Maritime mini meet (Canada)
May 22, 2007 at 10:40 PM Post #121 of 144
Quote:

Originally Posted by edisonwu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi, Phil,

Please bring it to us. I can't do anything with the DA10 without your DVD player.

Due to my having to work on the weekend the DVD player is the one item I might not be able to bring because my wife will want it for the kids and for herself when I'm not around.

May 22, 2007 at 10:59 PM Post #122 of 144
Quote:

Originally Posted by elnero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Due to my having to work on the weekend the DVD player is the one item I might not be able to bring because my wife will want it for the kids and for herself when I'm not around.

It's so pity. But don't be worried about us, we can figure it out. Are you going to show up at the meeting?

May 22, 2007 at 11:03 PM Post #123 of 144
Yes, I should be able to sneak out of work for a little while. As I mentioned in an earlier post I'll make sure my E500's, tips from Sugarfried and the AE-2 (provided it arrives on time) are there even if I'm not.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 24, 2007 at 1:56 AM Post #125 of 144
I didn't see it mentioned, what time are we looking at for beginning? Trying to figure out what Ferry to take there and back. The 8AM looks best for me. It would put me on PEI at around 9:30AM. And I can take either the 4:30 or 7:30 home. Probably the 7:30 unless we started very early.

Matt,
Can I get full directions from the Ferry to your place? Last time I had Phil as a guide. Oh, and I don't suppose you have an extra computer monitor laying around? Just trying to reduce stuff I have to bring.

Thanks,
Justin

May 24, 2007 at 6:46 AM Post #126 of 144
Hi J/M;

Arrival and departure times for the meet are totally flexible. Come when you want, and leave when conveneint. I remember timing my life around car ferries too!

I have monitors we can use. Macintosh, but should work on PC as well.

I'll post directions in next day or two. I don't drive, so will have to get my wife to figure out the route.

May 24, 2007 at 9:47 PM Post #127 of 144
May 25, 2007 at 10:12 PM Post #128 of 144
Hi all;

We have a few MIA items. Headroom sent two boxes of goodies, but only one cleared customs in time to get here for the event. Not Headroom's fault-they sent the stuff in plenty of time, and it disappeared into the black maw that is customs. Headroom has been a treat to deal with. Customer relations are first rate.

BUT, the one box contains a maxed out home balanced amp. It looks wonderful, and I look forward to listening to it with all of you. It's resting safely in my office, and I'll get it installed early Sunday morning.

A few other no shows. After initial enthusiasm, Xenos stopped replying to my emails and did not send samples of their amps. A pity, as they I ws really looking forward to demoing them.

Outlaw audio's promise of a demo 2150 receiver did not come through. I hope they shread the loan agreement and credit card info I sent them!

We have GS1000s, and some wonderful power cords to play with as well. Sunday wil be a fun day!

Drive safe everyone. I'll have chili and junk food, if you want pop or beer, please bring your own.

M

May 25, 2007 at 10:28 PM Post #129 of 144
I'll be bringing my PC for sure now and I'll try to bring my Pioneer Universal player but no promises on that one.

My PC uses Foobar and has a large library with quality ranging from 192 mp3 to lossless. If you have something in paritcular you want to hear, you can bring it on a DVD-R and I'll be happy to set it up for that. The soundcard is an M-Audio Revolution with a digital coax out, the output is not bit-perfect. I can't notice a difference but someone more discerning might want to know that. The digital coax out could be split but I don't have any splitters at the moment so if anyone has them that'd be great.

Both my DACs will be there. The Musical Fidelity X-DAC will actually be for sale ($200 CAD OBO or interesting trades) if anyone wants it, the optical input doesn't work on it only the coax). The only restrction on my Monica DAC is that it needs to stay next to my power supply and Millet (which also runs on that supply) so if you want to test just the DAC you'll have to bring your gear over to my stack.

May 25, 2007 at 10:50 PM Post #130 of 144
I'm just getting back into work, no AE-2 in the mail today either so it's going to miss the meet as well. Customs is really kickin' the crap out of us.
frown.gif

May 26, 2007 at 9:09 AM Post #131 of 144
I have a few power bars, but if you can take one, it might come in handy.

Ann's cooking chili
Matt's teaching Jack to shake a paw

May 26, 2007 at 12:02 PM Post #132 of 144
Hey folks

D-day is here, looking forward to meeting y'all tomorrow. Here's the lowdown on the hardware I'm chuggin along:

Philips DVP642: Nothing spectactular, but works pretty good, plays DVD/CD/MP3
Beresford MKII: DAC, takes 4 digital inputs, HP out, 2 RCA outs
CKIII2 Amp: Two HP outs
Desktop PIMETA

I'll bring along a power strip as well, and obviously headphone gear. I'm driving over, and I believe Kean and Edison are coming along with. I think this time, Justin is closer to PEI and he's ferry'ing it over. Anyone else want to tag along, probably have room for one more for someone in the HFX area.

On a side note, yeah it's a shame some items didn't show, I was curious about the Xenos as well; esp. since they're based in Canada I believe. But regardless, the gear isn't what makes the meet a blast; all you need is a few crazy Head-Fi'ers
wink.gif

-Brian

May 26, 2007 at 1:57 PM Post #134 of 144
Quote:

Originally Posted by adanac061 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How long would you say the drive from hfx going over the bridge would be??

About 3.5 hours.

May 26, 2007 at 10:04 PM Post #135 of 144
I'll be bringing these stuff tomorrow:

-Balanced hd600
-Extra balanced cable if there are other senns in the meet
-Balanced to stereo converter
-lappie + edison's emu 1616m
-hdd with some music in it
-my balanced amp
-2 pairs of balanced cable

Unfortunately, the PPA will not be appearing in the meet, and I also dont have enough time to get my other friend's balanced CKIII done in time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back