apple-imac_2.jpg

old apple keyboard (black pictured):
keyboard-big.jpg

check out this one from the search:
maltron-usb-dual-l89p-us-pc-maltron-3-1500.jpg

Jan 19, 2008 at 5:34 PM Post #216 of 414
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh, and I didn't realize that the Macbook Air doesn't have the Peryn 45nm process, but the hotter 65nm one. Coupled with the thinness and lack of ventilation in the casing, the only way that heat is going into the casing.

The Macbook Hot Air is going to be one hell of a nut roaster!

-Ed

Interesting choice by Apple, we'll have to wait for initial reports on heat.

Jan 20, 2008 at 6:17 AM Post #218 of 414
Wow 22 pages on this topic here. This isn't even a techie site.
I think this notebook isn't designed to be your primary system like macbooks and macbook pros. But for many people it will be enough, like for my wife. She travels for work once a month and needs a portable system. We checked out Toshiba's and Sony's, they were at least $500 more and had all the extras that she will never use. So I save some bucks and get her what she needs. At home, she can plug a large screen and mouse and do her facebookin'.
biggrin.gif

Jan 20, 2008 at 7:55 AM Post #219 of 414
This laptop is good for business people (those not tied to windows
wink.gif
), programmers, and for the ultra-rich, im'ing/facebooking.

To everyone wanting one badly, rest assured that in some time, there will be a macbook pro replacement just as nicely lightweight as this!

edit: as to heat, I read that the chip they are using is placed on a reduced size platform, and as a result the heat is down from 35 Watts (as in the mbp/macbook) to 20 Watts, but even 20 is high for such a tiny chassis.

Jan 20, 2008 at 7:59 AM Post #220 of 414
Jan 20, 2008 at 8:10 AM Post #221 of 414
Wow, quite a find there. The lenovo weighs just 2.5lbs and comes with an optical drive (!), and 3G networking.

So all apple has in this case is looks and the OS, but in this category you are paying for the hardware's light weight and size, not the benefit of os x.

Jan 20, 2008 at 8:32 AM Post #222 of 414
that is indeed a nice laptop. i think personally however, i would not mind spending a little less for in my opinion the nicer looing macbook. honestly, having a little better options for a little more but with an uninteresting design would stop me from purchasing the lenovo. also, i really cannot get into windows and i love the trackpad innovations.

the lenovo would be my choice for a windows laptop for sure, no contest.

Jan 20, 2008 at 1:29 PM Post #223 of 414
Where is this X300 for sale? I'd definitely give $2000 for one of those. Only thing is, they don't exist.

Alienware doesn't make a laptop that is remotely comparable.

Jan 20, 2008 at 2:25 PM Post #225 of 414
Something about the existence of a thin mac notebook has all the apple haters out in force. I honestly don't get it. Why do you care if apple releases a laptop that doesn't meet your needs? Don't buy it. Why go trolling about it? Do people come to topics about the kitchensinkheavylaptop threads complaining that even tho it has every feature ever made, it's not .3" thick and 3 lbs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back