Magaosi K3 PRO impressions and discussions thread.
Apr 27, 2017 at 8:43 AM Post #646 of 948
I received my pair of silver k3pro's from beteran store, and they're everything I hoped they would be. They sounded great ootb, but are sounding better and better with every minute of ear time.

Apr 27, 2017 at 9:43 AM Post #647 of 948
I received mine yesterday, bought from the banned store during the sales.
have only unpacked them and attached the cable with the mic.
I think it's dumb that the mic-cable have a straight plug, and the cable without mic has an L-shaped plug.
The fit is not perfect for me so far, the back of the earphone is pressing at my ear, and makes me uncomfortable after a while. will have to try adjusting the fit and tip-roll a bit to see if that helps.
Did your tracking ever update? I bought mine at the same time and my tracking has been stuck at SHENZHEN EMS, Processed Through Facility, Your item has been processed through a facility in SHENZHEN EMS, CHINA at 3:08 pm on April 10, 2017

Apr 27, 2017 at 10:07 AM Post #649 of 948
this new head-fi board...

anyway, are there any other metalheads in this thread? how do you like your k3's for rock/metal stuff?

For me the bass is not tight enough and a bit slow and soft on the impact. Also, male vocals are a bit pushed back. K3 is decent for this type of music but wouldn't be my first choice.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2017 at 12:38 PM Post #651 of 948
I don't like them a whole lot for metal. They just don't seem fast enough. The vocal portion can be recessed unless it's slower paced music. When the vocals can take priority they sound awesome, unfortunately they get shoved way back during any heavy or very detailed passages. I may already be on my way to selling mine because of this. I listen to a lot of prog rock and metal, and they shine in some areas, but overall they aren't great for it.

Apr 27, 2017 at 2:56 PM Post #653 of 948
Received it today. It's not grey, not gun metal, it's BRONZE in all lighting conditions. Default tips don't fit well. Changed them to KZ starline tips for better fit. Was accustomed to MEMT X5's sound signature over couple of weeks. Suddenly all missing details start appearing. Matches sound signature of KZ ZST. Found it bit harsh on few recordings.
Sound cut off problem on left earpiece is a PITA.

Apr 27, 2017 at 3:02 PM Post #654 of 948
thanks for the feedback, guys. any faster suggestions in the same price range would be appreciated.
honestly, if you like your bass stronger I would say xduoo ep1. Its bass is very strong but super tight and snappy and slays. If you want something more neutral I wouls suggest vsonic gr07 or brainwavz r3. for chrsper options I eouls suggest vsonic vsd3s or 5s

Apr 27, 2017 at 3:15 PM Post #655 of 948
Received it today. It's not grey, not gun metal, it's BRONZE in all lighting conditions. Default tips don't fit well. Changed them to KZ starline tips for better fit. Was accustomed to MEMT X5's sound signature over couple of weeks. Suddenly all missing details start appearing. Matches sound signature of KZ ZST. Found it bit harsh on few recordings.
Sound cut off problem on left earpiece is a PITA.

Which store did you get yours from? And what's the package like (check previous pages for different packages of different batches)

Apr 27, 2017 at 3:32 PM Post #656 of 948
I wonder if burn in will calm down the highs, they aren't always unbearable. Most slower music they sound great, but as stated earlier, heavy passages everything gets muddled it feels like. Right now, I like the large foams and the black filter. It's odd because I've never needed a large ear tip, but the fit on these is a lot different than any other iem I've had. So, right now rocking some porcupine tree, the cymbals sound amazing, Wilson's voice is a tad back but sounds very detailed and accurate. Guitars sound great, really great. Nice tonality and bite, witb that satisfying crunch to them. bass notes go nice and low, but anytime music gets into a heavier detailed passage, that all changes and almost sounds sibilant. I'm not a big believer in burn in, besides brain burn in, but don't have a lot of experience with ba driver setups. After all why wouldn't the manufacturer just burn in the driver's if it made that much difference? Anyhow i realize thay woyld be time consuming for them, and what do I know I'm not an audio engineer. Has anyone felt the same about the driver's speed and instrument seperation when it comes to very fast detailed passages? Maybe I just need to get used to them. I popped my 1more triples in yesterday after listening to the k3 for an hour or so, and took them right back out after 2 tracks. The k3p is great in a lot of areas, the only reason I would sell it is to see if the sony xba z5 really is the iem I've been hunting for. Oh head fi, you're killing me slowly...

Apr 27, 2017 at 4:53 PM Post #657 of 948
Hi,
I've been using K3 Pro as well, and I have been listening to Porcupine Tree, Steven Wilson's solo albums, Opeth, Tool, King Diamond, Rush, Iron Maiden, Pink Floyd(have heard DSD too of Floyd), Buckethead, Pantera, Queen and Random artists. I too feel the vocals take a back seat sometimes. With very excellent recordings David Gilmour's solo albums sound excellent. But other vocals such as Mikel from Opeth, and Bruce from Iron Maiden take a bit of a hit. I've seen the instrument separation is really good provided you have excellent recordings IMO.
With faster and more complex parts of certain artists such as Death and other metal bands, the detailing is a bit off though.
I'm looking for a new pair too and leaning towards Pinnacle P1. So let's see.

Apr 28, 2017 at 12:48 AM Post #658 of 948
I like the same music you do, in addition to a lot of heavier, then lighter stuff. See, Steven Wilson's albums are very well mastered, take his last album, hand cannot erase. You take a song on flac, say my favorite off that album, which is home invasion/regret #9. A song I've heard I don't know how many times, and on my he4, it's amazing. So, we go fiio x3 transport to ifi idsd black label to the k3p, the black label is insanely amazing btw, and all starts well, cymbals sound crisp, guitar is very well rendered, toms are kind of distant, bass lines are well detailed, the decay is all good. We get a nice soundstage, not big, not deep, but wide enough, we get instrument seperation going from g reat to average, losing a lot of air between the instruments in the faster more complex passages. Vocals come in, and this song they're pushed back a tad and distorted anyhow, all is good. When it slows down at around 4:10, everything sounds superb, vocals, keyboard, everything. I really can't get over the guitar when it is clear, it is damn near perfection as far as tonality goes, I may go as far as saying grado-esque, but it's been a while since I've heard a grado/turbulent labs driver. Anyhow, we get into 6:40 ish, back to amazingly rendered keyboard, but drums get shoved back, it's like whenever we get something going on in that male vocal range for mids, if anything else is going on at the same time, we end up cluttered and missing our sweet spot. I really just want these to open up and I honestly would be in my end game area. These things have the qualities to be an end game for me, if they just could do better in complex passages, and the mids not getting lost or pushed back. I can't say it enough about how these render strings, they do an incredible job, very realistic. I think I'm somewhat disappointed only because these are so damn close to being perfect. If we had a deeper soundstage, and better speed and tactility here, I think I could be done, with iems at least. Male vocals sound incredibly accurate when they are the only thing really going on. Oh man I wish I knew what iem could do all what I want, these things are so close, they need a slight edge taken off the treble sometimes too, I can only hope, that burn in exists and these hit my sweet spot. They really are well worth 100 bucks, they definitely have an edge over the 1more triple.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2017 at 2:39 AM Post #659 of 948
Which store did you get yours from? And what's the package like (check previous pages for different packages of different batches)
I bought it from NiceHCK store. Sent them a msg regarding the connections. Now they want me to make a video regarding the same. And I'm clueless on how to show sound cut off problem of an earphone in a video
1f602
1f602
1f602
. Here are few pictures of my set.
AirBrush_20170428102957.jpg
AirBrush_20170428103228.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back