Mark Levinson № 5909 headphone
Mar 3, 2024 at 2:33 AM Post #946 of 970
Well at least I know I’m not crazy. Mind have been sitting on the shelf as well. I think I’m gonna pull them out and give them some time and see what happens. Maybe the same thing might happen for me They’re just a good sounding headphone and it’s a waste that you can’t take full advantage of what they can do.
Have you toggled off the on on ear detection in your app? I’ve read of others having the same issue and resolving it that way.

Mar 3, 2024 at 9:11 PM Post #947 of 970
i had a VERY early edition 5909, and i had similar strangeness on phone calls only. the first firmware update that came out fixed it. if would check your app to see if what you have it up to date.

Mar 4, 2024 at 3:02 AM Post #949 of 970
i had a VERY early edition 5909, and i had similar strangeness on phone calls only. the first firmware update that came out fixed it. if would check your app to see if what you have it up to date.
The updated nothing it’s still the same problem. Also that had detection turned off that didn’t work from the jump Street.

Mar 5, 2024 at 6:09 AM Post #950 of 970
Have had my new 5909s for a few weeks now and am enjoying them very much, and especially enjoying playing around with passive mode + Mojo 2.

For my 5909 + Mojo 2 bros, I'm interested to know what EQ settings you use with these headphones? I find the bass a little light when listening to hip-hop or techno, so tend to shelf up the lower and mid bass (red and yellow lights), with a small bump in the high treble (blue light). For classical and rock they sound great as they are, so I do not play much with the EQ for those genres.

What adjustments do others make, if any?

Mar 8, 2024 at 10:57 AM Post #951 of 970
Just on a long haul flight from the UK to Melbourne (via Dubai), and this has been my first use of the 5909s on a flight. What can I say? Stunning, whether connected Bluetooth to my s24U or connected via a wire and the supplied flight adapter to Emirate's ICE system. ANC has done a brilliant job of cancelling out engine and cabin noise, and they've been super comfortable too. I've worn them for about 14 hours, on and off. Very pleased indeed.

Is good seeing that you're very happy with your 5909.

Is a pity seeing that after 2 years of release this very excellent headphone still isn't receiving the attention that is definitely deserving.

Mar 8, 2024 at 2:34 PM Post #952 of 970
Is good seeing that you're very happy with your 5909.

Is a pity seeing that after 2 years of release this very excellent headphone still isn't receiving the attention that is definitely deserving.
+1. I’m also the very happy owner of a red (stunning!) 5909. I bought it lightly used on eBay ($600, July 2022) and have had zero issue with it. I use it around the house—won’t take it out—and it’s my preferred headphones alongside the DCA Aeon 2 Noire.
:ksc75smile: :ksc75smile: :ksc75smile: :ksc75smile:

Mar 9, 2024 at 3:34 PM Post #953 of 970
I recently managed to get a hold of a Meze 109. It sounds great with a portable dac. But there is something about the 5909 using the BT W5 on Blue tooth that is just sublime. I have to say that, even wireless, the 5909 is just wonderful compared with the Meze. I know that might sound funny, but it's not to my musical ears. This is with a MBP M2 as my source.
:)

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2024 at 6:24 PM Post #955 of 970
i've been charging these for 2 hours. light still looks amber. On the app, the charge still shows 29%. Not sure it's charging. Any suggestions or input?
Two hours is more than enough for 5909s to fully charge. I think you have two options: factory reset (see user guide how) and discharging them completely so that battery controller is sort of reset.

Mar 9, 2024 at 6:35 PM Post #957 of 970
All of a sudden the app picks up 100%. Thanks for your advice. Appreciated. Had me going there for a moment. So how long to charge? The light just went green. A little over 2 hours.
I haven't measured it here, but my overall impression that it takes a bit less than 2 hours to charge from 10% to 100%. Maybe power source has an effect. Nevertheless that's doesn't really matter if they actually charge in your case.

Mar 12, 2024 at 5:57 AM Post #959 of 970
Had these about two weeks now. I have loved ANC for over a year now. It is like a get away from all external noises and so relaxing.
I was really happy when I found that the ANC on the 5909 is great for my usage at home.
I really like the sound stage where it is pushed out and to the sides. Best stage on a bluetooth head phone that I own.
The sound of these is really great too. I was very fortunate to get these for a great price second hand and in immaculate condition.
My fav ANC cans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back