Maritime mini meet (Canada)
May 14, 2007 at 8:55 PM Post #106 of 144
Hi all;

I'd mentioned earlier that Black Sands was sending a prototype of a new power cord-we'll be the first to try it out.

today I learned that Headroom will be sending a prototype of the new desktop portable.

We're gonna have fun!

M

May 14, 2007 at 9:01 PM Post #107 of 144
Jody Crane, of Brooklyn Audio in Dartmouth sent a package of goodies that arrived today. Some gorgeous Kubala-Sosna interconnects and power cords. There's also a Nola interconnect that looks like a fine crafted artwork.

I think all of you will be impressed.

thanks again Jody for your support.

May 15, 2007 at 9:37 PM Post #108 of 144
Maureen at Etymotics will be sending a goodie package of eartips for the ER 4 series of phones. I own the ER-4S and 4P, and now everyone can try them with fresh tips.

You can learn more about Etymotics at www.etymotic.com

Thanks Moe!

May 16, 2007 at 8:51 PM Post #109 of 144
John of Black Sand cables sent three power cords for us to demo. I've not had a chance to play with them, but all look well crafted. One looks like it should be inside the engine bonnet of aa AC Cobra. Gorgeosu stuff.

Thanks John!

May 18, 2007 at 9:21 PM Post #110 of 144
Thanks to Audio Group in Quebec and Brooklyn Audio in Nova Scotia for the loan of a pair of GS1000s.

I was able to try these phones last night, and they are amazing-I think all of you will be impressed. The sound is definately Grado, but there's a tube-y warmth I associate with my recabled 650s.

I'll leave it to you experts to describe the sound-I'm a visual guy.

thanks Jody and Michel!

May 18, 2007 at 9:25 PM Post #111 of 144
Thanks to Sarah Tremblay of SF Marketing for sending us foamies to demo the 500 and 530 Shure IEMs.

I'll see we all get a pair of foamies to test drive the shures.

May 18, 2007 at 9:31 PM Post #112 of 144
Moe at Etymotics has sent a box with samples of all ety foamies, and enough ETY Plug hearing protectors for all us to sample.

I know all of you will enjoy listening to the ER-4 P and S.

May 19, 2007 at 11:30 PM Post #113 of 144
7 days and counting (almost) ........
biggrin.gif
rs1smile.gif

May 19, 2007 at 11:39 PM Post #114 of 144
Quote:

Originally Posted by adanac061 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
7 days and counting (almost) ........
biggrin.gif
rs1smile.gif

Does that mean you're going to make it?

May 19, 2007 at 11:49 PM Post #116 of 144
Unfortunately I just realized that the Beta version of the game we're working on is due on the 28th which means unless some miracle occurs we're probably going to be working most of the weekend so it looks like I may only be able to make a brief appearance. If that's the case though I'll make sure my gear is at Matthew's for everyone to listen to.

May 21, 2007 at 12:25 AM Post #118 of 144
Quote:

Originally Posted by mackay maus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi all;

I'll try and figure out how to do a google map thing in the next day or two.

Try Google Earth. It will show you the exact way from one place to another. Pretty Cool stuff.

May 22, 2007 at 8:18 PM Post #119 of 144
Hi All;

Looking forward to seeing you all on Sunday, May 27th at my house on 67 Ambrose Street. My phone is 367-5375.

As to when we'll start, I'm storing all the stuff in my office at work (UPEI has better security than I do!), and will pick it up Sunday morning. I'll be back and have everything fired up by 10amish, but Ann and jack will be here, so drop in whenever you want.

I'm looking forward to another friendly, no snobbery allowed event, and my wife makes great chili! And the really exciting news is that Jack has learned to shake a paw! How can mere headphones compete with dog tricks?

Be great to see old friends and make new ones.

M

May 22, 2007 at 8:21 PM Post #120 of 144
Not everything promised has arrived, and I fear some items may not materialize. If any of you are making a special trip to play with a particular item I'd asked for, please contact me Friday night-I'll have the final list posted here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back