Make the change—with one tiny wire.FiiO Headphone cable- RC-X will be in the market
Sep 13, 2014 at 6:34 AM Post #151 of 167
Hmm so far usually the shures have connector problems in my experience as they're the more stressed part when used and taken off :) at least for my case. Hope you find the root cause though.
But check with the shop maybe they can replace it for you in any case new items should be easier to replace :)

Thanks man, I went back to where I bought it and they couldn't replicate the problem, it's most likely the cable. Going to email FiiO and get a replacement :)

Sep 14, 2014 at 8:41 AM Post #152 of 167
Selling my RC-SE1 cable, brand new, just don't like the color of it. Giving it away cheap, PM me for more info.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/734450/fiio-rc-se1-for-shure-se-iems-cable-brand-new-worldwide-shipping

Sep 15, 2014 at 12:55 AM Post #153 of 167

Damn this cord is sexy paired with the L16 cord, sounds good too
gs1000.gif

EDIT - the left driver is easier to spin around than the right... I'm worried, only had these IEMs for 2 weeks.

Mine do the same, but my right is easier to spin then the left, Mine hasn't cut out yet but it has only been about an hour :p

Sep 28, 2014 at 9:18 AM Post #155 of 167
I've been using my fiio rc se1 for about a month now to my shure se535 (clear). I bought it because my stock cable is already oxidizing and it makes me sad everytime i see its poor state.
With or without sound improvement was actually ok with me as long as i see my se535 sexy again, besides I really dont think that there would be any difference in the sound quality. I dont believe about improvement in sound quality just by simply changing its cable -- until -- my own ears heard it.

The bass are now tighter and has more impact, the soundstage a bit wider, highs are clearer and the overall sound became a bit more crisp and detailed.
In contrary, I would say that these improvements did not "wow" me, i mean, yea it sounds better than before but its really not that much of a difference but dont get me wrong I am happy with the sound improvement especially the bass. And besides with a price of only Php1,400 (do the math) i think it is worth it.

Keep in mind three things about this cable though:
1. I think the connection is somewhat a bit loose that at some point, my music gets on-off especially if i turn my head abruptly or if purposely wiggle the cable.

2. The 2 inch-plasticky-memory-thingy is sometimes not comfortable when its edge touches the back of my ear.

3. When my music is off there is the microphonics that is amazingly annoying.

Like: A new cool look to my Shure se535 and a bit overall sound improvement.

Dislike: As mentioned above :p

Sir where did you bought your cable. Its in peso. Im also from.philippines. The egghead is selling it for Php. 2990.
Thanks

Jan 15, 2015 at 8:54 PM Post #157 of 167
Can somebody confirm whether the pins on the RC-WT1 has the exact size diameter as the default westone/epic cable. I asking because I don't want to expand the sockets. 

Feb 11, 2015 at 12:03 AM Post #158 of 167
Has anyone tried rc-wt 1 on CM? Just wonder if it will fit Aurisonics ASG 2.5 :xf_eek:

Feb 12, 2015 at 1:23 AM Post #159 of 167
Has anyone tried the right-angle plug versions of these?

http://www.amazon.com/FiiO-RC-WT2-Re-Cable-Westone-Earphones/dp/B00OYMSBDS

I'm guessing they are the same deal other than the plug.

Feb 12, 2015 at 9:16 AM Post #160 of 167
Other than the 90 degree plug, the circumference of the ear piece connectors on WT2 is smaller than WT1 which resemble those of Westone Pro Series

May 17, 2015 at 11:17 PM Post #161 of 167
Hey all - anyone know what the microphonics are like when paired with some Shure SE's?  I recently switched from the aurisonics rockets because it sounded like the jack and the beanstalk giants were stomping around whenever I took a step since the cable was stupidly microphonic.  I was in the market for something braided but a little thinner than the stock Shure cable, but I don't wanna go back to a super microphonic cable...

Thanks

May 19, 2015 at 9:17 PM Post #163 of 167
I'm using it with some SE215's and can confirm that it is pretty bad when the cable is rubbing/knocking against itself , but when it is stretched out to max length they aren't too noticeable.  I also think the length and comfort of this cable is well above the stock so the trade-off is worth it.

Jan 8, 2016 at 9:43 AM Post #165 of 167
I have Etymotic ER4P IEMs. I have already sent them in once for re-cabling/rebuild and have been frustrated with the audiophonics of the stock cable.

Today I ordered the shure cable adapters for the ER4's. Anyone have any experience with the Fiio cable on ER4's? Is the cord noise reported better/worse/same as the etymotic stock cables?

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back