Magaosi K5
Mar 5, 2019 at 8:12 PM Post #166 of 197
that measurement is near identical to my k5 measurements. shozy neo bg is 5BA, so both are 5BA chinese oem rebranded, probably.

i don't know about the silver/white, but this black silver plated copper cable hasn't got great conductivity. dc resistance (L+,R+,L-,R-, in mΩ): 546 545 452 478. weight: 24.9g.
not impressive at all
probably, anyway charts only tells one side of the story - but I think in this case I compared both and K6 is probably tuned bit more better.. more musical and not as dry and neo bg

Jun 24, 2019 at 9:38 AM Post #167 of 197
I own the K6 and love it. I was a little surprised at first do to the smoothness, but still reveals a lot of details. Just received my K5Pro Bass and they tuned the bass perfectly to my ears. For me the K5Pro is my favorite iem under $200. I never owned the original K5 or V2, but I am willing to bet that those who liked the K5, but wanted a little more bass, will fall in love with the K5Pro.

Jun 24, 2019 at 2:31 PM Post #168 of 197
I own the K6 and love it. I was a little surprised at first do to the smoothness, but still reveals a lot of details. Just received my K5Pro Bass and they tuned the bass perfectly to my ears. For me the K5Pro is my favorite iem under $200. I never owned the original K5 or V2, but I am willing to bet that those who liked the K5, but wanted a little more bass, will fall in love with the K5Pro.
Would you like to tell me the main differences between K6 and K5Pro, I currently keep K6 (used to own K5).

Jun 24, 2019 at 6:01 PM Post #169 of 197
Ted Presley:The main difference is that the Pro has more lower mid bass and sub bass, but the mid bass does not bleed into the mids at all. A little more musical. The pros shell is a little smaller and lighter, but only available in purple color.

Jun 24, 2019 at 11:57 PM Post #173 of 197
Ted Presley: Forgot to mention that although of great quality, the K6 cable was to stiff to my liking, where as the Pro's cable is very supple with a L plug termination. I prefer a straight termination, but it's not a deal breaker.
I hated the stock cable, I wore for like 2 weeks and it broke. Swamping cables doesn't make alot of difference unless you're getting higher end (> then IEM).
liquidrats: I don't know why either. I own the TFZ Secret Garden 3 and it's underrated also.
That's ok :) Music is for our enjoyment

Jul 18, 2019 at 8:49 AM Post #174 of 197
Whats the next sub $1000 upgrade from the K5? Looking for an iem with good upper mids and treble.

Thinking about the KXXS, TFZ No. 3, ATH-LS200iS, or maybe go straight for the FH7.

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2019 at 9:24 AM Post #175 of 197
Whats the next sub $1000 upgrade from the K5? Looking for an iem with good upper mids and treble.

Thinking about the KXXS, TFZ No. 3, ATH-LS200iS, or maybe go straight for the FH7.

I would at least try the Fearless S6Rui.....6BA for $389.

Jul 22, 2019 at 3:01 AM Post #180 of 197
The best from Magaosi to date for me - **** (Have not tried the DQ4 though). I like how it has a more forward upper midrange than the K6.

photo_2019-07-22_14-54-56.jpg

NF Audio NF3U, I bought it for the upper mids and lower treble. The bass is very good for a all ba iem. Head-Fi has a few reviews which are all good, and hbb gives it a rec also.
Agreed. The NF3U has a detailed sound with articulate top end. The bass may not be full-bodied enough for some but it is very quick. Enjoy your NF3U!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back