MacDEF's long-awaited Labtec Elite-840 review
Oct 27, 2001 at 2:16 AM Post #122 of 138
__________________________________________________ __

An abstract for "MacDEF's long-awaited Labtec Elite-840 review".

__________________________________________________ __

The review complied by MacDEF of the Head-Fi forum moderator discuss on the racial variation in acoustic environment perception through the human micro and macro evolution of science. The human evolution was explained in depth detail to discuss why the Labtec Elite 840 headphone sounds differently amoung races and cultures of the human population. This speculation was strongly supported by Darwin's book of Origin of species which explains the acoustic perception differences between a cat and a dog and of an ordinary black man and a Japanese woman. It is said that one's ears ability to listen certain frequenies and level of pitches drastically affect his/her ability to justify how good a headphone will sound. As a result of this speculation, it is claimed that the Labtec Elite 840 will sound differently to all races that are dependent on how their previous descendants of generations over 5000 years evolve through their particular acoustic environments and lead to the mutation of a large variaty of ears. And finally, after all these genertic scientific discussions, this topic has lead to another spectulation on why human of various cultures and races put this much effort into deciding whether or not they should buy a headphone that only cost barely US $20.

*QUOTE: There are only two things that are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. Albert Einstein (1879-1955)*

Sigh...who started this??? LOL

Oct 27, 2001 at 3:23 AM Post #123 of 138
Quote:

Originally posted by mbriant
Actually, the average human lifespan of 70 - 80 years is a relatively new phenomena brought on by advances in medicine and technology. Until recent times, I believe it was less than half those numbers.

For the sake of political correctness and not wanting to be labelled a Nazi, I conceed that all humans throughout time are and always have been absolutely identical in every way. There is no difference at all between Pigmies, Swedes, Aztecs, Celts, Mongols, Zulus, Nepalese, or any of the world's races.

Only animals have been affected by evolution.

and MacDEF....nice review
smily_headphones1.gif

mbriant: lifespan--yes, but that was true of dogs too, hence, the ratio remains.

Also, for the sake of political correctness, I did not intend to label you or anyone else a Nazi. I was only pointing to the dangers of the argument for "everything of variation between races is genetic." Also, I did not intend to convey that there are no differences between humans. I may have not made myself clear (and I'm not going to try now). It is only that natural selection is somewhat misrepresented by most, and it can be used as an argument for all sorts of scary things...

And I'm sorry, only plants have been affected by evolution. Oh yeah, and headphones.

Oct 27, 2001 at 9:16 AM Post #124 of 138
Guys,
Come on... this not Philosophy 101....
I hate that class.... Let's input more idea about good phones....
biggrin.gif
thanks...

Oct 24, 2002 at 7:05 AM Post #126 of 138
Quote:

Woo, 1-year anniversary.
Man, this was a cool funny thread.

hm..
I think the thread on headwize was gcooler and funnier.
wink.gif

Oct 24, 2002 at 12:23 PM Post #127 of 138
What's with newbies and pulling stuff out of the museum today?
confused.gif

wink.gif

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Oct 24, 2002 at 1:32 PM Post #128 of 138
i kinda got lost and skimmed most of page 4,5,6.. anywayz, i dont think there is all that much difference between asian and western music.. perhaps asian music may contain more ballad and melodic types but its all pretty much the same start.

i am guessing the main reasons for e-840 high praise are based on availbility and cost. There is just no koss around asia and the e-840 is relatively in abundance and probably cheaper than its US-based counterparts.

All said and done its still all up to the individual.. im not too crash hot with the ksc35 despite the high praises. i found the fat bass particularly annoying and it's just doesnt keep me listening.

please go ahead and discuss headphone.. i quite enjoy reading about "headphones".

smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 24, 2002 at 2:16 PM Post #129 of 138
Quote:

Originally posted by Joe Bloggs
What's with newbies and pulling stuff out of the museum today?
confused.gif

wink.gif

I guess someone wanted to read a review of the 840s. Yikes?
redface.gif

Oct 24, 2002 at 6:16 PM Post #130 of 138
Quote:

Originally posted by dgs
I guess someone wanted to read a review of the 840s. Yikes?
redface.gif

Yeah. Wanted to see if they were better than the HP550. Then the non-headphone part sucked me in.
tongue.gif

Oct 25, 2002 at 1:12 AM Post #131 of 138
LOL I clicked on this thread and started reading from the beginning, and it said 10-24 so I thought it was from today...

I was getting freaked out because I eventually got into posts that appeared to be written in the future...I was like, "What? This is dated 6 pm? It's only 1 pm! This one's from tomorrow! What's going on?!"
eek.gif

Don't do that! LOL

Oct 25, 2002 at 6:58 AM Post #132 of 138
Quote:

Originally posted by Rizumu
...I eventually got into posts that appeared to be written in the future...I was like, "What? This is dated 6 pm? It's only 1 pm! This one's from tomorrow! What's going on?!"
eek.gif

Don't do that! LOL

LOL
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 20, 2004 at 8:40 AM Post #133 of 138
2 and 1/2 year anniversary!!

Sorry, i was just searching for reviews on teh Labtec 840s, as i own these cans and want to know what they sounded like. I wasn't expecting this big discussion on evolution, though.
600smile.gif
I admit to reading through all 9 pages of this thread. Nice review, MacDEF.

I have taken my 840s apart and can announce that they are open cans. The black thing you saw behind the grill is actually a black cloth.
rolleyes.gif

I have "modded" my 840s by insterting a cotton pad on top of the black cloth, and thne putting the frame of the driver on top of it and scrweing it all shut. Then, of course, you add the pads. I find them to be very comfortable myself, actually. It muffles a teeny bit of sound (which the headphones do a bad job isolating).

Well, this is a vey old thread, i must say. Sorry to dig it back up.
rolleyes.gif
600smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back