Magaosi K3 PRO impressions and discussions thread.
Apr 25, 2017 at 12:47 AM Post #616 of 948
So I just spoke with Jim at NiceHCK and he told me it's basically a matter of old packaging and new packaging.  He also showed me the certificate of authenticity, which is exactly the same as the one @audioIQ posted earlier.

Apr 25, 2017 at 1:53 AM Post #617 of 948
So I just spoke with Jim at NiceHCK and he told me it's basically a matter of old packaging and new packaging.  He also showed me the certificate of authenticity, which is exactly the same as the one @audioIQ
 posted earlier.

Yes. Lillian from DD told me the exact same thing. She said it simply cannot be fake as its sourced directly from magaosi. The certificate that you posted is the same but I noticed the 'registeration number (?)' is different. Its probably a unique ID assigned to every store by magaosi.

Apr 25, 2017 at 4:25 AM Post #618 of 948
Just received an update From Lillian at DD, Here is the official statement from the Parent company (HiLisening) about this issue, You can use google translate to read it : 

http://www.szhlsx.com/industrydetail.shtml?id=127&type=51

Apr 25, 2017 at 5:45 AM Post #619 of 948
Some updates from me as well. My package seems identical to @hemipowered007, @nealh, @SpiderNhan and @drwlf.

Mines are definitely dark grey in color, but under direct sunlight they slightly appear bronzish. As I said in my previous post, I'm also experiencing some problems with cut-outs but on the left earpiece only (with the mic cable and an original **** 4in1 cable I tested with, but almost no cut-outs with the no-mic cbale that the K3 Pro originally came with). And although the drivers seem symmetrical, I hear a slight imbalance between the left and right channel. OOTB they seemed kinda harsh in highs, but definitely sound better than the 4in1, so I doubt they are fake to be honest, just slightly V shaped instead of balanced. Furthermore, the Magaosi text on the headphones seems printed, rather than engraved (although cannot be 100% sure about that, it just seems a bit different in pics compared to some pics I saw, but looks identical to the users listed above).

So the main questions are, could the headphones from the 2nd batch be differently tuned and also have the logo printed on them instead of engraved?

My pair was bought from AK Audio Store, and since experiencing the things listed above, I've been in constant contact with them. They actually have been extremely helpful in resolving the situation (I'll be able to report soon about how that went), and also sent me their certificate as proof:

Apr 25, 2017 at 6:33 AM Post #620 of 948
cool.gif
Maybe my vision is skewed but I can't remember people nit picking apart a pair of fairly inexpensive earphones like this. Are they Working? If so no Problem. If Not send them Back for refund or exchange. Do they sound Great? Then they are legit. No problem. If they Don't? Return them for refund or Exchange. You can't rely on "R" or "TM" or certificates of Authenticity OR reassurances from Sellers on Ali Express or Tao Bao for that matter.

The Chinese have discovered Capitalism and they love it. PLUS they are Masters of Counterfeiture.

If they Work and Sound Great BE HAPPY.   JMHO

deadhorse.gif
deadhorse.gif
TWIN

Apr 25, 2017 at 7:12 AM Post #621 of 948
Well, I have no QC issues, so don't complain. Sound-wise they aren't bad but definitely not up to par with the hype, bit that's not a first being this long on head-fi. Also, I know that when I disagree with the hype I can expect the usual responses that my unit is faulty or amidst the ongoing controversy -  that I got a fake, which I'm sure I didn't. Hell, I even remember once a member, who ended up stating that apparently he got a very early production unit of one iem, which was the best sounding ever and unfortunately everyone else got a different tuned unit and that's why no one else heard what he could hear. So I just say, if someone likes something than good for them, no need to get into conspiracy theories to justify one's opinion. Oh, and sorry for that but as a lawyer I guess I subconsciously wrote this as a preemptive measure against some hate aimed at me.

Btw, I've been listening a bit more to my k3 and it definitely has a nice tone and sweetness, but it is a touch grainy, the bass lacks depth and is not tight enough for my liking. And as far as positioning and accuracy go, it's not particularly impressive. It kinda creates this 3D image with good separation between the instruments and sense of depth but the whole presentation is somewhat off. I guess it's a crossover shortcoming and probably just a matter of proper tuning but the sound is not just about sound signature and tone, but the whole image created together with positioning, layering, etc. 

Apr 25, 2017 at 7:19 AM Post #622 of 948
@kova4a
Your experience is why I so much enjoy this community. I like different views and opinions. It's important, to maintain a balance because it's so easy to get overly excited when someone finds a nice product
Not every product is for everybody. I literally can't hear some of the details that many do. I know if I like something I know if I dislike it. I can often give a sense as to where the problem is to my ears but I can't go not able to break down into subtleties, either due to a lack of knowledge which is a huge part in the ability to literally hear those missing details. Part of it is probably my age

I appreciate your opinion, it's just as important as someone saying they love the product.

Apr 25, 2017 at 7:26 AM Post #623 of 948
cool.gif
kova, no worries. yep some will get their neck hairs all bristled up but it is what it is. This whole forum, not just this thread, is a DISCUSSION platform based on opinions. Just as no 2 people have the same fingerprints, no 2 people hear sound exactly the same way. You are entitled to your own views. I personally feel that they are very good for the price, they aren't exactly TOTL Audiophile IEMs either, nor should they be. Once this happens Budget=TOTL then Head-fi other than news and new product introduction becomes obsolete.

I'm sure some will take offense to this as well. BTW, I am pretty much the person that introduced the K3 to this forum as I had the ORIGINAL K3 without nozzles, well in advance of most, although I didn't originate this thread. Basically I'm to blame for the HYPE.
rolleyes.gif

JMHO

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Apr 25, 2017 at 7:34 AM Post #625 of 948
They're pretty good for the price, the only issue I have is the soundstage is not as wide as I would have liked, but the imaging is excellent. They're Better than most other available options at the $100-130 price range, and thats what matters.. but yes, No where near the Clarity and the SQ of IEM's which cost $400-500. But isn't that a given? Comparing them to IEM's which are more than twice their price is unfair. 

Apr 25, 2017 at 7:49 AM Post #626 of 948
@kova4a
Your experience is why I so much enjoy this community. I like different views and opinions. It's important, to maintain a balance because it's so easy to get overly excited when someone finds a nice product
Not every product is for everybody. I literally can't hear some of the details that many do. I know if I like something I know if I dislike it. I can often give a sense as to where the problem is to my ears but I can't go not able to break down into subtleties, either due to a lack of knowledge which is a huge part in the ability to literally hear those missing details. Part of it is probably my age

I appreciate your opinion, it's just as important as someone saying they love the product.

cool.gif
kova, no worries. yep some will get their neck hairs all bristled up but it is what it is. This whole forum, not just this thread, is a DISCUSSION platform based on opinions. Just as no 2 people have the same fingerprints, no 2 people hear sound exactly the same way. You are entitled to your own views. I personally feel that they are very good for the price, they aren't exactly TOTL Audiophile IEMs either, nor should they be. Once this happens Budget=TOTL then Head-fi other than news and new product introduction becomes obsolete.

I'm sure some will take offense to this as well. BTW, I am pretty much the person that introduced the K3 to this forum as I had the ORIGINAL K3 without nozzles, well in advance of most, although I didn't originate this thread. Basically I'm to blame for the HYPE.
rolleyes.gif

JMHO

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Well, I didn't really expect them to be at TOTL level even with the hype (which wasn't just mild), it's just that IMO there are better sounding iems in the price range. Of course people have different reference points and preferences. Like know I've been delaying my brainwavz b150 review for a very long time and despite the glowing reviews mine won't be particularly positive, but what can I do? Honstly, k3 has issues but it's not bad or anything. My girlfriend really liked it a lot. I guess I'm more critical. The thing is - the new xduoo ep-1 impressed me a bit more. I'm not stating that it's at the same level but I take into account the MSRP and at $100+ the k3 has its work cut out for it as the competition is quite stiff in this price range.

Apr 25, 2017 at 7:59 AM Post #628 of 948
VinceHill24, your case says 1More on it? Or is that a sticker?

Apr 25, 2017 at 8:09 AM Post #629 of 948
VinceHill24, your case says 1More on it? Or is that a sticker?
Oops that's my own 1More Triples sticker. Thought it'd look better with this pouch than with the 1More pouch. And there's a pair of large foam tips missing from here, it's included i lost it. And only 1 pair of cable included which i've modded the memory cable part.

Apr 25, 2017 at 8:24 AM Post #630 of 948
Oops that's my own 1More Triples sticker. Thought it'd look better with this pouch than with the 1More pouch. And there's a pair of large foam tips missing from here, it's included i lost it. And only 1 pair of cable included which i've modded the memory cable part.

I was starting to think if that was a new pair of hybrid "1Moregaosi Triple Pro" or something like this :)))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back