"Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review
Apr 13, 2013 at 7:45 AM Post #5,191 of 6,388
Everyone knows they are Mad Dogs. Mad Dogs with Alpha Pads, Mad Dogs with Darth decals, Mad Dogs w/etc. People calling them Darth/Alpha dogs are just making things up, and is not official.

You dont see people calling LCD2 with vegan pads VLCD2 or whatever.

Denons D7000 with J$ pads aren't J7000. LA7000 is different because it's fully modded.

A swapping of pads alone doesn't justify a name change.

Apr 13, 2013 at 8:19 AM Post #5,194 of 6,388
 iQuote:
not sure what I did just offering up a possible name.

As MLE and stige have already said, the name is spoken for. So just stop there.

Apr 13, 2013 at 8:37 AM Post #5,196 of 6,388
Super-Alpha-Sticker-Pants Headphones-Deluxe....um...Dogs.

Apr 13, 2013 at 8:48 AM Post #5,197 of 6,388
Quote:
Super-Alpha-Sticker-Pants Headphones-Deluxe....um...Dogs.

I like it, but it won't fit on a sticker and retain a legible font size 
beerchug.gif

Apr 13, 2013 at 9:44 AM Post #5,198 of 6,388
Well I respectfully disagree with you on the mr.speakers having a name. I've seen them called mad dog, alpha dog, and darth dog and have seen a few people say that they don't care for any of those names and just call them plain mr.speakers. I just thought the amc theme fit with the headphone co. They're both a lil known American gem that's both speedy and deliver a better bang for buck performance than the other big companies imo.

I don't think there's any confusion whatsoever about the name unless your reading comprehension isn't very sharp or you just haven't been paying attention (no offense meant btw). They're Mad Dogs, period, anywhere I see them mentioned outside of this thread that's always what they're called, that's what Dan named them. At most I've seen it abbreviated to MD or preceded by "a T50RP mod". They're made and sold by MrSpeakers, which is Dan's company.

Alpha pads are just the latest version of the pads and it gets tied together interchangeably in the thread because everyone already knows they're talking about the Mad Dogs... Same for Darth Dogs, it's just a cute nickname for Mad Dogs with blacked out stickers (like Darth Vader...), it's been used in the past with other headphones (Darth whatever). Lastly, the Javelin is a really obscure reference, I had to google it to find out it was a car (with like a 7 yr production run?).

I'm not saying Javelin's a terrible name or anything, and I rather like the way your Mad Dog mod came out... But the Mad Dogs already have a name, not sure why Dan would ever change it or (worse) why the community would try to do it for him... It's already built up a reputation or brand, and to an established business that's as valuable as anything else, regardless of whether a few people happen to like the name or not... The fact that they know it already > them liking it.

Apr 13, 2013 at 10:01 AM Post #5,200 of 6,388
There's Mad Dogs, and so an extension for something like that would be something like Rabid Dogs, RAGED OUT MURDEROUS DOGS, and then there's other moods:Happy Dogs, Content Dogs, Passive-Aggressive Dogs, Melancholic Dogs, Bipolar Dogs?

Aggressive Hounds?

Apr 13, 2013 at 10:12 AM Post #5,201 of 6,388
Unless you branch out into the rest of the animal kingdom... Mad Cats? Actually that's already taken, with the ubiquitous gamer Z added no less... (Mad Catz)

Crazy Nastyass Mad Dogs IMO, cause they just don't care, like the honey badger. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r7wHMg5Yjg

Apr 13, 2013 at 11:06 AM Post #5,204 of 6,388
Quote:
So what do you guys think of calling the mr.speakers headphones javelin's

As they are a stock unit turned into a modified production unit, would it not be more appropriate to call them AMX?

Apr 13, 2013 at 11:57 AM Post #5,205 of 6,388
I'd suggest calling them 20/20s, but that stuff is wretched. 'Javelin' is quite a stretch to say the least. Why not make it a bit more personal, like "Charlene" a la Private Pyle in Full Metal Jacket? Just imagine Pyle carefully cleaning/caressing his Mad Dogs while whispering sweet nothings to them just as Joker begins to recognize how badly he has snapped from basic training....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back