1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Marantz SA-10 CD Player

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by PatekBruguetMogul, Oct 3, 2019.
First

Back
Next

Last
  1. ctemkin
  2. PatekBruguetMogul
    I really like it, however i have never had or listened to any other CD Players before so really nothing to compare it with. Sure seems to be of very nice quality and built extremely well. I think you also have one and your thoughts plus what amp are you using..?

3. riverred105
    For previous poster:

[​IMG]

Pokemonn likes this.
  4. gimmeheadroom
    Looks great, congrats! But I hope that was not 8000 USD :dt880smile:

You could probably get a leftover Oppo 205 for around 2-2.5 thousand euros...

5. PatekBruguetMogul
    Yes it was just a click over $8000.00 USD with the AudioQuest RCA Jumper Cables and overnight delivery plus sales tax..Yup sure was..

6. gimmeheadroom
    YOW! Sorry about your wallet! :D

PatekBruguetMogul likes this.
  7. gimmeheadroom
    It seems like it has hugely good ratings. It's a boatload of money but it looks like you got one of the best SACD players :) So enjoy it and give us your long-term impressions!

8. vcoheda Contributor
    looks like a killer unit -- nice set up!

9. PatekBruguetMogul
    About a month ago I was wanting to get me a nice headphone setup and this is what I ended up with.. 3 Amps and 3 sets of headphones..

4F64FAF3-3C3C-47C4-9573-68189BDDC0AC.jpeg 9C8D6F33-3E47-4F1D-B896-A77D6B162159.jpeg 75AB7FAE-3D5D-4007-A835-AEE980DC5ABA.jpeg B6B83450-4880-4136-B482-3A20D5C05D6A.jpeg E22EA913-EC2C-4CE5-95A9-A422DA807E42.jpeg

gimmeheadroom likes this.
  10. Thenewguy007
    How does the headphone out of the SA-10 compare to the Woo WA5 & McIntosh?

11. vcoheda Contributor
    going all in, i see. choice is nice.

i would love to get some new audio toys, but no discretionary income at the moment, so i collect music instead, which is far cheaper.

12. protoss
    @PatekBruguetMogul

Maybe its too late and you wont like to hear it. I just have to mention it after looking at your pictures.

Sell everything and get BHSE + SR-009 and keep the SA-10.

Your headphones and ampilfers sound signature screams SR-009.

13. PatekBruguetMogul
    SELL..? Your kidding right..? I just bought all my brand new stuff and sure as heck am not selling a thing. if I am lacking something i will just add it. No need to sell something here to swing something else..:)

14. protoss
    @PatekBruguetMogul

The BHSE + 009 is around 10K . It is the same price as all your headphones and that Woo Amp.

Unless you have another 10K to spend? You can not add a 009 to what you have because it is Estats. You need to build a new system set up.

What I am trying to say is, the BHSE + 009 is way more superior in sound quality than what you currently have with the same similar sound signature.

No hate :) just another suggestion

Let's just say I understand your current set up :p
    Got some Sophia tubes action going on.
    9940460_l.jpg

Last edited: Oct 20, 2019
  15. PatekBruguetMogul
    First off you better do the math again as you are way off and 2nd I told you what i would be doing about selling things I just bought... I don't think you quite get it..:)

First

Back
Next

Last