Magaosi K5
May 8, 2018 at 6:20 AM Post #121 of 197
My Magaosi K5 didn't come with the bluetooth cable. You can get it with or without bluetooth.

No clue about the other brand, but they are banned anyways so we shouldn't even be mentioning them.

I have not heard of Magaosi private labeling any of their previous IEMs to anyone else for rebrand purposes. The exception is audbos, which was their US "brand" for sale exclusively on Amazon. Although I did hear a rumor that audbos split off and is their own company now. Who knows the truth in that rumor though.

So I would say if you want to be assured of getting the genuine article, get it from Magaosi.

You may want to consider the X3 as well. It's new, and although it has 4xBA instead of 5xBA (ie K5), dhruvmeena96 says the X3 is much better. Maybe shoot him a PM for more info.

X3 only has 3 BAs, it has a better bass than K5 and slightly smaller soundstage. And I also think X3 is a more balance one than K5 :) (I like X3 more).

Jun 27, 2018 at 9:20 PM Post #123 of 197
Playing around with new macro focus lens.

K5-tubes1.jpg K5-internals.jpg

Jun 27, 2018 at 9:29 PM Post #125 of 197
Nice shots!

I sure love my K5.

They have grown on me some. I am finding myself more and more pulled to the Comet though as I just really like the thickness and tonality they have. I find that I can use the K5 for about 2 hours at a time and then am fairly fatigued. I can use the Comet all day at work and not be bothered in the least by it.

Not sure why either as I don't hear a big spike anywhere in the K5 that should cause that.

Jul 13, 2018 at 9:19 AM Post #128 of 197
Last edited:
Jul 13, 2018 at 10:04 AM Post #129 of 197
I think you are correct in your cable assessment as my concerns around the original cable had little to do with trying to improve the sound quality and a lot to do with trying to get them to function properly. The quality of the original batch was just plain atrocious. It may be that batch 2 of the same cable had enough better QC that it is passable if not impressive.

Jul 13, 2018 at 5:28 PM Post #130 of 197
I think you are correct in your cable assessment as my concerns around the original cable had little to do with trying to improve the sound quality and a lot to do with trying to get them to function properly. The quality of the original batch was just plain atrocious. It may be that batch 2 of the same cable had enough better QC that it is passable if not impressive.

May be you’re right. I got no issues with cable

Aug 1, 2018 at 2:28 PM Post #131 of 197
so my left monitors bass BA stopped all of sudden, swapped cables issue persists, thank god I bought these from penon. Penon has shared the HK warehouse address and ill be shipping them tomorrow. Hopefully ill get them back soon

Aug 1, 2018 at 2:39 PM Post #132 of 197
so my left monitors bass BA stopped all of sudden, swapped cables issue persists, thank god I bought these from penon. Penon has shared the HK warehouse address and ill be shipping them tomorrow. Hopefully ill get them back soon

Perhaps they were dropped or knocked onto a hard surface (concrete, granite, ceramic tile, etc)? That will kill a BA driver, especially in a solid shelled like the K5 (since there is nothing to cushion the shock). Sometimes you see BAs mounted in the center of a silicone sleeve, which is designed to isolate them from shock damage.

Who knows though. Hopefully you get them all fixed up!

Dec 8, 2018 at 1:25 AM Post #135 of 197
5579A3AE-7285-4F08-AD2D-CDEDB40185B5.jpeg
64FDB49B-5222-4B4C-807C-2478D27528E9.jpeg
After 200 hours of burn-in, changing cables and getting familiar with the sound; I love these things. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back