Macbook Pro Audio Quality
Jun 21, 2011 at 2:54 AM Post #226 of 227

Quote:

I know that each generation of iPod has noticeably better audio.  More dark space and less grain with each new one I've bought, though LOD to amp still trumps the built in amps, especially with less efficient cans.  At least on my 2 year old MacBook, the audio out is not so great.  I looked in the system profile and it simply describes the hardware as "Intel audio."  If that's the case, we're certainly not in the high-end zone on AD converters.  

Huh, I heard that the iPod classic had a great amp inside of it a few years ago and they took it out. I wouldn't be surprised about the other iPod touches though.

Jun 21, 2011 at 10:39 PM Post #227 of 227
Huh, I heard that the iPod classic had a great amp inside of it a few years ago and they took it out. I wouldn't be surprised about the other iPod touches though.

I have one classic but every gen of nano. The nano sounds better to me, but I haven't compared to the classic as it's in my car all the time... So I should qualify my comment to be specific to the nano.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back