Marantz 2265 B Knob Sounds/Crackle/Problem
Dec 10, 2007 at 12:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

WalkGood

1000+ Head-Fier
My Marantz 2265B is starting to have problems, I’m guessing it’s the connection within the knobs, sounds like static/crackle. I think it misses the electrical connection and I would think the knobs would need to be replaced, but AFAIK there are no parts for an old unit like this (it's about 35 + years old). In the past I've cleaned them and it's worked, but not any more. At the moment I'm not using it as I fear damage to the speakers? What do you think should I do - look for a solution to get it fixed or shop for a new receiver/amp? If I should get it fixed, can anyone recommend someone who does this type of work in South Florida (Fort Lauderdale or Miami Area)? Thanks in advance for any of your thoughts…

Dec 10, 2007 at 12:21 AM Post #2 of 5
It's not the volume knob that needs replacing, it's the potentiometer that needs cleaning or replacement.

And there used to be an Ebay member who offered refurbishment services for older Marantz gear. I haven't looked in well over a year so you'll have to search around and see what you find.

Dec 10, 2007 at 1:24 AM Post #4 of 5
At worst, you will have to substitute in a new potentiometer. The good news is that they are available and should not be that difficult of a job.

That is an excellent piece of gear - you should fix it up and keep using it.

Dec 10, 2007 at 1:40 AM Post #5 of 5
Thanks Uncle Erik, you guys are great, making me feel better not to go w/new gear
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back