MAD Ear+HD vs Decware CSP2
Oct 7, 2010 at 8:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

rattesp

100+ Head-Fier
Anyone ever had the chance to compare these amps ? I really like my Ear+HD but I've read great things about the CSP2 and the "synergy" with the T1. 

Any impressions ?

Oct 7, 2010 at 10:45 PM Post #2 of 7

Quote:
Anyone ever had the chance to compare these amps ? I really like my Ear+HD but I've read great things about the CSP2 and the "synergy" with the T1. 

Any impressions ?

My friend Frank I has the CSP-2 and loves it with his T1s and I love my MAD Ear+HD with my T1s. Can't lose either way.

Do you ever plan on owning a Grado headphone?

Oct 8, 2010 at 6:45 AM Post #3 of 7
Peter right no lose situation whichever way you go. The CSP-2 is also my amp of choice for the LCD2 but the MAD plays it also and also plays the D7000 which the Decware will but prefers not too.

Oct 8, 2010 at 1:03 PM Post #4 of 7
I just sold my HF2. I only use my T1.

From your comments would I be right to say going from MAD to CSP2 would be more of a side-step than an upgrade ?

Oct 8, 2010 at 8:57 PM Post #6 of 7

Quote:
I just sold my HF2. I only use my T1.

From your comments would I be right to say going from MAD to CSP2 would be more of a side-step than an upgrade ?

If you had the HF2, I would say the MAD. It is amazing with Grados. But with the T1s...hard to say. There's also the MAD Ear + Super II, or Woo2 in a similar price range.

Oct 9, 2010 at 4:16 AM Post #7 of 7
are there any other tube head amps that double like a preamp like the csp2 does?

i really need a tube preamp and have been considering th carey 308, cary aes djh, and there an LA Audio compact preamp the LA Audio C 22?    any body try these?  how would csp2 compare as preamp?
i forgot to mention that the jolida jd 5t is also high on the list and or the jd 50 A  which looks liek the same thing different model number????

i also notice there were more controls on the csp2? what do these do?

there has got to be another otl head amp that doubles as a preamp or  a hybrid anything??????

Users who are viewing this thread

Back