Magaosi K5
Jul 25, 2019 at 1:44 AM Post #181 of 197
I have my review up on the Magaosi DQ4 at the Chi-Fi thread (Chinese-Asian-brand-IEM-INFO) for the latest on DQ4! :punch::smile:
:point_right: ...Just go to page #25019

HTB1SGHEdlWD3KVjSZKPq6yp7FXat(2).jpg

Though, there's the Magaosi ****, which is a gamer's dream earphone! ...I opted for the Magaosi DQ4, which is more of my style of switching between DD and BA!

The DQ4 is a combination of DD and BA, while the **** is an all BA setup.

4 OPTION TUNING SWITCH:
Magaosi DQ4
1. High Resolution
2. Enhanced Low Frequency
3. Enhanced Voice
4. Enhanced Sense of Atmosphere

Magaosi ****
1. High Resolution
2. Gaming
3. Equalized
4. Pop

Hope this gives an idea which one is best for you...!

-Clear :wink:

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2019 at 5:27 PM Post #182 of 197
The best from Magaosi to date for me - **** (Have not tried the DQ4 though). I like how it has a more forward upper midrange than the K6.

Agreed. The NF3U has a detailed sound with articulate top end. The bass may not be full-bodied enough for some but it is very quick. Enjoy your NF3U!
Hey man, have you reviewed the **** yet, and I just missed it? I just ordered the DQ4 and am very interested in the **** as well.

Jul 26, 2019 at 5:38 PM Post #183 of 197
It’s gonna start getting confusing with there being (2) **** now lol

Like in this example, see if you can guess which time I’m taking about the Magaosi ****, and which time I’m talking about the ‘other’ **** (that has the ceramic driver):

So, I just got my **** today, and let me tell you I love it. My **** was my favorite daily driver, but I think the **** is much better and is my new favorite. The **** has that punchy bass I love, but it can sound artificial at times. The ****, however, sounds so natural especially with stringed instruments. The only downside is that the ****’s sound stage isn’t as wide as the **** (which has a huge sound stage). Either way, I like both the **** and the ****, but for different reasons.

Haha

Jul 26, 2019 at 5:48 PM Post #184 of 197
It’s gonna start getting confusing with there being (2) **** now lol

Like in this example, see if you can guess which time I’m taking about the Magaosi ****, and which time I’m talking about the ‘other’ **** (that has the ceramic driver):

So, I just got my **** today, and let me tell you I love it. My **** was my favorite daily driver, but I think the **** is much better and is my new favorite. The **** has that punchy bass I love, but it can sound artificial at times. The ****, however, sounds so natural especially with stringed instruments. The only downside is that the ****’s sound stage isn’t as wide as the **** (which has a huge sound stage). Either way, I like both the **** and the ****, but for different reasons.

Haha
This is great!

Jul 26, 2019 at 9:50 PM Post #185 of 197
Hey man, have you reviewed the **** yet, and I just missed it? I just ordered the DQ4 and am very interested in the **** as well.
Hey not yet. Having heard both the **** & DQ4, **** is better in terms of resolution and soundstage. Cheers!

Jul 27, 2019 at 2:33 PM Post #186 of 197
No, I decided to just get the DQ4 according to the "tuning options" and the DD and BA combo, which I personally found interesting. I was given the choice to choose one, but I've decided for the DQ4. It was just personal preference by choice. But, Magaosi does tell me that they are both excellent choices!...My friend owns the Magaosi **** here in China, which I also heard as well. Both have excellent "high resolution", but other tuning features does sound different. Again, it's all about personal preference.

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2020 at 1:39 PM Post #187 of 197
Hello guys! I am a fan of magaosi. I like k5 and ****. Now i am thinking to buy x3 or mgs-401. Could someone compare these models with ****? The bass of mgs-401 has the same quantity like **** or it is lighter?

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2020 at 1:31 PM Post #188 of 197
Looks like K5 is getting the love it deserves!! Crin confirm it is a rebranded Shozy BG and he asses the cleanness of the sound:
https://crinacle.com/2020/01/23/magaosi-k5-unboxing/

and there is this nice review from Super *

Personally enjoying my pair, just had to get a new cable because the original one broke.
It does needs a clean and decent source with low noise floor because the sensitivity is high. And the Apple Dongle would make the treble sharp at times. But it is fine with the Meizu dongle. From the redmi note 8. they have a smooth mid centric sound. Sounds very good out of Iphone 6 and SE. Very easy. They are light and comfotable. Overall, they do nothing wrong or annoying. If I could only keep one pair of IEMs below 200USD. that would be it.

Question: Did any did extensive cable rolling with theses? They seems to be kinda sensitive to cables. I usually don't hear a difference but it was quite obvious with theses. I wonder anyone with more experience found the "perfect match" so to say. Thanks.

Apr 22, 2020 at 2:31 PM Post #190 of 197
Wow, glad to hear the K5 is getting the praise it deserves. I got mine out a few days ago believe it or not, and planned on just listening for 1 album. Needless to say, I ended up staying up all night listening to them lol

Apr 23, 2020 at 2:19 AM Post #191 of 197
Looks like K5 is getting the love it deserves!! Crin confirm it is a rebranded Shozy BG and he asses the cleanness of the sound:
https://crinacle.com/2020/01/23/magaosi-k5-unboxing/

and there is this nice review from Super *

Personally enjoying my pair, just had to get a new cable because the original one broke.
It does needs a clean and decent source with low noise floor because the sensitivity is high. And the Apple Dongle would make the treble sharp at times. But it is fine with the Meizu dongle. From the redmi note 8. they have a smooth mid centric sound. Sounds very good out of Iphone 6 and SE. Very easy. They are light and comfotable. Overall, they do nothing wrong or annoying. If I could only keep one pair of IEMs below 200USD. that would be it.

Question: Did any did extensive cable rolling with theses? They seems to be kinda sensitive to cables. I usually don't hear a difference but it was quite obvious with theses. I wonder anyone with more experience found the "perfect match" so to say. Thanks.

I’m wondering if the included black cable is the very first cable? I’ve purchased the new cable model (silver cable) in 2018. It would be interesting if that was the first cable?

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2020 at 9:47 AM Post #193 of 197
I’m wondering if the included black cable is the very first cable? I’ve purchased the new cable model (silver cable) in 2018. It would be interesting if that was the first cable?

I don’t remember the original wired cable, but it had problems.

Magaosi immediately revised it by adding a new cable (a silver/copper mix cable). That was the 2.0 Upgrade Edition that I have. I don’t know what cable they are including nowadays.

It was also offered with a Bluetooth cable (which was black).

Nov 26, 2020 at 3:49 AM Post #194 of 197
Magaosi K5 V2 Stock Cable MrWalkman DMP -Z1 emulation #2 Sony Hybrid Tips "Japan Region" Sony Walkman 1A

Posting a review, hence some "love photos"..........maybe up in a day or two? Review concerns itself with new firmware bringing a new character of unexpected dynamics and correction to the K5.

Cheers!
cover.jpg
DSC_0051.jpg
DSC_0020.jpg
DSC_0052.jpg
DSC_0055.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2020 at 1:32 AM Post #195 of 197
Treble:
Make no mistake this is considered a bright IEM. Folk's will gravitate towards the K5 for the fullness and openness going on. 5 BAs does something here. But..........to be detailed...........what remains is a style of thinness and air without body and density, nonetheless. It's this air that's inviting and relaxing. There is an almost non-dramatic character that seems to sail the music across.....................meandering the way across the LPs.

If there was ever one single word to describe the Magaosi K5.........it would be simply metallic. A single silver shine glossed across everything all the time. I'm not even sure where this silvery-tone would be coming from, but probably the treble? I don't use the word in a derogatory fashion here either. It's just if you were to try and describe the K5, it would be metallic and midrange? :) Due to the style of decay and silveriness, there ends no chance of anything sounding nasal.

Midrange:
This is a very special midrange IEM. The midrange seems to hold the entire signature together. After acclimation, a wonderful expanded soundstage will start to be discovered connected to the midrange. This will always be remembered as a midrange IEM when grabbing it from a range of IEMs. While notes are not the thickest...............it offers a specialized complete replay. The midrange does not come off super forward, nor is it set back. The end result is a kind of subtle confidence and purity that's actually hard to find for under $200. IMO

Soundstage:
Little claps or cymbal spashes never fall that far from home. So with that said it's still not a narrow soundstage in any way. What it is is evenly filled out. Just a balance of sorts. Piano notes seem to effortlessly fall and settle into place.....with enough reverb and "slowness" to sound provocative and real. Violins scale the parameter when mixed there. And even in the center big drums beat their heartbeat and can throb fully independent of the rest due to soundstage and imaging. Still the stage never roams forward or achieves any style of thickness.........ever? It's just a medium left to right placement of everything, but holding a simple truth in positioning. My best word would be polite........it's just this simple preservation of elements. Still outside at times comes the outside reverbs and washes which again add to this predictable and real experience.

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/magaosi-k5.22812/reviews#item-review-24821

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back