MacaW GT100s(inverted dynamic driver) impressions thread
Jun 27, 2015 at 1:35 PM Post #32 of 235
Thanks for that. How does it compare with the VSD5 for isolation? 

I will test it out when I get home and report back. You're probably close to getting yours by now huh? Gonna try running with them a bit now to see how well they stay in. BRB

Well they stayed in. They maybe loosened a little, but I wasn't using a shirt clip or anything. Only ran a mile so not long enough to get real sweaty(was already a little sweaty though).

Jun 27, 2015 at 5:46 PM Post #33 of 235
Well mine came yesterday, and I must agree with a few that they are very close to the Titan 1's but more clearer and detailed. Played them with My AK120 and the treble was a little harsh( actually gave me a headache), but listening to them this morning with HM802 as a source and they seem to tame down, also switched to JVC Spiral Dots Large. Definitely prefer them over Titans. Listening to them now with Anniversary 3 and this is the synergy I have been looking for.. AWESOME. Some people may not like what I am going to say next, but they sound a lot like TTPOD T2E which I purchased when they first came out. Quite similar in sound but a little more open SS. T2E are close though. For the money these are a no brainer buy. just my 2 cents. EDIT; I also think they have a larger SS than B3P1.

Jun 27, 2015 at 6:55 PM Post #35 of 235
That small one is the size of the RHA T10. The Macaw filters are much larger. Maybe they got them mixed up? Is the screen different?

Any of you guys notice that one of your default silver screws or any other ones look like mine?

Listening with the treble filters today and really liking it so far.

Jun 27, 2015 at 7:09 PM Post #36 of 235
  Well mine came yesterday, and I must agree with a few that they are very close to the Titan 1's but more clearer and detailed. Played them with My AK120 and the treble was a little harsh( actually gave me a headache), but listening to them this morning with HM802 as a source and they seem to tame down, also switched to JVC Spiral Dots Large. Definitely prefer them over Titans. Listening to them now with Anniversary 3 and this is the synergy I have been looking for.. AWESOME. Some people may not like what I am going to say next, but they sound a lot like TTPOD T2E which I purchased when they first came out. Quite similar in sound but a little more open SS. T2E are close though. For the money these are a no brainer buy. just my 2 cents. EDIT; I also think they have a larger SS than B3P1.

Seems like everybody is really liking their GT100s. Can you compare it to IM70? Which one do you prefer, GT100s or IM70?

Jun 28, 2015 at 1:45 PM Post #40 of 235
So the UE tips are the best tips to use with these?

I'm looking to buy some, but I see dozens of them here:
http://www.complyfoam.com/categories/Brand/ue/

Which model is it?

Jun 28, 2015 at 1:55 PM Post #41 of 235
I will test it out when I get home and report back. You're probably close to getting yours by now huh? Gonna try running with them a bit now to see how well they stay in. BRB

Well they stayed in. They maybe loosened a little, but I wasn't using a shirt clip or anything. Only ran a mile so not long enough to get real sweaty(was already a little sweaty though).

Can you please compare it to IM70? Which one do you prefer, GT100s or IM70?

Jun 29, 2015 at 3:24 PM Post #44 of 235

I was actually very interested in the original TTPOD T2 but after the many average reviews I decided against it. It was mainly the design of it that I was really into. Could you give a bit more detail of how the GT100 compares to the T2E? I've already ordered the GT100 and it's on its way but I'm very tempted to try the T2E. Would you say they are too similar with the GT100 being better so that there is no point in getting the T2E or shall I give the T2Es a go? 

Also what's really important to me would be the isolation, how do they compare in terms of isolation.

I've not heard the IM70, sorry.

Also, the GT100s isolates about the same as the VSD5.

Thank you for posting some updates! The isolation on the VSD3 is pretty decent and I imagine the VSD5 is very similar so I'm looking forward to the GT100s! 

Jun 29, 2015 at 5:03 PM Post #45 of 235

I was actually very interested in the original TTPOD T2 but after the many average reviews I decided against it. It was mainly the design of it that I was really into. Could you give a bit more detail of how the GT100 compares to the T2E? I've already ordered the GT100 and it's on its way but I'm very tempted to try the T2E. Would you say they are too similar with the GT100 being better so that there is no point in getting the T2E or shall I give the T2Es a go? 

Also what's really important to me would be the isolation, how do they compare in terms of isolation.

Thank you for posting some updates! The isolation on the VSD3 is pretty decent and I imagine the VSD5 is very similar so I'm looking forward to the GT100s! 

Yeah, the design of the T2s piqued my interest as well and I decided to take a chance on them when I saw them used for $40. The Macaws are way better IMO, and given that the T2Es are basically a side-grade(as I understand it) to the original T2s, I didn't figure it'd be worth it. And I don't like the design as much, though I don't think it's exactly the same.

The T2 doesn't isolate very well, about on par with the KC06.

I got a replacement gold filter! So now I'm going to finally start filter-rolling some. I can confirm the silver(neutral) filters are the smallest, with the other two being the same size. So you can get a deeper fit more easily with the treble and bass filters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back