Mark Levinson № 5909 headphone
Nov 5, 2022 at 2:51 PM Post #511 of 970
Any chance you could share the settings that you use (I'm quite the noob when it comes to this).
Yeah sure thing. I have a galaxy phone so I just use the pre installed eq that comes with the phone (these settings carry through all apps you use).

Also, I use the high ANC setting along with the the neutral base setting. Let me know if this is helpful at all!
Screenshot_20221105_144906_Samsung Internet.jpg

Nov 5, 2022 at 4:22 PM Post #513 of 970
Yeah sure thing. I have a galaxy phone so I just use the pre installed eq that comes with the phone (these settings carry through all apps you use).

Also, I use the high ANC setting along with the the neutral base setting. Let me know if this is helpful at all!Screenshot_20221105_144906_Samsung Internet.jpg
Thanks for sharing also -- I will give this a shot!!!

Nov 6, 2022 at 9:37 AM Post #514 of 970
One thing I noticed that is quite annoying (not sure if this is just my unit): the 5909s connect BT on my android phone just fine and takes calls but audio on anything else (spotify, youtube, etc) doesn't work. I have to power off and power on the headphones a few times before it works. I didn't notice this a few days ago because I would go on extended listens.

Anyone else have this problem? Ive already cleared my network settings on my phone and this doesn't happen on any of my other cans thats BT.

Nov 6, 2022 at 10:35 AM Post #515 of 970
One thing I noticed that is quite annoying (not sure if this is just my unit): the 5909s connect BT on my android phone just fine and takes calls but audio on anything else (spotify, youtube, etc) doesn't work. I have to power off and power on the headphones a few times before it works. I didn't notice this a few days ago because I would go on extended listens.

Anyone else have this problem? Ive already cleared my network settings on my phone and this doesn't happen on any of my other cans thats BT.
That's very strange have you tried clicking on the cog wheel icon and enabling media audio?

Nov 6, 2022 at 10:36 AM Post #516 of 970

Hey, what do you mean exactly? So you're seeing audio on other apps don't work after you make a phone call?

Nov 6, 2022 at 10:41 AM Post #517 of 970

Hope this helps!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221106-103955~2.png
    Screenshot_20221106-103955~2.png
    124.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20221106-104000.png
    Screenshot_20221106-104000.png
    105.2 KB · Views: 0
Nov 6, 2022 at 10:52 AM Post #518 of 970
Thank you - i have all of these enabled.

It will show the 5909 as avaliable for both calls and audio but only the calls pass through. I have to poweroff and poweron the headphones a few times for it to kick-in for audio (YouTube, spotify, etc).

I tried adding/readding the 5909 and it still has the issue.

Nov 6, 2022 at 10:56 AM Post #519 of 970

It will show the 5909 as avaliable for both calls and audio but only the calls pass through. I have to poweroff and poweron the headphones a few times for it to kick-in for audio (YouTube, spotify, etc).

I have never had this issue. I am not sure whats going on then.

Nov 6, 2022 at 11:38 AM Post #520 of 970

Do you have multipoint enabled? I had that exact issue at the very beginning on my iPhone, and the solution was to unselect the 5909 source on my Mac. I did that a few times, and then the headphones figured it out and it has not been a problem since. I think @angelom has the same issue, and it also resolved itself.

Nov 6, 2022 at 11:39 AM Post #521 of 970
I have never had this issue. I am not sure whats going on then.
I may have figured this out but need to do more testing. I just removed the 5909s from my macbook... after that, seems every time I power off and power on, the audio works on my phone now 100%. I need to keep doing it and then will re-introduce the 5909s again on my macbook.

Any of you use the multipoint BT capability of the 5909s? Wonder if its just not very smart so its splitting between laptop and phone

Nov 6, 2022 at 11:53 AM Post #523 of 970
OK, multipoint is definitely the issue. I added the 5909s to my macbook again and it stops working. So here is what happens:
1) connect 5909s to android phone and macbook
2) power off 5909
3) power on 5909
4) check if connected to both devices
5) play spotify on phone - audio doesn't work
6) disconnect 5909 on macbook, audio starts working on 5909 😡

Nov 6, 2022 at 12:48 PM Post #524 of 970
You don't need to disconnect the 5909 from the MacBook. You need to select MacBook speakers from menubar. After both should work. My experience was that after doing this a few times, it "learned" how to do it on its own. I drove me crazy for a while, but now it works just fine. Odd. It's like the multipoint needed exercise.

Nov 6, 2022 at 1:20 PM Post #525 of 970
You don't need to disconnect the 5909 from the MacBook. You need to select MacBook speakers from menubar. After both should work. My experience was that after doing this a few times, it "learned" how to do it on its own. I drove me crazy for a while, but now it works just fine. Odd. It's like the multipoint needed exercise.
I wasn't sure what you were talking about so I started playing around with this setting on my Mac below. What's interesting is that when I turn on the 5909s, it defaults the input to the BT (makes sense). No audio comes out of spotify... the minute I change it to Mac Microphone, music starts playing from my phone. OR I can also make the audio work by just clicking out "Output" and not mess around with the Input.

I have yet figured out how to make this just work without messing about.

Screenshot 2022-11-06 at 12.12.52 PM.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back