plugged it directly into my iPhone via USB-C to Lightning Cable, but the phone did not recognize the 5909 as an audio device. On my pc I plugged them into an USB Port, but all I could hear was loud static, so I immediately unplugged them afraid it would damage the headphones. So long story short, how can I use them wired? I wanted to see how big the difference to the lossy bluetooth is. Thanks in advance!
In PC did you check the sound output option. You may have to select it instead of the default option. Works fine using the USB c cable for me on my PC.

Try the 3.5mm wire. I don't use the USB C to USB C outside of charging the headphones

Jan 4, 2024 at 5:27 PM Post #883 of 970
What USB cable were you using? The ML5909 cable is (semi) proprietary…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back