Maritime mini meet (Canada)
Jan 29, 2007 at 7:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 144

mackay maus

500+ Head-Fier
Hello everyone;

I've been chatting with edison and we're wondering if head-fiers in the maritimes would like to get together for another mini meet.

The last one was a blast, featuring Jack the corgi, a Bose wave radio, and, compliments of Edison, the worlds biggest, power cord!

So let's do it again.

As to where and when, April or May works best for Edison, and location can either be back at my place on PEI, or wherever is most convenient for everyone. I'm flexible

FYI-Lobster season starts May 1 on PEI.

Hope we can all get together! Here's a link to the 1st get together. I'm sure we are all ten pounds heavier now!

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showth...light=maritime

M

Jan 29, 2007 at 7:36 PM Post #2 of 144
Thanks Matthew
smily_headphones1.gif

Guys please leave your thought or suggestion to the second meeting. Time and location are subject to change, up to all of you.

Feb 4, 2007 at 7:14 PM Post #6 of 144
Quote:

Originally Posted by brn80 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll be around all summer, so April or May works for me too. We seem to have a few more Headfiers around here, so should be good.

smily_headphones1.gif

Happy to hear that, Brian. hav't seen you for long since last met at Kean's.

Feb 4, 2007 at 7:24 PM Post #7 of 144
Quote:

Originally Posted by mackay maus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Elnero can't get off island, but could attend on PEI.

I can travel to PEI. No problem for me
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 5, 2007 at 10:48 AM Post #8 of 144
Great to see some folks interested in mini-meeting. Location is flexible, but if we decide to do PEI, I'm more than happy to host at my sonic temple. Happy to supply pop and chili, and I'll talk Saint Ann (my wife) into making her famous cornbread.

I will remind everyone that I have a cat and dog, in case anyone has allergies.

I will contact some of the manufactures and see if we can get some demo models of new toys for the hoedown.

Thanks everyone for your interest.

M

Feb 7, 2007 at 3:36 AM Post #9 of 144
Quote:

Originally Posted by mackay maus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Great to see some folks interested in mini-meeting. Location is flexible, but if we decide to do PEI, I'm more than happy to host at my sonic temple. Happy to supply pop and chili, and I'll talk Saint Ann (my wife) into making her famous cornbread.

I will remind everyone that I have a cat and dog, in case anyone has allergies.

I will contact some of the manufactures and see if we can get some demo models of new toys for the hoedown.

Thanks everyone for your interest.

M

eggosmile.gif
eggosmile.gif
eggosmile.gif

Feb 12, 2007 at 3:42 AM Post #10 of 144
hi guys, my parents will be coming in May for my convocation, and I believe they may be looking to visit PEI during their time here in NS. The convocation is @ May 25 and they will be here for some time. We'd be planning some tour around NS and possibly PEI, so if the time and venue can be determined before May, I'd try to blend it into my schedule. My father would be pretty interested in giving some headphone setup a try. I'd be a good time to convince him to get a good headphone setup himself. Justin is currently working in ON and he should be back sometime in May as well. The exam dates are out and I'd be happy to confirm my last exam date sometime these days.

Feb 12, 2007 at 7:17 AM Post #11 of 144
Oh man, not again! I was away at school last year during the Maritime meet, and it looks like I will be again this year too. I won't be back in New Brunswick until the first week of July, but I promise that one day I'll make it to one of these.

Feb 12, 2007 at 12:44 PM Post #12 of 144
Hi all;

Great to see all the interest. I've contacted a few companies about demos-nothing back yet.

As for a date, if we decide on PEI, any date is good for Phil and me. Perhaps folks could list the weekend that would work best for them, and we'll go from there.

M

Feb 15, 2007 at 1:36 PM Post #13 of 144
Quote:

Originally Posted by SethStoddart /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey!
I'm maritimes and I'd be in bigtime for a meet! I'd love to see some good gear around the area!

Hey Seth,
This is Justin Ward. You play paintball in the valley right? I think I sold you my Paradigm Titans and reciever a while back? Hope to see you at a meet sometime.

Everyone,
For me, early May is best. I finish my job in Ontario on April 20th or so.

Once I build the Monica 2 DAC, I will have an entirely different rig than last time for you guys to audition
smily_headphones1.gif

Location is not important to me, I can make it to PEI, Halifax or anywhere in between.

Feb 15, 2007 at 9:34 PM Post #14 of 144
Hello everyone;

Alberto at Xenos has kindly offered the loan of a X1HA-EPC and X0HA-REP to evaluate during our mini-meet.

These look like interesting units and I look forward to putting them through thier paces. I'm a sucker for battery powered amps.

You can read more about these machines at:
X1HA-EPC http://www.aptecpro.com/Xenos-Prod/X...pec-sheet.html
X1HA-EPT http://www.aptecpro.com/Xenos-Prod/X...pec-sheet.html

Thanks Alberto for your quick response-I hope you're digging out of that nasty blizzard in Ontario

Feb 16, 2007 at 1:36 PM Post #15 of 144
Ivy at HeadRoom has offered to loan us a Desktop amp and some of the portible line to demo at our Maritime Meet.

All of us here know HeadRoom's great products and support for our hobby.The new desktop line will be especially fun to demo.

http://www.headphone.com/products/he...-desktop-line/

Thanks to HeadRoom for your support!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back