Magaosi K3 PRO impressions and discussions thread.
Apr 24, 2017 at 2:12 PM Post #601 of 948
  I have ordered, but yet to receive them. All I can say, is that I got a pretty good deal, but hearing all the scary stories, i really really hope what I receive will not have the same problems.

Anyone else, ordered from dd-audio, and have received the order?

Yes, I personally think DD-Audio is one of the best sellers on AE, you can msg Lillian and ask about your order, she replies very quick. Its a fairly new store, I've ordered 5-6 different items from them and never had any issues, so I can vouch for them. I got my k3 Pro from them, Came with a silver cable and a mic cable, 2 Filters, and everything else, and it sounds Amazing, No issues with the mmcx whatsoever. I received my order in 3 weeks. 

The new packaging without the R is not fake, DD-Audio source it directly from magaosi and they're authorized dealers, they even sent me their official distribution certificate. 

This is what they sent me after I inquired about this (R) issue, they're also in contact with Magaosi to clarify this confusion: 

Hope this helps, I'm quite satisfied with my purchase. 

Apr 24, 2017 at 2:20 PM Post #602 of 948
  Anyways, I was made aware that some may have the same problems as nealth and I in regards to the amount of insertion needed to have a good seal and finding good a tip that can give a deeper insertion without added discomfort. I am using JVC Spiral Dots and I'm sure all of you are aware that they're pretty short and thus it's hard to get a great fit with the K3 Pro, but by adding a cheap rubber o-ring that is used for mechanical keyboard key caps, you can push the tip forward more and a slight added benefit of giving a better seal all around.

Here are pictures to show what I did and used, you can also see a comparison on the right photo where one is with the o-ring and one is without. Hope this alleviates some of the ear tips problems and comfort issues some of you may be having. Cheers and happy listening!
L3000.gif

That's an awesome idea! I have only ever tried to cut up memory foam earplugs & punch a hole in the center (to create a DIY Sony Hybrid). But I'll have to try your method on a few setups.

BTW, what did you think of the stock silicone tips? They are really heavy duty, and made of very high grade silicone.

Apr 24, 2017 at 2:24 PM Post #603 of 948
Well, If mine are fake, I don't care, they sound fantastic for the price. So far, still not done tip swapping. But I tried the included foams, spiral dots, and the silicone that comes on them already. Right now I swapped to the silver filter, and rocking the stock silicone. Still need some time to tip/filter swap, but I'm really liking these, vocals sound very good. This is all fed with my fiio x3i as a transport only, coax out to my ifi idsd black label. Happy I found this thread, I believe the 1more triple will be sitting on the bench for a while

Apr 24, 2017 at 2:27 PM Post #604 of 948

That's an awesome idea! I have only ever tried to cut up memory foam earplugs & punch a hole in the center (to create a DIY Sony Hybrid). But I'll have to try your method on a few setups.

BTW, what did you think of the stock silicone tips? They are really heavy duty, and made of very high grade silicone.

I like the stock silicone tips that came with K3 Pro, I'm currently using the largest one on my LZ A4 because they gave me the best seal with them. As for the smaller one, I'm using it on my UiiSii Hi905 as my daily earphone that I use alongside my iPhone 7+.

As for purchasing the o-rings, they're super cheap and come in 120pcs. I purchased mine on eBay for $0.73 USD, just search up 'Rubber O-Ring Dampers Keycap' and they'll pop up in great abundance lol.
biggrin.gif

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LOTS-120PCS-White-Rubber-O-Ring-Dampers-Keycap-Mechanical-keyboard-For-Cherry-MX-/371780636163?hash=item568fda4e03:g:NewAAOSw5cNYHC7M

Apr 24, 2017 at 2:36 PM Post #605 of 948
There is a slight brownish tint with sufficient light that I did not see in my apartment.

Apr 24, 2017 at 3:29 PM Post #606 of 948

I like the stock silicone tips that came with K3 Pro, I'm currently using the largest one on my LZ A4 because they gave me the best seal with them. As for the smaller one, I'm using it on my UiiSii Hi905 as my daily earphone that I use alongside my iPhone 7+.

As for purchasing the o-rings, they're super cheap and come in 120pcs. I purchased mine on eBay for $0.73 USD, just search up 'Rubber O-Ring Dampers Keycap' and they'll pop up in great abundance lol.
biggrin.gif

So are you using the Spiral Dots to get additional bass? Or because you didn't like the fit of the stock clear tips on the K3 (even though you like them on te LZ and UiiSii)?

Apr 24, 2017 at 3:35 PM Post #607 of 948
I don't think there are two colors. The gray surface can take on a bronze tint in the right light, throw even more light at it with a flash and it looks even more pronounced. My packaging looks legit and they sound legit. I got mine from HCK.

Apr 24, 2017 at 3:50 PM Post #608 of 948
So are you using the Spiral Dots to get additional bass? Or because you didn't like the fit of the stock clear tips on the K3 (even though you like them on te LZ and UiiSii)?

The smallest stock clear tips were just a tad too big for the comfort and sound that I wanted, like I mentioned the K3 Pro required a deeper insertion for me. The JVC Spiral Dot in MS size is slightly smaller thus allowing me to have a deeper insertion, effectively giving me the benefit of having better comfort and enhanced sound.

Try a smaller tip with a wide bore and test inserting it deeper and see how the sound changes for you. :)

Apr 24, 2017 at 3:51 PM Post #609 of 948
  I don't think there are two colors. The gray surface can take on a bronze tint in the right light, throw even more light at it with a flash and it looks even more pronounced. My packaging looks legit and they sound legit. I got mine from HCK.

Correct. The genuines seem to have this color shifting effect, that look gunmetal grey in some light, and bronze in sunlight.

It's a very unique anodizing that I've never seen before. I've had a few different bronze anodized wheels on my car before, and they were just that - bronze. No grey in some light and bronze in another. I also had a pocket knife that was the same way (no grey; just bronze regardless of the light).

I'm confident that mine are legit. They sure sound legit, smoking everything else I own. And after seeing the same unique color properties (with correctly matching packaging & accessories) that others have posted (including photos from Magaosi and Audbos themselves), I'm even more convinced. Add to that the fact that the seller that I got mine from (even though banned f/HeadFi), cancelled the sale prices for the 7th anniversary when Magaosi forced them to. Illegitimate dealers selling counterfeits would do no such thing. 

Apr 24, 2017 at 4:00 PM Post #610 of 948
Quick question:  I just received my Sainsonic cables, like the ones @SpiderNhan recommended.  I bought both the non-mic'ed and mic'ed versions.  Is there any consensus of wisdom as to which will give better sound quality?  Will having a mic on the cable degrade sound?

Apr 24, 2017 at 4:14 PM Post #611 of 948
Quick question:  I just received my Sainsonic cables, like the ones @SpiderNhan
 recommended.  I bought both the non-mic'ed and mic'ed versions.  Is there any consensus of wisdom as to which will give better sound quality?  Will having a mic on the cable degrade sound?

I've seen many people claim that non-mic cables​ sound better, including headphone companies that sell both mic and non-mic versions of the same headphones. I myself have never noticed much difference, but I haven't had many headphones that offer removable cables.
Since you have both versions of the SainSonic cables you can test this for yourself.

How do they work, btw? Any connection issues?

Apr 24, 2017 at 4:40 PM Post #612 of 948
I've seen many people claim that non-mic cables sound better, including headphone companies that sell both mic and non-mic versions of the same headphones. I myself have never noticed much difference, but I haven't had many headphones that offer removable cables.
Since you have both versions of the SainSonic cables you can test this for yourself.

How do they work, btw? Any connection issues?

From a quick listening, there really doesn't seem to be any discernable difference in sound that my ears can pick out.  The build quality of the cables seem to be about equal, except for the metal Oyaide plug of the non-mic cable which has a significant amount of heft.  There seems to be no connection issues with either.  Both stock and these Sainsonic cables will turn in the socket if you turn them, but so far I haven't had any issues with cutouts.  I've read in other places that MMCX connections tend to be a bit fragile, and cables shouldn't be swapped too frequently as a result.  YMMV of course.

Apr 24, 2017 at 9:29 PM Post #613 of 948
Mine got from same seller and with the same box/accessary as @slaterlovesspam - From banner in "Easy" way. I bought before 7th Anniversary but got  discount 84 usd from him.
I don't think I got fake K3 Pro, the sound is exactly fit with some description here.
For some difference with box - It means Magaosi is not professional enough or at least slower than their development. It relates to quality assurance thing( even they don't have time to change the name "K3 Pro" on outer box.)  . But the IEM inside must be genuine.
Currently I am using it with 3th party cable but with stock cables everything also work well.

Apr 24, 2017 at 10:03 PM Post #614 of 948
  I ordered mine from HotFi store on Alie, and mine is gunmetal grey but does have a very slight bronze tinge to it. It sounds great and I don't have any problems/issues with the mmcx cables/connectors. I did purchase mine about 2 weeks before the anniversary sale. I don't know if this is the authentic or not, but when I asked regarding the 'mic' version the HotFi store responded that what I received was from MaGaosi with it's original packaging and accessories and they did not open it up to change cables. Mine came with the included accessories: 1 carrying case, 2 sets of silver-plated mmcx cables 'without' mic(straight-plug & L-plug), 2 pairs of memory foam tips, 2 pairs of wide bore silicone tips (clear with black stems), and 2 sets of interchangeable filters (dark grey & silver)

Anyways, I was made aware that some may have the same problems as nealh and I in regards to the amount of insertion needed to have a good seal and finding good a tip that can give a deeper insertion without added discomfort. I am using JVC Spiral Dots and I'm sure all of you are aware that they're pretty short and thus it's hard to get a great fit with the K3 Pro, but by adding a cheap rubber o-ring that is used for mechanical keyboard key caps, you can push the tip forward more and a slight added benefit of giving a better seal all around.

Here are pictures to show what I did and used, you can also see a comparison on the right photo where one is with the o-ring and one is without. Hope this alleviates some of the ear tips problems and comfort issues some of you may be having. Cheers and happy listening!
L3000.gif

Wow! You hit the nail with thor's hammer with your insight! ...Not many people know about "spacers", or as you call it "o-ring(s)" to balance out a distinguishable preference in your choice of sound.
Glad you commented on this! ....Cheers!
beerchug.gif

Apr 24, 2017 at 11:08 PM Post #615 of 948
So I received mine from the banned store that rhymes with cheesy today. I think I got a third variation in packaging.

1. No sticker on the outer box.
  2. (R) after Magaosi logo on the outer box.
  3. Gray-ish cardboard with red Magaosi (R) logo and k3 in lowercase.
  4. Black connectors for the silver non-mic cable.

Hmm.

Edit: Mine looks exactly like @hemipowered007 's. See his/her photos here and here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back